Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric vehicles stocks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

RMG doesn't want to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeBagga

Such a craaaazzzyyy move for electric vehicle penny stocks. I know they are what they are (mostly trash) but you can't say they haven't been monster trades this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

JoeBagga wrote: »
    Such a craaaazzzyyy move for electric vehicle penny stocks. I know they are what they are (mostly trash) but you can't say they haven't been monster trades this year.

DSGT and Couv, 2 more easy 100%+ gains for me the last few trading days. And I was always told to stay away from penny stocks lol, my simple plan is the second I hear about a new penny EV stock I do a quick bit of dd and check the hype, if there is good hype the odds are that I'm alittle late to the party so I'll jump on board quick. Worked well with 4 out of 6 EV penny stocks so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

Just an update on NGA - they have secured a deal with amazon for 500 trucks a year for the next 10 years. Amazon could potentially own 15% of the company if they use there warrent's. think it will still dump post merger like rmo did. wait for the merger and the spac dump then scoop some up if interested.
    https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/11/huge-order-for-lion-electric-trucks-from-amazon/

Still in rmo also they going to supply the batteries so both are linked - its taken a bit of a beating recently though but holding through the pain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

hottipper wrote: »
    Just an update on NGA - they have secured a deal with amazon for 500 trucks a year for the next 10 years. Amazon could potentially own 15% of the company if they use there warrent's. think it will still dump post merger like rmo did. wait for the merger and the spac dump then scoop some up if interested.
    https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/11/huge-order-for-lion-electric-trucks-from-amazon/

Still in rmo also they going to supply the batteries so both are linked - its taken a bit of a beating recently though but holding through the pain :D

Nice contract to win.

Is the Lion - NGA merger completely locked down at this stage? - if not, I would expect Lion to try and renegotiate it.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

garrettod wrote: »
    Nice contract to win.

Is the Lion - NGA merger completely locked down at this stage? - if not, I would expect Lion to try and renegotiate it.

Not sure exactly
    Atlas_IRL wrote: »

dayum another electric bus - space getting crowded now, that arrival, lion and proterra now

Good day all around for EVs. NIU, a chinese ev scooter company, which is well established with very good sales all over Asia, finally had a big breakout and pushed on over 40$. I've been in since around 19$ back in June, but it just never took off like NIO or many of the other Chinese EVs, will be interesting to see if this jump brings it more mainstream, it's still undervalued in my view.

Another EV, but on the other end of the scale, alot more of a growth stock with good potential but big risk, Ehang holdings, a Chinese electric human rated drone, thats been on a crazy run since November, hit 31$ today. I think that whole technology is still afew yrs away, but its definitely hit the hype level, I'll most likely take profit over next day or so but aim to get back in if it pulls back to the low 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Albertie

True maybe will take some long time, but not sure if still the valuation of the EVs corporates will be close to real figures, if some of the big firms will do the analysis or audit then will have the true scenario of the situation if it’s good to proceed or good to pause for a while. Also if there are some new firms in this niche then not sure if they will survive or not and so will be a good investment or the opposite. I would probably just wait and watch and keep an eye on things if there is any policy or real data will convince to take a step to get into this for good.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Good day all around for EVs. NIU, a chinese ev scooter company, which is well established with very good sales all over Asia, finally had a big breakout and pushed on over 40$. I've been in since around 19$ back in June, but it just never took off like NIO or many of the other Chinese EVs, will be interesting to see if this jump brings it more mainstream, it's still undervalued in my view.

Another EV, but on the other end of the scale, alot more of a growth stock with good potential but big risk, Ehang holdings, a Chinese electric human rated drone, thats been on a crazy run since November, hit 31$ today. I think that whole technology is still afew yrs away, but its definitely hit the hype level, I'll most likely take profit over next day or so but aim to get back in if it pulls back to the low 20s.

Hmm that aged well ha. Defo no pullback to low 20s, Hit 110$ today.

• Advertisement

Hmm that aged well ha. Defo no pullback to low 20s, Hit 110$ today.

Wow never heard of it, rocketing!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Put a small bit in Navya. A French company with level 4 automation in ev shuttles. Market cap of 90 million and not much hype around it yet.
    Might be worth a punt.
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210118005425/en/Navya-First-Autonomous-Shuttle-Service-Launched-in-Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lot of people getting excited about HYLN, they announced a new battery for trucks last week that's apparently a game changer. Going to be watching closely next week. ER coming up on the 23rd so lots of volatility expected.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Another one for Tuesday (depending on BTC behaviour -its a EV and crypto play)) is DPW, i'm excited by its chart from a TA perspective and quite a lot of noise on FinTwit about it, likely to be a bit of a wild ride as a result.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Considering Apple going into EV sector and discussing their tieup / plans with Car manufacturers, what is the view of getting into Apple stock..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

pitrn wrote: »
    Considering Apple going into EV sector and discussing their tieup / plans with Car manufacturers, what is the view of getting into Apple stock..

Apple are on a roll at the moment because they have a new chip architecture which is a bit of game changer. That said their main income is phone's not computers. The iPhone is just being incrementally updated. So nothing dramatic on the horizon there. They've been playing with the car stuff for quite a while so that's not really new. Though they have recently nabbed some high profile personnel from established automotive companies. I think the car is along way off. They may make short term gains if their new chip really takes off. Which it looks like it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

pitrn wrote: »

My hope is CCIV merges with Lucid and then after Jony Ive's who's on the CCIV team and the former Chief Design Officer of Apple teams up with Apple again to form the partnership between Lucid and Apple. Apple doing the software, although hopefully not maps haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Any recommendations for a good ETF, in the EV and / or battery space?

While I've a few shares in specific companies, I'm now thinking about a long term hold, that will cover a wider spectrum of potential players.

Tks.

Thanks,

G.

https://wolfpackresearch.com/research/ehang/ so it pumped up to a crazy crazy 129$ 2 days ago (I was fomo'ing alittle that I missed that ride the whole way, but I've been burn enough times to know that I really don't like chasing breakout plays.) Who knows if Wolfpack stretch the truth, but the likes of this doesn't surprise me hugely, that share price growth was in no way sustainable and was based on nothing but hype and some fancy marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

garrettod wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a good ETF, in the EV and / or battery space?

While I've a few shares in specific companies, I'm now thinking about a long term hold, that will cover a wider spectrum of potential players.

Tks.

IEVD.DE
    https://www.ishares.com/ch/individual/en/products/307130/ishares-electric-vehicles-and-driving-technology-ucits-etf-usd-acc-fund

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/henrikfisker/status/1369493865174949888

Oh God, really Henrik Fisker is not going to pull off a Trevor Milton mask and say suprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

For starters, Henrik Fisker has a much better track record than Trevor Milton. He could be on to something but he needs to start delivering.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    For starters, Henrik Fisker has a much better track record than Trevor Milton. He could be on to something but he needs to start delivering.

I know that was more tongue in cheek, I like fisker as a company but there was a better way than drawing a flinstone car. Thought it was a bizarre concept drawing

Advertisement