Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NASCAR 2023

• 09-02-2021 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Not quite the season opener,as it's a exhibition/cash prize race,but the Busch Clash is on tonight,midnight Irish time.And while at Daytona International Speedway as normal,it's going to be on the roadcourse,or the Roval as the Yanks call it,half of the infield and half on the banking.Won't watch it live,as its a school night,but will catch the replay tomorrow hopefully.
    Post edited by LIGHTNING on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Any idea of who is carrying the broadcasts this year? Is it Premier Sports again?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,480 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's on Premier sports 2 right now. Race hasn't started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Austin Cindric won the xfinity race last night, could he do the same in the 500 tonight ?

Toyotas look strong but this race will probably come down to the last ten laps and the probable 'big one' taking out a few contenders.

Live on Premier Sports 2 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Infoanon wrote: »
    Austin Cindric won the xfinity race last night, could he do the same in the 500 tonight?

If he does, the Internet will have a meltdown considering how many of them were baffled as to why he got in the race when Ty didn't.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    If he does, the Internet will have a meltdown considering how many of them were baffled as to why he got in the race when Ty didn't.

Cindric was almost a certainty for the race given that he was in a Penske , if there is any bafflement it's around how Derrike Cope starting despite being miles off the pace due to the charter system.

Ty Dillon should be in the race but he lost out to 4 other drivers not just Cindric.

• Advertisement

Yeehaaa! Mega wreck!

Yeehaaa! Mega wreck!

16 cars wrecked after 14 laps....now lightning in the air

Truex/ Bowman amongst them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Driers on the track, hopefully get going again in the next half hour or so.

Well that was one long night. And eventually at 5am, a less-than-one-year Tánaiste won the race after the Penskes seppuku'd.

• Advertisement

It's hard to believe its 20 years since we lost the intimidator Dale Earnhardt.
    I recall Martin Brundle, who has raced Dale in iroc ,commenting that Earnhardt could make a car do things on the track.that shouldn't have been possible.

Never realised that F1 star Danny Ricciardo use of #3 in F1 was inspired by Earnhardt whom Danny Ric was a huge fan of and a fan of his 'intimidator ' style.

Earnhardt was incredible, loved watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

eagle eye wrote: »
    Earnhardt was incredible, loved watching him.

I hated him as a driver,a bully on the track,when he had'nt the speed to pass you on the track he basically bet you into the wall,where's the skill in that??When he was introduced to the crowd at the start of the race 60% of the crowd would cheer wildly,me and my da and about 10% of the other fans used to boo as loud as we could.You'd want to see the Earnhardt fans turn to look at us,we used to give an extra boo and smile at them!!!Great banter! He drove his motorhome past us at Darlington in 1990,this was on the Wednesday,hardly a sinner around,me and my da gave him thumb's up all the same.We were impressed he was staying in the pits all week,as opposed to a flash hotel.
    So I liked him as a person,in fact I cried at the telly when he hit the wall and the aftermath.You could tell by all the marshals/medic's reaction's at his car that it was'nt going to be good news.

Daytona Roval is on now. Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,618 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Bus Stop. Woohoo!

Lots of damage happening from minor little things. Going to be a long evening of watching this.

Come on Chase!

Interesting call for wet weather. I'm hoping drivers go for it on slicks.

Enjoyed that race -good track - surprised there wasn't a wreck at the end - some questionable blocking !

What a weekend for Joe Gibbs, his grandson wins his first ever Xfinity race and then his new young driver wins the Cup race.
    I was looking at next weekends race and Truex, Hamlin and Kyle have one win each. Bell could do two in a row.

Good race,the 24 won it well in the end.Shocking how Logano and Blaney fell off the pace as the track cooled,even Bubba beat them!!!

• Advertisement

Vegas is on... Let's get racin'.

Very tough track, stay low early and go high later. Really is set up for the likes of Truex and Larson.
    I mention them because starting near the front always seems to be a huge bonus on this track.

Some great speeds and racing so far. It's going to get tastier towards the end..

Vegas had great racing in the 1st 2 Stages,but the last stage settled down very quickly and it basically follow the leader after that.Larson won it handy enough.

Both truck and Sprint cup races postponed until tomorrow due to threat of flooding in Bristol.

Truck race at 5pm Irish time and Cup race at 9pm.
    Glad I'm off tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Truck race at 5pm Irish time and Cup race at 9pm.
    Glad I'm off tomorrow.

What channel is this on out of curiosity? Tia

What channel is this on out of curiosity? Tia

Cup on Premier 2.
    Trucks... good luck with that.

I think it's pretty amazing them trying to do this dirt track race. Here's some of the practice showing the track cleaning up on the racing line but the cars still drifting around the bends.

• Advertisement

This race is nuts !

Hoping overheating doesn't become an issue due to mud building up on the front of the cars

Advertisement