Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valheim (EA )

Comments

Picked this up on a whim. Let me know if anyone fancies a game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I got it too, will give it a go later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This looks excellent, can see myself getting lost in this.

Its actually good, bit janky and stamina is annoying but enjoyable in coop.

Just killed a huge troll with a oddly hairy arse.

haha i watched that mad robbaz guy kill them earlier he kept setting the hairy bits on fire with flame arrows.

• Advertisement

yeah this is electronic crack cocaine.

I went in blind so only the trailer above was what I seen, others im playing with watched a few streamers so knew a bit about it.

Its a very basic janky game with a crappy stamina mechanic but its oddly fun, you level up kinda sorta and get better **** eventually.

Nothing is sign posted you dropped in, the bosses are metal as ****. Only killed one because we cant find the others, we found one more but finding the item to summon him is not going well. (we are now farming him Deer boss easy to kill eventually)

We have a cool village going tho

For anyone that does like to know a bit about it before diving in unlike dreamers this seems a decent place to start.

Seems to strike a perfect balance between progression, exploration and crafting. None of it feels like a grind which I usually can't standing about crafting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Few questions since i'm bone idle lazy to look myself

Perma death?
    single player and no other player steal your crap or gank you?
    random generated world?
    you build and plan out your world with like Rimworld etc?

KilOit wrote: »
    Few questions since i'm bone idle lazy to look myself

Perma death?
    single player and no other player steal your crap or gank you?
    random generated world?
    you build and plan out your world with like Rimworld etc?

No, yes, yes, yes

• Advertisement

Fighting the Elder and a random troll joins the fight :(

dreamers75 wrote: »

Would your settlement get attacked while you're not there in a persistent world?

Would your settlement get attacked while you're not there in a persistent world?

Game logic stops when noone on the server no AI to wreck your **** but time goes on (not that it matters)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Great little game this, seems to have gotten off to a good start, interesting to see how development pans out.

Game logic stops when noone on the server so no AI to wreck your **** but time goes on (not that it matters)

Game logic stops when noone on the server so no AI to wreck your **** but time goes on (not that it matters)

So it would follow that my boar farm would not continue to grow while I'm away

Im not usually into survival games but this is a gem so far.

So it would follow that my boar farm would not continue to grow while I'm away

Smelting stops, dunno about boars need to start farming them and wolves tho.

Smelting stops, dunno about boars need to start farming them and wolves tho.

Not sure its worth the time and effort yet. I haven't got the tanning thing yet which needs a lot of boar hide. I haven't been finding the boars reliably so decided to try farm them. They cost a lot of mushrooms and strawberries to keep fed. The little pen I've built for them looks great as part of the settlement though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I presume this is like Rust, just without Russian fellas taunting you, while destroying all your stuff?

And I presume its one of those games, that you need to have friends to play with?

I presume this is like Rust, just without Russian fellas taunting you, while destroying all your stuff?

And I presume its one of those games, that you need to have friends to play with?

I'm playing solo but with friends would be great if say.

So ive played more of this and its is a masterpiece in the making.
    Its not just a survival,crafting,building game its an incredible adventure game more than anything else.
    Just take a look at the shenanigans in this vid lol.

The Swamp can fcuk itself.

The game seems to lack depth until you realise pretty much all recipes are locked behind adventuring, we are stuck between wanting better **** and wanting to build a village. As we have a few on the server from US and Eur, when you log in something is either fcuked because they let trolls smash it or something amazing is built :D But it doesnt matter because you dont lose anything.

The portals help immensely but not for moving ores around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Dcully wrote: »
    So ive played more of this and its is a masterpiece in the making.
    Its not just a survival,crafting,building game its an incredible adventure game more than anything else.
    Just take a look at the shenanigans in this vid lol.

How is it single player only do you know? I saw that video earlier but his enjoyment seems heavily weighted towards the fact he was playing in a group and getting up to all sorts of **** with them.

How is it single player only do you know? I saw that video earlier but his enjoyment seems heavily weighted towards the fact he was playing in a group and getting up to all sorts of **** with them.

If anything, I'd say it would be too easy with that many players. The combat and exploration would be easy anyway. Building a settlement would probably be far better as it wouldn't take nearly as long, although I'm not really into building stuff so I'd prefer the extra hands.

81BD1B17C7F6317224F2CBB5E0F84E54E4F968BE

Best to keep trolls on the outside of your wall :pac:

Best to keep trolls on the outside of your wall :pac:

What about this guy :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

What about this guy :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Haven't come across him yet but a friend has. Spooky

Advertisement