Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Wrestlemania 37- April 10th and 11th (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Stadium looks packed for the super bowl if the WWE can do anything like that for mania it should look good at least

Isn't there a load of cardboard cut outs taking up some seats. WWE will prob do similar hardly have rows of TV screens with the Thunderdome fans ?

Super bowl is corny as **** and you see how crazy americans are

Stadium looks packed for the super bowl if the WWE can do anything like that for mania it should look good at least

There's 25,000 in attendance and 30,000 cardboard cutouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Loughc wrote: »
    Please tell me you’re joking.

He's (Bad Bunny) set record merch sales for WWE. Funnily enough not so long ago there were people who, when questioned to prove if Bray Wyatt has ever been a difference making star, would always bring up that he was the top merch seller for like a month.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't get Bad Bunny at all and had never heard of him prior to the Rumble - but he does seem to be a massive deal in the US. We've had all sorts of celebrities over the years appear at Mania tbf.

Anyone remember Snooki :pac:

If it gets people to tune in there it does make a lot of sense - his crossbody wasn't *that* bad at the Rumble tbf :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necro wrote: »
    I don't get Bad Bunny at all and had never heard of him prior to the Rumble - but he does seem to be a massive deal in the US. We've had all sorts of celebrities over the years appear at Mania tbf.

Anyone remember Snooki :pac:

If it gets people to tune in there it does make a lot of sense - his crossbody wasn't *that* bad at the Rumble tbf :P

This sums up how I would feel about Monsieur Bunny, thought being off in the arsehole of nowhere in Asia was why I'd never heard of him but glad to hear I am not alone on that front.

top article in a "Bad bunny" google search for me was simply entitled "How did Bad Bunny become the world's biggest pop star?" and includes the opening line
    The superb Puerto Rican vocalist is now the most streamed artist on Spotify globally, but has never had a UK hit –

Apparently this is the most played song online atm with over 3m more plays than the 2nd most played :o

...meh, not terrible... at least I like Booker T :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'll take the credit for that ha

I do like that Edge is going around considering his options

How do you mean? Did I Miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This sums up how I would feel about Monsieur Bunny, thought being off in the arsehole of nowhere in Asia was why I'd never heard of him but glad to hear I am not alone on that front.

top article in a "Bad bunny" google search for me was simply entitled "How did Bad Bunny become the world's biggest pop star?" and includes the opening line

Apparently this is the most played song online atm with over 3m more plays than the 2nd most played :o

...meh, not terrible... at least I like Booker T :pac:

So is Bad Bunny the one doing the singing or the DJ/producer? I can never tell these days.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    How do you mean? Did I Miss something?

I was saying it would be some laugh if Edge picked The NXT title and then a couple of mins later it was announced he would be on that weeks NXT episode

TBH think he will choose Roman Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was saying it would be some laugh if Edge picked The NXT title and then a couple of mins later it was announced he would be on that weeks NXT episode

TBH think he will choose Roman Reigns

Ah gotcha. TBH, I wouldn't be against Edge being in NXT for a while. Can't see it happening though, its far too high in intensity and impact there for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see Edge become 3 belts, win them all

• Advertisement

talk of
    Shane Mcmahon vs Braun Strowman

jesus christ bringing
    shane
    back for that high spot once again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

talk of
    Shane Mcmahon vs Braun Strowman

jesus christ bringing Shane back for that high spot once again

Why would you spoiler something only to name them in the next sentence!?

Why would you spoiler something only to name them in the next sentence!?

My bad

Tbh it's not much anyway

Rumble winner Edge vs Roman Reigns for the universal title confirmed

As the thread has spoilers in the title is tags needed still?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So if this is a 2 night event, how will tickets work? Choose a day or all tickets are for both nights? Would be pretty crap if you can only buy for 1 day and you don't know what day the match you most want to see is on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So if this is a 2 night event, how will tickets work? Choose a day or all tickets are for both nights? Would be pretty crap if you can only buy for 1 day and you don't know what day the match you most want to see is on

From what I read you have to buy a ticket for each night. That way there hoping more fans can get tickets and not the same crowd both nights but it’ll most likely will be same crowd both nights anyway.

No surprise Bianca chose to face Sasha for her title

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No surprise Bianca chose to face Sasha for her title

It means Charlotte is beating Asuka, yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It means Charlotte is beating Asuka, yawn

I have faith Asuka will get her moment at Mania. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm struggling to muster any enthusiasm for it this year. I only watched one night of last year's. The limited crowd may make it a bit better but while I'd be mildly curious to see Sasha and Bianca as they could put on a show, I'm not grabbed by any of the rest of the likely matches.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say they will have Sasha turn on Bianca after WM when she drops the title

A NXT title fatal four way with UE and Finn could be good if given a WM slot

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Read there now that Vince is ready to rip up the card and start again he want it to be bigger and have a bigger buzz going into it.

I know it's been a long time but remember when the WWE could plan a program months in advance and build to PPV pay off.

Some of you younger fans might not remember that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Read there now that Vince is ready to rip up the card and start again he want it to be bigger and have a bigger buzz going into it.

Oh god that sounds like Goldberg incoming :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh god that sounds like Goldberg incoming :(

And Lesnar to take the title again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Read there now that Vince is ready to rip up the card and start again he want it to be bigger and have a bigger buzz going into it..

You don't get buzz from last minute things, barring maybe McGregor coming in I don't think there's anything that could actually create a "buzz" and even then not what it would have been 3/4 years ago

Organic stuff like Ronda vs Becky having months of anticipation is buzz, 3 weeks ain't gonna do jack

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You don't get buzz from last minute things, barring maybe McGregor coming in I don't think there's anything that could actually create a "buzz" and even then not what it would have been 3/4 years ago

Organic stuff like Ronda vs Becky having months of anticipation is buzz, 3 weeks ain't gonna do jack

I think another problem is dumping Fastlane in 3 weeks before Mania. Back in the day there used to be 5, 6 weeks of build to Mania after No Way Out.

Like as an eg Rock VS Hogan was all done in between No Way Out and Mania - the initial showdown and build all condensed but it didn't feel that way at the time.

Another song by the Weeknd for mania it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Necro wrote: »
    I think another problem is dumping Fastlane in 3 weeks before Mania. Back in the day there used to be 5, 6 weeks of build to Mania after No Way Out.

Like as an eg Rock VS Hogan was all done in between No Way Out and Mania - the initial showdown and build all condensed but it didn't feel that way at the time.

Thats true as well, the over saturation is mental these days

Rock v Hogan was a ‘dream’ match so a short build worked there, I’m struggling to think of a ‘dream’ match among todays guys we’d actually be truly excited to see

Advertisement