Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vulture's Friday Night pickings: Late Late Show 19th February 2021

• 18-02-2021 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Ryan Tubridy will be joined by music legends Barry Gibb and Dolly Parton on Friday's Late Late Show on RTÉ One.

The stars will discuss their decades at the top of the industry, and why they have teamed up for a brand-new album.

No mention will be made of Dolly's cancer, although Barry will be asked if his dead brothers miss Ireland.
    Eve Hewson will be appearing to talk about her new Netflix thriller series Behind her Eyes, and her experience of growing up in Ireland as daughter of U2's Bono.

Nepotism slot #1
    Talented swimmer Trish Kearney was just 13-years-old when she first encountered George Gibney.

"Ireland's Conscience" will probably try for tears from this unfortunate lady.
    Actor and comedian Pat Shortt and his daughter Faye Shortt will talk about teaming up together as a comedy duo.

Nepotism slot #2. Not sure if these folks have any misery to relate, but Tubbers will no doubt be on the case already.
    Singer-songwriter Megan O'Neill will perform Time in a Bottle, which features in new series Firefly Lane.

Comments

The guests have been revealed for this week's Late Late Show on RTÉ One.

Bee Gees legend Barry Gibb, Dolly Parton, Eve Hewson, and Pat and Faye Shortt are among guests for The Late Late Show this Friday.

There's music royalty in store for viewers of The Late Late Show this Friday night, with legendary Bee Gees frontman Barry Gibb, and queen of country, Dolly Parton, joining Ryan to discuss their decades at the top of the industry, and why they have teamed up for a brand-new album.

In honour of Barry's appearance on the show, a special Bee Gees musical medley will be performed on the show.

Rising star of the acting world, Eve Hewson, will speak about her acting career to date, her current lead role in Netflix series, Behind Her Eyes, and her experience of growing up in Ireland as daughter of U2's Bono.

Talented swimmer Trish Kearney was just 13-years-old when she first encountered George Gibney. Then a swimming coach, Gibney went on to sexually abuse her for years. Gibney later avoided trial in Ireland on 27 counts of indecent assault and unlawful carnal knowledge, of young Irish swimmers, and lives freely in the USA. Tomorrow night on The Late Late Show, Trish tells her story.

Actor and comedian Pat Shortt and his daughter Faye Shortt will join Ryan to speak about teaming up together as a comedy duo, and vintage expert and Irish Pickers star Ian Dowling will be in studio to present a treasure trove of salvage items he has found.

Singer-songwriter Megan O'Neill will perform Time in a Bottle, which features in new series Firefly Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

In honour of Barry's appearance on the show, a special Bee Gees musical medley will be performed on the show.

Thats just going to be tragedy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,515 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Irish Pickers is an interesting show, it was on Blaze, not sure if any Irish channels showed it...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd be interested in the George Gibney story. I've been following it on Broadsheet for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Here's how the league stood a few months back for RTE chat show appearances.

RTEAppearances-League.png

With Pat and Dermo battling it out for the most regurgitated LLS act, this one's a real "six-pointer".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I can’t face the black abyss of the Late Late tonight so I’ve decided to watch Schindler’s List instead.

Dont know about any of yous, but I've been waiting years to find out whether or not Barry Gibb thinks Irish audiences are the best in the world.

Can't hack the nerves - roll on 9:35pm FFS!! :D

• Advertisement

Welcome to the all new, craic-filled late late show!!

4yp9so.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'd be interested in the George Gibney story. I've been following it on Broadsheet for a while.

The podcast was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Threads merged.

I thought that when a mod's thread and an average human being's thread were merged, the former's thread would take precedence over the latter's. I shall give you 24 hours to give me a response and if I do not hear back from you I shall be reporting it to the TAI (Threads Authority of Ireland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Yeah Joe, that's the only thing that it worth tuning in for tonight. Very interested to hear her story. It's to the true shame of this nation that Gibney was never punished for his crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ok,ok,ok.

I need to understand...

Have I missed the Orgy?

If I haven't missed it, when and where is it?

If it is going to happen, how do you overcum the social distancing issue?

If it is going ahead, will you be showing episodes of The Late Late show in the background? ( Can I suggest Country and Western Night?)

Ohhhhhhh,and if I did miss it....can YOU explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

the podcast was excellent too

Ok,ok,ok.

I need to understand...

Have I missed the Orgy?

If I haven't missed it, when and where is it?

If it is going to happen, how do you overcum the social distancing issue?

If it is going ahead, will you be showing episodes of The Late Late show in the background? ( Can I suggest Country and Western Night?)

Ohhhhhhh,and if I did miss it....can YOU explain why?

Postponed until further notice...or at least until I can find a male voice choir willing to perform naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wasn't Dolly on a few weeks ago? What's that aboot?

I'm afraid I'm narky tonight, might give it a rest cos I'll just be bitching all night.

(Although we'll see how I am after this here pizza).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Postponed until further notice...or at least until I can find a male voice choir willing to perform naked.

Ok.....what about some strategically positioned mirrors?

NB...if the sing "Swing low,Swing High...."....I'll be running for the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I'm a big fan of Dolly Parton watched her glastonberry session a few times this lockdown. Shes reluctant for a Dolly Statue to be erected in Nashville Tenesse. Perhaps the LLS could have the ring in prize tonight as a trip to Dollywood post panepidemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dolly has cancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

SPOILER She sings W***S with Barry Gibb

I'm going to be tuned into this thread tonight folks with my buddy son of James

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dolly has cancer?

No thankfully, it was just rumour-unless the CancerMan can cause it to spontaneously break out over Zoom I think she's ok.

Sad news, Tony Holohan's wife had died, r.I.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Dont know about any of yous, but I've been waiting years to find out whether or not Barry Gibb thinks Irish audiences are the best in the world.

Can't hack the nerves - roll on 9:35pm FFS!! :D

Roll on 9.35,
    What a way to spend an evening
    Almost makes me cry
    Pat short stealing a living
    Barry gibbs alright
    But tubs is gonna wreck it
    Its enough to make you
    welcome covid if you get iiiiit

Greetings and salutations campers. Ain't nothing more therapeutic after a mediocre Friday than laughing at Tub's frigid mug. The quips are sharpened and ready to fly.

Pontificate, my good man!

• Advertisement

'Dee-ana Ross' :confused:

Advertisement