Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toughened glass..

Options
  • 03-02-2021 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Any car friendly recommendations around Dublin..??.just flat side windows..

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

For flat toughened glass panels, the company does not have to be car specific.

When I worked fitting conservatories we often took a template of shaped corners
    and took them to companies like Vistatherm ect.

So any glaziers at all really. Cant help with Dublin based unfortunately.

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

kadman wrote: »
    For flat toughened glass panels, the company does not have to be car specific.

When I worked fitting conservatories we often took a template of shaped corners
    and took them to companies like Vistatherm ect.

So any glaziers at all really. Cant help with Dublin based unfortunately.

K.

Got some before , but the guy said no this time..too timeconsuming he said...

Thats why i said "car friendly"...;)

Got some before , but the guy said no this time..too timeconsuming he said...

Thats why i said "car friendly"...;)

Big mistake on his part then. As in the current climate he should have
    been glad of the work. Typical irish attitude to requests for non conventional
    items.

Others would be glad to jump at the chance of an oddball request, and price accordingly.

When I worked at cad design for both steel and timber, the boss's pricing method for oddball request was, "Give the client a **** off price" as it was known.

If he paid the niche price, happy days, if he didn't, then fek off elsewhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

Any car friendly recommendations around Dublin..??.just flat side windows..

Not sure about car friendly but the below were "oddball college project" friendly !

http://www.carlenglass.ie (Ian or Michael in sales)

[url]Http://www.firstglass.ie[/url] (Ian, one of the MD's, is a car nut)

My old go-to was AC Taylors when they were i Sandwich St but haven't used them since they moved to Eastpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

items.

Others would be glad to jump at the chance of an oddball request, and price accordingly.

When I worked at cad design for both steel and timber, the boss's pricing method for oddball request was, "Give the client a **** off price" as it was known.

If he paid the niche price, happy days, if he didn't, then fek off elsewhere
    :D

Sadly thats still the Irish way of doing things.....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

items.

If he paid the niche price, happy days, if he didn't, then fek off elsewhere:D

"current climate" - what is that exactly ? Glaziers haven't been quiet, and a lot of others, neither.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Current climate, as in lots of workers have unfortunately lost their jobs,
    and anyone willing to support others with offers of work, should be welcomed.

At least with a price considering the time element involved.

The reply to a quote with, ahh its too time consuming is not a professional attitude in my opinion.

But thats just me:)

Advertisement