Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alternative to Debenhams for Bras?

Options
  • 17-02-2021 2:33pm

Now that I'm not buying bras at Debenhams any more, can anyone suggest a good alternative?

I used to always get their 'Gorgeous' DD+ brand t-shirt bras and they were perfect, but now that I have to find an alternative - online because of Covid - I'm struggling to decide what's a reliable brand, ie. solid, comfortable, decent straps.

I'm thinking I may have to order a few, with inevitable returns.

Has anyone changed from 'Gorgeous' brand and found an equivalent that they are happy with?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Never shopped for bras in Debenhams, but M&S are a good high street option.

Thanks Conor(?) :)

I'll check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Ann summers daily wear are great.

Thanks corkgsxr

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Oxendales have a good selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

arnotts

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

M&S are terrible for bras, and whatever you do, don’t let them size you. Their method is crap.

When you have big boobs, you need decent bras and hood support- if not you’ll end up with back and neck pain.

I’m not based in Dublin but I travel to peaches and cream there about 3 times a year- they’re brilliant at fitting and have a good selection. They also have pretty bras, rather than the scaffolding you can get in some places once you go above a D cup. When shops are open again it’s worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭fits

Belle femme in kilkenny are very good for fitting also.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I actually had a look at M&S and ordered some, because they looked decent enough.... hopefully they will be okay until I can go to a real life shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I buy DD+ bras from M&S and find them grand! But I sized myself, their measuring method gave me too big of a band. I also like ASOS, they have a good range of brands and there's 20% off promos quite often these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LizT wrote: »
    Oxendales have a good selection.

And Simply Be and Yours Clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gabrielle88

I also reccomend M&S - this brand has great quality products. Try to find maybe some local brand sewing bras - such companies pay more attention to the details and often the quality is better than in big fashion industries. I'm from Poland and everytime I'm back there, I buy bras locally - on the internet, but from a little company I'm sure of (Gorteks or Kinga).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I bought some recently from The Ladies Slip in Tramore - they were really helpful! Measured myself using the boob or bust method (website) and was able to get what I needed really quickly and no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement