Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 24 Captains thread

• 08-02-2021 11:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Want to get in early to include TC options.
    May be overlooked like last time.

Gun Duggan or DCL for me.

GW 24 Captains poll 164 votes

Vardy(LIV)
    54% 90 votes
    Salah(lei)
    0% 1 vote
    Gun Duggan(TOT/eve)
    0% 1 vote
    Gun Duggan(TOT/eve) - TC
    21% 35 votes
    Sterling(TOT/eve)
    1% 2 votes
    Sterling(TOT/eve) - TC
    8% 14 votes
    Cancelo(TOT/eve)
    0% 0 votes
    Cancelo(TOT/eve) - TC
    2% 4 votes
    Fernandes(wba)
    0% 0 votes
    Bamford(ARS)
    4% 8 votes
    DCL(FUL/MCI)
    0% 1 vote
    DCL(FUL/MCI) - TC
    3% 6 votes
    Antonio(SHU)
    0% 1 vote
    Werner(NEW)
    0% 1 vote
    Other - mention in thread.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm tempted by Bruno even though they only have one game. Man United have been so impressive away from home this season and against wba there's bound to be goals shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is defo not a TC week IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Sterling normal captain, I dont have Gundog

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Not sure why Dias isn't listed, he's a better option than Cancelo I think. Cancelo due a rest one of the games

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Not sure why Dias isn't listed, he's a better option than Cancelo I think. Cancelo due a rest one of the games

Also don't know why Pope isn't listed. A great option this GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Also don't know why Pope isn't listed. A great option this GW.

Agree, it's not my nature to cap a gk/def but can see the merit in it. Will probably go for Gundo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Tough one. Either one of DCL, Gundo or Sterling. Hard to know how many minutes Sterling or Gundo will get.

Out of interest is anyone here not just in the ‘yeah I can see the merits of Pope this week’ and actually captaining him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Pope TC anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

CSF wrote: »
    Out of interest is anyone here not just in the ‘yeah I can see the merits of Pope this week’ and actually captaining him?

Probably due to a lack of faith :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »

I'll be having a good think about it. Captain blanks last 2 weeks have halted my good run. Need to hit one this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

With Sterling and Gundog both starting today, it's putting me off them. Especially given their fixtures aren't the easiest. Think I'll go DCL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Might just stick it on Bruno altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Split between the safe choice Gundogan and a bit of a gamble choice Pope. Have a bit of ground to make up in my mini league so tempted by Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Decordova Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I think I am going to triple captain Sterling. I'm treading water around 380k and need a boost, TC Kane in GW26 is the obvious option but I'm looking for something outside the box.

Its two reasonably tough fixtures on paper, but that reduces the risk of rotation imo. Saturday/Wednesday is a decent rest there also.

Spurs and Everton just proved the other night that they can be frail defensively.

You're also never likely to catch a team in form as good as City currently are.

Somebody tell me I'm not going crazy??

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I think I am going to triple captain Sterling. I'm treading water around 380k and need a boost, TC Kane in GW26 is the obvious option but I'm looking for something outside the box.

Its two reasonably tough fixtures on paper, but that reduces the risk of rotation imo. Saturday/Wednesday is a decent rest there also.

Spurs and Everton just proved the other night that they can be frail defensively.

You're also never likely to catch a team in form as good as City currently are.

Somebody tell me I'm not going crazy??

https://twitter.com/roneildinho/status/1360206642852331521?s=19

Good thread on this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

You weren't supposed to encourage me :D

Thanks, he has some excellent threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Have you considered a leeds attacker like raphinha in gameweek 25 for treble captain almost guaranteed to start the 2.
    Might be a bit of a differential

• Advertisement

Haha I'd be on it too if I wasn't already tied to double defence and Gundo! Yeah he's one of the better posters on there. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m giving you all fair warning. After 9 captain fails in a row, the Gun Dog is getting the armband!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Benimar wrote: »
    I’m giving you all fair warning. After 9 captain fails in a row, the Gun Dog is getting the armband!

You're due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Benimar wrote: »

Cheers for the warning, I’ll captain Fernandes so

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Richarlison at the moment. It had been on DCL .might change to gun by the time the deadline roles around ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Usually, but he's talking out of his ar$e there regarding the comparison with captaining Kane in 26. You always only get one extra player from the TC chip. And playing it on a week when it's the popular regular captain doesn't reduce the effectiveness (in relation to your final OR) in the slightest. Amazing how even hardcore players can miss the point of the chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Thinking outside of the box, have given it to Lowton for now. Expecting two CS's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Richarlison

FHFC wrote: »
    Usually, but he's talking out of his ar$e there regarding the comparison with captaining Kane in 26. You always only get one extra player from the TC chip. And playing it on a week when it's the popular regular captain doesn't reduce the effectiveness (in relation to your final OR) in the slightest. Amazing how even hardcore players can miss the point of the chip.

I think he was just talking about how much more of a differential it would be to play it this week though, rather than the actual value of the chip.

Ie. You’ll have 3 more Sterlings than the template team this week, but probably only one more Kane than the template team in 26.

Of course, if you captain Sterling this week and treble captain Kane in 26 you gain more of an advantage on the curve than if you’d TCed Sterling, but I suppose for someone who is way behind in money leagues, you might be more willing to go all in on Sterling this week and hope the popular Kane choice fails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sticking it on bruno. Just too much uncertainty in my dgwers starting their easier first game

Advertisement