Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭techdiver

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not an upcoming film but 2 new comic series have been announced.
    Batman 89 will continue the story of Keaton's Batman after Batman Returns.
    Superman 78 will continue Reeve's Superman story. Not sure if it's ignoring any of the sequels. They said Lois doesn't know his identity yet. So which film did he not make her forget?

Superman 2. He kissed her in the Daily Planet and induced amnesia (how??).

In the Donner Cut he just did the reverse fly around the planet again.

She only found out his identity during the trip to Niagra Falls in Superman 2. In the original Theatrical Cut Superman falls into the open fire and isn't burnt. In the Donner Cut she shoots him.

Lois never fully knows permanently in any of those movies.

Yeah he made her forget in the first one as well, if I remember correctly after he saves her while still wearing his glasses.
    Have never seen the Donner cut so knew he kissed her at the end to make her forget.
    She pretty much only has a cameo in 3.
    And I don't remember much of 4.

Yeah he made her forget in the first one as well, if I remember correctly after he saves her while still wearing his glasses.
    Have never seen the Donner cut so knew he kissed her at the end to make her forget.
    She pretty much only has a cameo in 3.
    And I don't remember much of 4.

Lois didn't find out in the first one. You are thinking about Superman 4 when he walks her off her balcony still dressed as Clark and catches her as Superman with his glasses still on. He then performs the amnesia kiss immediately after their flight together.

Ah so I do remember something of Superman 4. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ah so I do remember something of Superman 4. :)

Didn’t the baddy have luthers voice cause he had some of his DNA?

Also wasn’t apocalypse originally in it? One of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. If you can see the uncut footage you should Check it out, saw it years ago (maybe it was on my old dvds) but this is what a quick search can find:

Superman I give you your own doomsday

Drumpot wrote: »
    Didn’t the baddy have luthers voice cause he had some of his DNA?

Also wasn’t apocalypse originally in it? One of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. If you can see the uncut footage you should Check it out, saw it years ago (maybe it was on my old dvds) but this is what a quick search can find:

Superman I give you your own doomsday

Yeah, Nuclear Man had Lex's voice. He mixed his own DNA with some of Superman's after he stole a strand of hair from a museum.

The production was doomed to begin with. The rights were sold by the Salkind's to Cannon films the budget slashed (something like a quarter of previous movies) and as a result they couldn't shoot what they wanted to and ended up with a disaster.

A bit of trivia about that "villain" in the above clip. He was played by Clive Mantle (Lord Greatjon Umber) from Game of Thrones. I remember him being interviewed about it years ago (30 or so) and that there were actually 2 iterations of Nuclear Man and he was the first. The movies was originally suppose to be 40-50 minutes longer but Cannon films wanted a shorter runtime.

I see a comment on youtube saying it's their Bizarro, so I hope for their sake he's more Bizarro than Doomsday because he hen it wouldn't look as bad.
    There's a documentary about Cannon that I actually found interesting and it brought up this as well as the likes of Masters of the Universe and other films.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I see a comment on youtube saying it's their Bizarro, so I hope for their sake he's more Bizarro than Doomsday because he hen it wouldn't look as bad.
    There's a documentary about Cannon that I actually found interesting and it brought up this as well as the likes of Masters of the Universe and other films.

Sorry I think you are right, I got bizzaro mixed up with doomsday.

i'll admit I could see Doomsday elements in there somehow as if it was one of those cheap attempts to have him portrayed on screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

https://deadline.com/2021/02/supergirl-young-and-the-restless-actress-sasha-calle-the-flash-movie-dc-1234697190/
    “I saw more than four hundred auditions. The talent pool was truly amazing and it was very hard to make a decision, but we finally found an actress who was destined to play this role,” said Muschietti, who has a keen eye for discovering talent, in particular all the young actors from the first It movie.

The Flash continues it's ambitious casting. Muschietti has given himself some task and it will be fantastic if he can pull it off, though still seeing Hamada's name makes me queasy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Said in the main film forum, Melissa Benoist has set the bar really high for Supergirl, Christopher Reeve levels TBH. She's a tough act to follow. Always finding a great balance between empowerment and vulnerability from her personal life; I'd be sceptical any movie script will come close, especially based on the DC output so far. I'd fear something as clumsy and muddled as Captain Marvel.

I liked Melissa in the role but c'mon, starring in a CW show that saw ratings slowly dwindle and that probably outstayed its welcome is hardly comparable to Reeves as Superman.

Melissa could of held her own in a higher quality production but fact is we'll never know.

This casting is intriguing because of the effort they put into it. Possibly a large role one would think because of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I liked Melissa in the role but c'mon, starring in a CW show that saw ratings slowly dwindle and that probably outstayed its welcome is hardly comparable to Reeves as Superman.

Melissa could of held her own in a higher quality production but fact is we'll never know.

This casting is intriguing because of the effort they put into it. Possibly a large role one would think because of this.

The show itself was often poor yes, but then so were the Reeve films ;) I meant how she played the character, putting her stamp on it to the degree that she kinda owned it. Not that there's many onscreen versions to pick from to be fair, but I don't think any of the other CW leads could or did own their part to the same degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ThePott

This Flash film is sounding a bit overstuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

You could say the same about spidey. It’s almost like a p1ssing contest at this point.

The Flash seems to just be doing what the CW shows already did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

kerplun k wrote: »
    You could say the same about spidey. It’s almost like a p1ssing contest at this point.

I have more faith in Spider-Man given Marvel and Feige's involvement. The Flash has been in development for nearly ten years and had gone through god knows how many rewrites as first it was it's own thing within the DCEU, then it was Flashpoint to reset the DCEU and now it sounds like it's setting up the DCEU multiverse. Can't see it being anything but a hot mess, I just hope it's fun at least.

Pissing contest maybe but as far as I'm concerned both should be a spectacular experience for the fans, so we win.

It will be interesting to see how both Studios handle the respective ensembles. I get people are saying The Flash is looking overstuffed but has anyone seen the all but confirmed, never mind rumoured, cast for Spiderman 3?

Affleck I think will be a cameo. Keaton and Calle might have decent supporting roles given what's gone into their casting but other than that I don't see a numbers problem yet.

The rumour I remember hearing is that Keaton's Bruce would act as a mentor to an all female trinity so this could be the start of it.

It's funny cos both the Spider Man sequel and Flash movies are reckoned to be introducing (or at least utilising) alternate universes within their story. Both for different reasons, but interesting timing all the same, resulting in these crazy casting announcements

• Advertisement

I agree with what others have said, don't think they're comparable.
    This is the third Spider-Man film, Spider-Man in its third franchise. All characters have been established previously.

This is the first solo Flash film. Right now it looks like it has to introduce the multiverse. Bring back Michael Keaton as Batman, potentially wrap-up Affleck as Batman. Possibly include other Justice League members. Introduce Supergirl and potentially reset the DC universe. All while serving as a solo Flash film. That's only the rumoured stuff and Supergirl wasn't even mentioned until today.

That's to say nothing of the fact that I would put more faith into even a Marvel/Sony film than a Flash film that's been in some sort of development for over a decade now and gone through constant creative changes. My point being that DC have struggled with easier tasks than this. It feels like they're trying to put together a jigsaw without knowing what the picture is going to be. Just my opinion.

I can't remember but did they do the Flash origin in the Justice League film?

I can't remember but did they do the Flash origin in the Justice League film?

No, don't think so. There was a scene where he rescues this universe's Iris West, cut from the theatrical version but coming to the Synder Cut. He popped up briefly in Suicide Squad, apprehending Captain Boomerang, while there was some CCTV footage of him foiling a robbery during BvS. He also appeared in CW's Crisis event :pac: which makes me now wonder if the reverse might happen in this...

He had a scene with his dad in prison in JL, that was about it.

So they have to fit his origin and early days into this as well because we know DC loves their origin stories, no matter how well known the characters are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So they have to fit his origin and early days into this as well because we know DC loves their origin stories, no matter how well known the characters are.

I doubt they'll bother. I hope they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman) is writing the script for Zatanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yay I'm holding a lot of hope out for this one!

Advertisement