Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poland

Options
  • 08-02-2021 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So it looks like I might be moving to Poland.

I currently hold 4 firearms license's here in Ireland for both hunting & target.

Has anyone here any first hand experience in licensing firearms in Poland?
    I’ve got some basic info from google searches but would be great to hear from someone who’s actually done it??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Haven't done it personally, but this may help.

Also if you are a redditor you might reach out to the OP and ask them:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/a4pq77/ama_about_polish_gun_laws/

And this echoes the reddit post pretty much:
    https://bz-academy.com/firearms-weapon-articles/38-firearms-license-laws-in-poland

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

https://www.face.eu/members/

Follow the link

Click on Members

Click Poland on the Map

Download the fact sheet in english ref legalisation, firearms etc etc....

PS the next time we give out about our laws and hunting regs here take a look at what has to be done in many other EU countries just to get out for a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Swings and roundabouts both systems
    OTOH, once you have done it tho, and unless you really do something utterly stupid, you have it pretty much for life you are not subject to arbitrary whims on refusal/grants or "idontlikedelookodatnow!" or grey legislation. It's either legal and doable or illegal and not doable...End of! Or waiting months for a refusal/grant notification. Go into a gunshop, buy what you want,walk out the door, and do the paperwork within 12 working days by the firearms dept in your local council offices...
    The annoying most sports shooters find over East, is being at the arbitrary whim of the Club captain/Cheif range officer to sign you off as being competent.
    Could you imagine some of our Fudds having THAT sort of power going to their heads?:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

OP
    If you are on Facebook, Firearms United Poland will also be of help http://www.firearms-united.com/
    poland@firearms-united.com .

As they are a legislative consulting group in the Polish parliment,they will be able to help out as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Abuttz

Hi how's things. Just seen your post about moving to Poland.
    I'm in a similar situation myself. Myself and my partner are going building a house on land she has there.
    Just wondering are you building also or whats your plans.
    Its a big change anyway ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement