Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opel Mokka E

• 11-11-2020 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭

5M55s66.jpg

ZwTBVsr.jpg

Am I mad for really liking the upcoming Mokka E. I know that the current Mokka is terrible, but given that this is effectively a Peugeot 2008 underneath, and they've really invested in EVs now the technology should be good. And IMO (ok maybe not in lime green) this is the best looking of the PSA groups EV range. It looks sleek and agressive without being too big or look like a basking shark feeding (the 208s).

300km plus range, nice interior, price around €33k I guess to €40k top of range.

If only it had a glass roof option

https://www.opel.ie/cars/mokka-models/mokka-e/overview.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not at all. That's a great looking car. I do think the Peugeot 2008 is not the best looking of Peugeots new cars and certainly not as good looking as the 3008 and 5008.
    So yes agree with you this is better looking than the 2008.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

It looks great, I would love one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Patser

So I had contacted Opel for details and received email today

Screenshot-20210114-154708-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20210114-154718-Chrome.jpg

Am I reading that right, €43k before grants for top of range, so around €34k after grants (roughly). I had started thinking of a Tesla Model 3, but the 50k price tag is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Patser wrote: »
    So I had contacted Opel for details and received email today

Screenshot-20210114-154718-Chrome.jpg

Am I reading that right, €43k before grants for top of range, so around €34k after grants (roughly). I had started thinking of a Tesla Model 3, but the 50k price tag is a killer.

€34k-ish after grants? That is some deal then if correct. I can see this selling quite well considering the appetite for Crossovers here.... I might even look at one myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Had a look at new Mokka e this week! Very good interior. 50kWh battery - on sale April.

F0-EA79-C3-AA24-4-B65-9467-1-A32-CA7-A06-B7.jpg
    908-B3-AFE-A7-E8-4-A38-B348-F1-C189542712.jpg
    E1-D42722-031-E-4289-92-E0-8-DB571-E5-F26-F.jpg
    5-E4-ECFD0-D177-4-BF7-92-B8-72-B90-EE39039.jpg
    75-F1-CFC0-E930-4-F9-D-9-F6-A-37-EE62-C38149.jpg
    69598-E4-D-EBAF-49-B9-9789-07275068-BB98.jpg
    66-CEF7-E4-FB5-E-404-F-A1-FA-EB3272-E84233.jpg
    0-ED0-A49-B-8165-41-AB-AE4-F-0655-D937317-F.jpg
    0-C7-E65-B8-35-E3-48-E4-AD44-AA42-B7-F03-E5-A.jpg
    upload my photo on internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

How much will this spec model Mokka e cost in Ireland does anyone know?

41k for top of the line stuffed to the gills model in Germany before 9k rebate from manufacturer and government. Doesn't answer your question but it is an impressive lump of a thing for that sort of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

41k for top of the line stuffed to the gills model in Germany before 9k rebate from manufacturer and government. Doesn't answer your question but it is an impressive lump of a thing for that sort of money.

Thanks Hap,

It does seem a fantastic machine coming in around that price range :)

Just for those interested, a video I made on the Mokka-e.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Size wise, how is it comparable to the id4, e-niro, kona etc?

• Advertisement

Boot smaller (350 L), rear legroom wouldn't be as big and tunnel in the floor due to it being based on a ICE platform.

Seriously impressive sound proofing from the outside world, interior one of the best for the price of it - particularly compared to other EVs but that's again because it's not a ground up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Great review MarkN, I watched it last night and I am very impressed by how it is put together. Definitely will be one to watch and see how well it does on the market but it is joining the likes of the Kona and Soul (among others) in this category. I think the price might just clinch it for a lot of people (if it still comes in at about the €34k for a well specced one) and the range seems about right.

There'll be a hot hatch OPC/VXR version next here.

Hot hatch as in it'll get Halfords treatment of spoilers and stuff but same engine power

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/mokka-x/353997/new-hot-vauxhall-mokka-get-vxr-badge-and-electric-power

the electric motor in the mokka e and other psa cars on same platform is available in a higher power variant but they don't buy it from the supplier at the moment.

Great review Mark, and has me tempted...

But it's crying out for a glass roof option, and think I'd miss the rwd of my i3.

Still it looks so nice..

Would nicely add to it alright, thanks for watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I have to say from looking at the reviews I really like the design on the instrument cluster and the infotainment. I think Opel hit the right balance of usablility. I think they totally blew the Peugeot e-2008 away with the interior

The exterior I'm a little unsure about. I think it looks great in the green, but the long bonnet annoys me. That's a typical characteristic of ICE cars converted to EVs and you just end up with a ton of wasted space in the front

I wouldn't say this is a great car for families, given it seems a bit small in the back and the boot space isn't great. Fine for the school run, but I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about going cross country for a weekend holiday with the kids

It's a bit of a shame in that respect because with a decent sized battery and 100kW charging this is a good car for long distance driving

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

MarkN wrote: »
    Boot smaller (350 L), rear legroom wouldn't be as big and tunnel in the floor due to it being based on a ICE platform.

Seriously impressive sound proofing from the outside world, interior one of the best for the price of it - particularly compared to other EVs but that's again because it's not a ground up.

How does the space compare to Peugeot 2008? The Peugeot looks a bit roomier from the pictures but it's hard to say until you see both

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I was due to take an E2008 last year and lockdown stopped that so I haven't been in one but I did have a diesel 2008. Boot from memory was a bit bigger, the rest though similar - and I'm sure the E2008 also has a tunnel due to it being based on an ICE car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Anyone know when a brochure will be available for this. I know there will only be two specs but would be nice to be able to do a comparison.

• Advertisement

If below is helpful, its copy paste from info I was sent

Windsor Opel (Exit7 M50) Liffey Valley - New Opel Mokka - Launching April ‘2021
    J
    Justin O'Mara
    to me
    14 JanDetails
    Hi Pat,

Many thanks on behalf of all the team here a Windsor Opel for your recent enquiry...

As requested here is the latest information we have on the all new Mokka.
    New Mokka - Launching April ‘2021

Three Trim Levels

SC Standard Features
    Leather Steering Wheel
    7" Touch Screen Display
    Rear View Camera & Rear Parking Sensor

SRI Standard Features
    Half Leather Trim
    Black Roof
    Heated Front Seats
    Tinted Rear Windows

Elite Standard Features
    Leather Interior with massage seat
    10” Touch Screen Display with Navi
    17” Alloys with Bi-Colour

Edit: prices

Opel Mokka (2021) - Autoflotte.de
    Trimline RRP
    SC 1.2i (100PS) S/S €24,295
    SC1.5d (110PS) S/S €26,095
    SRI1.2i (100PS) S/S €25,795
    SRI1.2i (130PS) S/S €27,295
    SRI1.2i (130PS) S/S Auto €29,795
    SRI1.5d (110PS) S/S €27,595
    ELITE1.2i (130PS) S/S €28,795
    ELITE1.2i (130PS) S/S Auto €31,295
    ELITE1.5d (110PS) S/S €29,095
    e-SRI Battery 136PS Auto *€41,595
    e-ELITE Battery 136PS Auto *€43,095*Price on E Mokka before grants are deducted

Cheers for that Pat. Seems to be getting a lot of good reviews all round. Could be a big seller in Ireland.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-mokka-electric/27306607?campaign=3

Finally a clear price - €36k.....

Ok, a lot cheaper than an id3..... but with the Ioniq 5 possibly being around that price, and a whole lot bigger, that suddenly seems steep (by about €3k). It's a lot for an Opel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm seeing <34k on the opel.ie website for the top spec with metallic paint & every option I can see to pick.

Might be in market for a full ev in Jan as my PCP is up with the Niro. @ 6k less than e-Niro I'm definitely interested. Be good to get an idea of size. Anybody know how this compares to Niro?

daheff wrote: »
    I'm seeing <34k on the opel.ie website for the top spec with metallic paint & every option I can see to pick.

Might be in market for a full ev in Jan as my PCP is up with the Niro. @ 6k less than e-Niro I'm definitely interested. Be good to get an idea of size. Anybody know how this compares to Niro?

If you've seen a Peugeot 2008 then that's the size. Probably slightly smaller than the Niro. Battery is a lot smaller though. Think it's about 320km range in Mokka.

It along with all the other Stellantis eCMP cars charges from 10 to 80% in 31 minutes on a high speed charger which mitigates the shorter range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Anyone here have one? What’s the experience overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

Dont have one, but rented one for a week in Italy. Quality was decent. Very tiny interior. Range was OK, but this was in Catania at an average 25 degrees C. Software was OK, but I used Android Auto all the time, Phone had to be plugged in though. Comfy ride but I said it was very small inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Thanks a lot for the reply - I’m also now looking at the eC4 - when compared to the Mokka I think I prefer the Citroen as it just looks a bit more interesting but the Mokka is grand looking all the same especially in black

Decisions decisions 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement