Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barb and star go to vista del mar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,945 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr. Grey in a comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I loved this!! It reminded me a lot of something like Austin Powers and Wet Hot American Summer, it's completely daft but just switch off and enjoy the ride. Very surprised by Dornan's comedy chops and be keeps his natural accent which is refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

This was hit and miss for me. I was worried at the beginning because a lot of moments were falling flat (and the antagonist felt a bit too Dr Evil), but it definitely settles into a nice groove once the titular duo reach the hotel.

I wish more comedies were being made like this, in general - a pre-Apatow era of wacky concepts and nonsensical set pieces. Felt very 90s in that regard - you could it being a former SNL sketch turned into a movie, like Wayne's World.

The overall tone reminded me of Hot Rod, and both happen to have music performance scenes ripped off from Footloose :D I'd recommend it but with a few caveats, and I'd advise to wait for the rental price to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

€14.99 to rent on sky store.
    I’ll wait a while to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loved this! Was just a lot of fun and exactly what I needed to watch this evening!

• Advertisement

Is this on Netflix Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this on Netflix Ireland?

No! You can rent it from iTunes, sky store etc. 14.99

Addle wrote: »
    €14.99 to rent on sky store.
    I’ll wait a while to see it.
    Rfrip wrote: »
    No! You can rent it from iTunes, sky store etc. 14.99

That's way too expensive I'll wait

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gave it 24 minutes and then had to turn it off as it was approaching the most annoying load of bollix I have ever seen in my entire life. Decided to watch it based on recommendation on Six O'Clock Show Tv lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That trailer looks absolutely appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Total drivel - how the hell this has such an high rating is beyond me, didn't even raise a smile - must be lots of middle aged women giving it 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Watched this last night and I just can't get my head around exactly what I watched, it was horrific. I thought it was just me for a while but my wife agreed.

It is on Sky Cinema Premiere movies now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Same as one poster, lasted 20ish minutes.

Advertisement