Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The coldness of Mary Lou McDonald

• 20-02-2021 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

Sad that Ms McDonald can say nothing more than a bog standard condolence message on the death of Tony Holahans wife.

He has gone way beyond all parameters of his position in the last year whilst at the same time watch his wife get progressively bad health.

And all that cold unempathetic woman can say is a boring non descriptive one liner statement.

Well ms. McDonald, Mr Holahan stands head and shoulders above you and you will never attain his level of decency

Comments

Talk about projecting. You're reading far too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Unfortunately people die all the time...

In 2019 and even in Jan 2020 we had never heard of Tony... Well I hadn't.

Condolences but it happens to us all unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Darc19 wrote: »
    Sad that Ms McDonald can say nothing more than a bog standard condolence message on the death of Tony Holahans wife.

He has gone way beyond all parameters of his position in the last year whilst at the same time watch his wife get progressively bad health.

And all that cold unempathetic woman can say is a boring non descriptive one liner statement.

Well ms. McDonald, Mr Holahan stands head and shoulders above you and you will never attain his level of decency

Cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

Future Taoiseachess ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

He has worked 24/7 and at the same time looking after his wife who had a terminal illness.

McDonald could have shown a tiny bit of compassion.

She didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

if this is the worst they can do today so be it

I am old enough to remember what they used to be at

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭rooney30

Most pointless thread iv read in a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

She was on twitter earlier criticising the government about HOW they told us they were locking us down for further months. She completely forgot about the fact that she was calling for us to be locked down with further restrictions

Our current political structure is

FF/FG/GP: More Lockdown
    SF/PBP/LAB/SD: Even More Lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Who honestly gives a shít what Mary Lou says?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

He has worked 24/7 and at the same time looking after his wife who had a terminal illness.

She didn't.

Sorry looks like some compassion in this statement
    Deepest condolences to Dr Tony Holohan
    @CMOIreland
    on the death of his wife Emer. Our thoughts are with him and his children Clodagh and Ronan. Ar dheis De go raibh a anam dilis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Fieldog wrote: »
    Who honestly gives a shít what Mary Lou says?

The gob****es who vote for SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Jesus talk about clutching at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

The gob****es who vote for SF?

Hate to break it to you, but they're all gobsh1tes!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

She didn't.

Is this actually a real thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,543 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'm sure her friends and family will take solace from the fact that her death has been used to start a sh!t-stirring thread on boards. It's just what she would have wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Lockdown is getting to you. You need to go out and get some fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Terri's early on the gin tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

I was saying the same thing when she never came to my Nans funeral. So cold hearted 🙄🙄

DAFUQ, if she went beyond that you'd be posting about her being fake and overcompensating etc. Lock this thread, what a load of bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

You are really scraping the end of the barrel with this one. Pathetic effort OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Tork

rusty cole wrote: »
    DAFUQ, if she went beyond that you'd be posting about her being fake and overcompensating etc. Lock this thread, what a load of bollox.

This ^^
    I have no time for her or the Shinners but what a non-story this is. I doubt anybody in the Houlahan family will be losing sleep over what Mary Lou did or didn't say this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

You would do well to follow a FB page called Populist Watch Ireland. It's run by some nutjob Labour activist who pretty much wakes up in cold sweats dreaming that his wife is being DP'd by IRA men. His obsession with SF is all consuming. At one stage he was retroactively chastising SF for holding a large meeting as being Covididiotism, despite the meeting having been just after the general election, weeks before Covid was regarded as a threat here.

I think SF are clowns, but this lad needs help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭con747

Yawn thread.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You would do well to follow a FB page called Populist Watch Ireland. It's run by some nutjob Labour activist who pretty much wakes up in cold sweats dreaming that his wife is being DP'd by IRA men. His obsession with SF is all consuming. At one stage he was retroactively chastising SF for holding a large meeting as being Covididiotism, despite the meeting having been just after the general election, weeks before Covid was regarded as a threat here.

I think SF are clowns, but this lad needs help.

Whoever that lad is, he's absolutely barmy. I've spotted his contributions on various FB pages across the years - and there's absolutely no let up.

Anyway, this thread is a strange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Cool story bro

I don't agree with the OP.

But when will this

'Cool story bro' sh*te reply end. It's run its course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

if this is the worst they can do today so be it

I am old enough to remember what they used to be at

I too am old enough to remember when she was a member of Fianna Fáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Unfortunately people die all the time...

In 2019 and even in Jan 2020 we had never heard of Tony... Well I hadn't.

Do you not remember he tried to cover up the cervical cancer tests scandal? Ignored calls to resign over it.

RIP to his wife all the same.

Bizarre thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Bring it to Sinn Fein thread in Current Affair to discuss their lack of expressing condolences.

But do it civilly & respectfully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement