Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie Beer

• 07-02-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Trying to get my hands on some James Boags and Crown Lager but cant find any off licence that seems to stock it - anybody know of any?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Molloy's used to occasionally stock Boags, but haven't seen it there for a few years. Have never seen Crown anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Cooper's is the only Antipodean import currently. Not feasible to import the other ones with lead times, relatively little demand, best before dates etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Cooper's is the only Antipodean import currently.
    Isn't Little Creatures around at the moment too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

There's a bar in Derry that stocks Victoria Bitter. Seems to be exclusively drunk by people who spent time out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

BeerNut wrote: »
    Isn't Little Creatures around at the moment too?

Seen it in Molloy's around Xmas time. Think it's brewed in England version. Might be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Seen it in Molloy's around Xmas time. Think it's brewed in England version. Might be wrong.

Brewed in England alright, at one of the other Lion Group breweries I'd imagine. They've a tap room in London also

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Try Redmonds in Ranelagh Village if it's still open

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Brewed in England alright, at one of the other Lion Group breweries I'd imagine.
    FourPure, I'm guessing. They also brew a version of New Belgium Voodoo Ranger now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,929 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Cooper's is the only Antipodean import currently. Not feasible to import the other ones with lead times, relatively little demand, best before dates etc

That's pretty much it. Used to drink Boags myself and when it disappeared I enquired about it and was told that it wasn't keeping well on it's way here. Shame, it was one of the better lagers going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

grizzcol2 wrote: »
    Trying to get my hands on some James Boags and Crown Lager but cant find any off licence that seems to stock it - anybody know of any?

My cousin would always say Boags for bogans, drink Cascade! Both are fairly large breweries so it’s a Murphy’s v Beamish snobbishness.

It’s owned by Kirin but I have never seen it sold here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

irish_goat wrote: »
    There's a bar in Derry that stocks Victoria Bitter. Seems to be exclusively drunk by people who spent time out there.

I spent time out there. One of the things I really don’t miss.

Muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

I might have mentioned this before but I found the family run off licences in Dublin (Deveneys and Redmonds) the best for Ozzie beers. The little wine shop on Baggott St (near the Fas office) would be worth a look also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

endacl wrote: »
    I spent time out there. One of the things I really don’t miss.

Muck.

I was the same until it was the week it was on special in the bottle shop.

Loved Crownies as well. Oh the innocence of youth.

I think Cooper's Lager was the only beer I drank out there that I have consistently longed for.

Advertisement