Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alopecia

• 03-10-2020 11:03pm

Alopecia is a thing suffered often by women and rarely talked about.
    I see it every day in women not much older than myself who are thinning on top.
    I suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia. Basically pattern baldness for women. It stated when I was only 14. In my 20s it became too obvious. I had to deal with many "helpful" people, both family and doctors, but it was obvious what it was, and my hair was never, ever coming bsck.
    I dealt with it as I could, but when I found the group Alopecia Ireland it changed how I saw myself completely!

I now don't wear wigs, I have an integrated hair system. I know where to get my "hairdressing," done but it strikes me that a lot of women are suffering their hairloss in silence, fear, and not even aware of the help that is out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mr Sheen

Hi,

could you tell me where you go for your hairdressing?

thanks.

Mr Sheen wrote: »
    Hi,

could you tell me where you go for your hairdressing?

thanks.

Will PM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 di7474

OP would you mind letting me know where you go for your hairdressing?
    I've had thinning hair for 10+ years now.... bloods/thyroid checked and no problems.
    Have tried so many different vitamins, hair shampoo/conditioner solutions and no luck

di7474 wrote: »
    OP would you mind letting me know where you go for your hairdressing?
    I've had thinning hair for 10+ years now.... bloods/thyroid checked and no problems.
    Have tried so many different vitamins, hair shampoo/conditioner solutions and no luck

Sure, I'll send you a PM.
    That's exactly what happened to me, too! It's super frustrating. I never bothered to get an official diagnosis because my case is totally textbook, so I just knew it was androgenetic alopecia. It could be worth getting a biopsy done, I just know I didn't want to go through that myself!

Advertisement