Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving a king bed and duvet from Dublin to Cork

• 13-02-2021 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

A relation in Dublin has a King bed and duvet that they are willing to give to me FOC but I need to transport it myself. I live in East Cork.

Should I hire a van in Cork and travel to Dublin myself, would that count as essential travel?

Or perhaps a courier service would do this, if so any advice which one since it would come in pieces and not in a parcel form?

Comments

Is it urgent? Can it wait?

Doubt anyone would class it as essential travel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

That's entirely up to yourself. I personally would just go and do it and not bother making a thread about it on boards but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

GT89 wrote:
    That's entirely up to yourself. I personally would just go and do it and not bother making a thread about it on boards but that's just me.

I suppose the OP is sounding out opinions on what to do. And it's interesting to get to see what the opinion of other people is. No harm in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭BiggJim

Gunner3629 wrote: »
    A relation in Dublin has a King bed and duvet that they are willing to give to me FOC but I need to transport it myself. I live in East Cork.

Should I hire a van in Cork and travel to Dublin myself, would that count as essential travel?

Or perhaps a courier service would do this, if so any advice which one since it would come in pieces and not in a parcel form?

Is it essential that you get it right now? You couldn't wait until after lockdown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Not essential travel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭BiggJim

Not essential travel.

Is it really any wonder the numbers aren't coming down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

BiggJim wrote: »
    Is it really any wonder the numbers aren't coming down.

Because the virus knows what's essential travel and what is not

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...Should I hire a van in Cork and travel to Dublin myself..
    Unless it a particularly expensive bed, would it make financial sense to take a day off work, hire a van, pay for diesel etc. It may be simply cheaper and less hassle to buy a bed in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

I've used anyvan before you'll get a few quotes might help you decide.

GT89 wrote: »

Do you really not the fairly basic and straight forward reasoning behind essential travel only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Ahh sure what difference could one trip make. Need that mattress asap, other one has typhoid on it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

GT89 wrote: »

Please cut these types of comments down or further action will be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

monument wrote: »
    Please cut these types of comments down or further action will be taken.

Get a lad on anyvan to do it for you. Won't be cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Sleep on it , and decide in the morning.

Advertisement