Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orthopaedic consultant Whitfield hospital

• 26-01-2021 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone heard anything about or have any personal experience of the orthopaedic consultants in the Whitfield clinic, Dr Ian Kelly? I have been referred to him so any info would be much appreciated - feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭tbarry31

coathanger wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone heard anything about or have any personal experience of the orthopaedic consultants in the Whitfield clinic, Dr Ian Kelly? I have been referred to him so any info would be much appreciated - feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance!

I was treated by him went to him a few years later with issues payed a small fortune for him to shrug his shoulders to me. I was in agony sitting in front of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Have had a knee done by him over a year ago and everything went very smoothly. Found him to be very honest and forthright in the consultations. He was reluctant to operate until all non surgical options had been exhausted which impressed me.

Obviously when C-19 hit, Whitfield was closed for appointments so I didn't get back to him after my 6 months but I did get a call from him during to summer to enquire how I was doing.

So far so good and I would not have any issue in recommending him. A few of my mates have also been treated by him without issue.

Also found the whole hospital experience in Whitfield to be excellent - though, thankfully, I don't have much experience of hospitals to compare. Staff were great, room was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

scout353 wrote: »
    Have had a knee done by him over a year ago and everything went very smoothly. Found him to be very honest and forthright in the consultations. He was reluctant to operate until all non surgical options had been exhausted which impressed me.

Obviously when C-19 hit, Whitfield was closed for appointments so I didn't get back to him after my 6 months but I did get a call from him during to summer to enquire how I was doing.

So far so good and I would not have any issue in recommending him. A few of my mates have also been treated by him without issue.

Also found the whole hospital experience in Whitfield to be excellent - though, thankfully, I don't have much experience of hospitals to compare. Staff were great, room was fine.

Thank you for that . I was a bit concerned that I would be be rushed down the surgical route, so
    I’m delighted to hear he’s also open to non - surgical intervention.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cocomonkey

Sorry to reopen an old thread I was just wondering how you got on with him after. My mam is getting a knee replacement surgery with him and I was just wondering what experiences people have had with him?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ian Kelly carried out an elderly family member's knee replacement and it went very well but she was warned she had to do the physio afterwards or it wouldn't be a success. She's in her 80's and walks a few miles every day and no pain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cocomonkey

Thanks so much @deisemum. Great to get some feedback. :)

Advertisement