Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brittany Ferries

• 28-06-2020 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭

Brittany Ferries is to resume it's Cork-Roscoff service next weekend, hopfully it will be successful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Brittany Ferries announced yesterday that for 2021 in addition to the Pont Aven long standing 4pm Saturday Cork to Roscoff sailing there will be an extra sailing on the route in 2021. Beginning on Wednesday 24th March until Wednesday 27th October Amorique will sail from Cork to Roscoff on Wednesdays departing at 4pm and arriving in Roscoff at 8am Thursday. T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I wish them well.

Brittany Ferries are to lay up the Amorique and Bretange post august. Some routes will be dropped, however the Cork Roscoff service will not be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

roundymac wrote: »
    Brittany Ferries are to lay up the Amorique and Bretange post august. Some routes will be dropped, however the Cork Roscoff service will not be affected.

Does the laying up of the Amorique mean the mid week run announced for next summer is being cut?

Of course it does, it will be years before anything will start to return to normal. It will not happen in my lifetime, I'm 65 to give you an indication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Innisfallen

murphym7 wrote: »
    Does the laying up of the Amorique mean the mid week run announced for next summer is being cut?

Lay up is for the autumn/winter period. At the moment, Amorique's mid week run is going ahead in the new year.

I'll buy a lottery ticket so, better chance of winning than that happening.

Of course it does, it will be years before anything will start to return to normal. It will not happen in my lifetime, I'm 65 to give you an indication.
    I'm glad I got that wrong.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40228751.html

Sensible in the circumstances, if unfortunate.

Some one would want to explain Port & Starboard to the Echo.

• Advertisement

Some one would want to explain Port & Starboard to the Echo.

I suppose one could suggest the photographer was looking to port when they took the photo of the starboard side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Dohvolle wrote: »
    I suppose one could suggest the photographer was looking to port when they took the photo of the starboard side.

That must be a massively high ship or a Helicopter in that case.
    :pac:

CJhaughey wrote: »
    That must be a massively high ship or a Helicopter in that case.
    :pac:

Canberra,

Dohvolle wrote: »
    Nah, just piss poor reporting.:(

Advertisement