Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Research Council 2021

Options
  • 04-02-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Starting a thread for those of us waiting for a response to the IRC Postdoc (or postgrad!) funding.

Anybody else waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scottyboy13dub

Great idea starting this thread!!

I applied to the postgraduate program ~ still no indication yet regarding the first round offers :/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blizzardofone

I'm interested to hear of when / if we hear of getting through to the second round of assessment.

Is this your first time applying?

This is my first time applying , you? ~ I know quite a few people who've applied in past years. From what I can tell 2017 -- 2019 issued information related to second round progression between the 5th and 9th of February. I believe last year they issued second round progression information a bit earlier than that, however, the conditional offers were issued significantly later due to COVID (which is to be expected).

So yeah, I'm in the same boat as you -- eagerly awaiting a sign of life from the council :/

This is my first time applying , you? ~ I know quite a few people who've applied in past years. From what I can tell 2017 -- 2019 issued information related to second round progression between the 5th and 9th of February. I believe last year they issued second round progression information a bit earlier than that, however, the conditional offers were issued significantly later due to COVID (which is to be expected).

So yeah, I'm in the same boat as you -- eagerly awaiting a sign of life from the council :/

It's my first time too! Oh that's good to know about the second round from previous years. I've everything crossed that the emails come out this week. I'm hoping though that with covid that the final result isnt pushed back - the wait has been long enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AMS_theother1

Guys, any further updates?
    Anyone got any emails from IRC?

• Advertisement

Guys, any further updates?
    Anyone got any emails from IRC?

Nothing yet! I'm hoping they announce if we've got through to second round assessment this week

There is always the possibility that they won't do progression to second round emails and just let everyone know the final outcome at the end of March :/

There is always the possibility that they won't do progression to second round emails and just let everyone know the final outcome at the end of March :/

Yeah, a friend who was successful some years ago said they didn't receive any update until the final outcome. :/

At this stage I'm pretty sure we will find out results at the end of March ~ stay strong friends!

I think so too! Only another... five weeks to go! Nerves are up the wall here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sepiolida

What does everyone else's status say in the portal? Mine has said 'ready for review' for months! Looking at threads from other years apparently it should change to 'under assessment' at some point

sepiolida wrote: »
    What does everyone else's status say in the portal? Mine has said 'ready for review' for months! Looking at threads from other years apparently it should change to 'under assessment' at some point

Mine says 'Under Assessment' though I'm not sure if mine ever went to Ready for Review. Might be worth dropping them an email to ask about it? I'm sure it'll just be a portal glitch though surely?

OK this is potentially interesting; to clarify, your portal has always said "Under Assessment" and has never said "Ready for Review"?

Mine has said "Ready for Review" but to my knowledge (and I have obsessively checked the portal EVERY. SINGLE. DAY) has never said "Under Assessment"..

Existential Question: What does this all mean O.o?

EDIT: mine has said Ready for Review for months same as sepiolida!

Oh how strange! So mine has said under assessment since December after my app. was endorsed by the university office. I didn't check every day at that stage, so it may have said ready for review for a short time?

Also - Im wondering are you both applying to PhD or Postdoc funding? I wonder is this the reason. I'm in for the postdoc funding round.

I applied to PhD funding -- that could be the difference I guess! Although the PhD funding applications were done at the end of October so seems strange that postdocs are ahead in the assessment Q (although you guys are at a more advanced stage in your research career!).

Hmm....at least it's not just me, I guess. Starting to panic a little now I won't lie. I emailed the system team and asked was it a glitch or to be expected so I'll post their reply here if I get one!

I'm applying for PhD funding too!

I don't think it's the time to panic (yet)! I have two other friends who also applied to PhD funding & their portal has always said "Ready for Review" too O.o.

But I guess emailing them would be a great way to gauge the situation -- thank you!

Are you applying for AHS or STEM (BTW Good luck!! :D:D )

I got a response!

"Everything is in order with the assessment workflow and all applicants will be notified in due time."

So that's that I guess. Just have to wait it out.

scottyboy13dub, I'm applying for STEM! You? Best of luck to you too :D

Damn that must be the fastest response the council has ever issued ! :D

Yup -- seems like a waiting game now :(

Sepiolida ~ I'm also STEM!C:D

I've applied for the AHSS Postdoc stream - so that's probably something to do with the status too!

The waiting game is excruciating after so long!

• Advertisement

sepiolida wrote: »
    I got a response!

"Everything is in order with the assessment workflow and all applicants will be notified in due time."

So that's that I guess. Just have to wait it out.

scottyboy13dub, I'm applying for STEM! You? Best of luck to you too :D

So, does it mean that it should say “ready for review” for PhD funding? It has been that for me as well.

Anyone else who is applying for PhD funding and have their status changed to anything other than “ready for review “ ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BuuuuuuuuuB

I applied to Postdoc. My Application changed from Ready for Review to Under Assessment from December till now.
    Do you know when will be the announcement?

I applied to Postdoc. My Application changed from Ready for Review to Under Assessment from December till now.
    Do you know when will be the announcement?

I think the end of March is when the results will be out.

Best of luck to you dear friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OGrady2212

Hey gang. Another IRC GoI PhD funding applicant here. Good Christ but the wait is excruciating.

I'm AHSS, first time applicant, and my account has been "Ready for Review" since I submitted it and my uni endorsed it.

Hope everyone is handling the waiting game alright. Its so so tough. I'm back checking every day, but its so unhelpful I think I'll try nix that habit.

How are you peeps hanging in there?
    Any updates from anybody?
    Has the PhD funding status changed for anybody?

No new for Postdoc.
    Very hard times. Wait is killing.

I'm a PhD applicant -- no change in status for me either. I think we'll be left until the last day of the month to find out our collective faith (: my guess is that they're behind, which is why there was no issue of first round progression.. even tho they say they're on track

I think at this stage it's probably due at the end of the month. A friend from a previous year said that her year weren't given outcome of the first round assessment until the very end. The wait is getting tedious now - beginning to fear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 OGrady2212

No change in status for me.
    Definitely the end of the month at this stage.
    Thinking of you all, the wait is very tough.

Advertisement