Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Champions League 20/21

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Just a quick reminder that the Champions League final takes place in the next 2 fpl gameweeks 20+21.

Best of luck to both players.

First Leg of the final completed. CSF with a 9 point lead over DH2K9 going into the 2nd Leg, so all to play for. This one could go right to the wire yet I'd say. Quick turnaround with the next leg ko this weekend. Best of luck to both players.

7x8wN56.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Gone a while but well done on this competition McBain

An entertaining competition finishes up with CSF the champion, defeating DH2K9 in the final. Was tight going into the second leg of this, but CSF just kept his nose in front all the way and was a very worthy winner in the end. DH2K9 had a great tournament overall, going on a huge winning streak before coming unstuck in the finale.

Well done to both lads, and congratulations on winning the prize monies of 1st - 600 euros, 2nd - 200 euros.

Any issues with the scores attached, let me know. Big thanks to all for taking part in this. I enjoyed running it, quirky enough format (with a kind of NFL style group stage), but I think it played out well enough in the end.

hDNReWY.png

And here we have CSF and some of the Gavin Salad squad lifting 'ol big ears.

2R3kkSb.png

And absolute scenes in the Gavin Salad dressing rooms post match

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477nd4i6uaje2ohi3ywwcewolz09ovr14fl2lj7jsm&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pretty accurate image in the Salad camp!!! Delighted to win, thanks a million for running this!!

If DH2K9 is reading this thread, can you PM please. Have winnings for you, just need your payment details to send monies to.

Thanks,
    McBain11

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    I see Kathleen has brought in Gundogan, so hes obviously going to score a hat-trick while Mahrez rots on the bench for me

Fair to say Kathleen was a visionary.

10 goals and 2 assists in the 10 games since

CSF wrote: »
    Fair to say Kathleen was a visionary.

10 goals and 2 assists in the 10 games since

Twas a fair shout alright. I missed the entire Gudongan train myself. Unbelievable returns for his price over the past 2 months.

Lads, probably a shot in the dark, but is there any other way of contacting someone from Boards besides pm'ing them? I presume it's not possible to get an email address due to GDPR is it?

Just trying to get a hold of DH2K9 and square away his runner up money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

McBain11 wrote: »
    Lads, probably a shot in the dark, but is there any other way of contacting someone from Boards besides pm'ing them? I presume it's not possible to get an email address due to GDPR is it?

Just trying to get a hold of DH2K9 and square away his runner up money.

I know his Twitter, I could pm you his handle.

Spot on Scorpion. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Thanks lads - well done to CSF.

Beaten by the better team in the final!

Well done to both finalists again!

All winning monies squared away now.

Best of luck to all in the remainder of your FPL seasons. Hopefully the boards FSA contingent pick up many more big prizes.

Have been backing off the forum so only seeing this now.

Well done to CSF and fantastic work by McBain in running the comp.

I never got competitive this season so hopefully something like this runs again next season.

The draft game has kept may main interest this year due to a main game crumble.

I’ll be in the lookout for more variations of competition next season too.

Thanks again McBain for all the work.

Advertisement