Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outgoing International Post delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Can everyone simply understand that international mail and parcels go by air and with the majority of flights simply not happening, you will have delays.

It really is as simple as that.

Not the fault of an post, not the fault of Mexico post, not the fault of DHL post, not the fault of Australia post.

Unless you live under a rock, we have a WORLDWIDE pandemic and it is affecting the world.

Accept it or use FedEx / ups who have their own cargo aircraft and will charge you handsomely for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Don’t know where to put this but looking for advice.

Santa got my daughter an iPhone X and we had an issue with it. It’s under warranty from the website we bought it (was refurbished previously) they sent us a Dhl return label that we take to the post office and it’ll be delivered by DHL back to the supplier who is in Germany.
    I returned it in local post office on January 08th. It’s now 12 full days and tracking still says ‘received at post office’.

I understand they’re under pressure at the moment but I used live chat and a few days later I called. Both times they said it will be in the Dublin depot but just has not been scanned yet. It’ll eventually be scanned and then start to move.
    She then said the post offices are cleared out every night and when they stuff arrives at the depot the lads just pile it on to the existing stuff. So my item must be near the bottom and each night more stuff piles onto it because they’re not clearing the depot each night!!!

They can’t tell me even an estimate as to when it’ll be scanned, that I’ll just have to wait but I can fill out an online enquiry which because it’s an international package can take 60 days to be investigated.

I’m lost as to what to do. I’ve tweeted them private messages. 6 now and no reply.

What’s my options here?

My daughter keeps asking when Santa will bring back her iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Sent some expensive trainers using a DHL return label to the UK via a An Post / DHL label back in early November.

Local Post Office said they couldn't scan the label but still took it. Might as well as brought it outside and put it in the bin.

An Post blaming DHL and vice versa. Still no update... small claims court me thinks but who to claim against?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Too late now, but I wouldn't have left without a scan, or at the very least a receipt. You have no proof of anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Anyone here still waiting for parcels to Europe from Christmas to be delivered? Sent 2 on the 7th of Dec to Germany and no sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Anyone here still waiting for parcels to Europe from Christmas to be delivered? Sent 2 on the 7th of Dec to Germany and no sign

Me! Me! Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 skipjack1

Sorry for the rant but I sent two parcels registered post to France and Italy before Christmas

Both ebay sales one for a decent amount of money.

Both parcels stopped tracking around Dec 21 and I am facing having to refund the buyers

Rang an post multiple times and was told about the backlog they said they were in airports in France and Italy waiting to be sorted.

Contacted French and Italian post and both said no backlog and never received the parcels.

Started investigation with an post but nothing happens.

Wondering where are all these parcels. They all go to the UK first apparently

I reckon they are sitting forgotten somewhere in Heathrow and no one gives a monkeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Same, sent a parcel on the 10th of December ot Germany.. Scanned leaving Ireland on the 15th and nothing since..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Not Europe, but I sent a parcel to Australia on the 4th December. It tracked as departing the UK on the 10th December. No updates on the tracker until the 13 January when it finally made it to Australia and was delivered the following day.

So don't give up hope; it will eventually reach it's destination

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

skipjack1 wrote: »
    Sorry for the rant but I sent two parcels registered post to France and Italy before Christmas

Both ebay sales one for a decent amount of money.

Both parcels stopped tracking around Dec 21 and I am facing having to refund the buyers

Rang an post multiple times and was told about the backlog they said they were in airports in France and Italy waiting to be sorted.

Contacted French and Italian post and both said no backlog and never received the parcels.

Started investigation with an post but nothing happens.

Wondering where are all these parcels. They all go to the UK first apparently

I reckon they are sitting forgotten somewhere in Heathrow and no one gives a monkeys!

Same here, sent to Italy in late Nov / Dec, no sign... €475 down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

In fairness to AP for once they seemed to shift the parcels out of ireland quick, its the other carriers with delays for a change. I sent something to Germany around the 19th and it was delivered on Thursday gone, there seems to be woefull delays there

Anyone sending parcels abroad should use DPD or GLS parcel shops.

They use road and sea and no delay

Near Europe is 3-4 days, Italy 7 days, Poland, Slovakia, Czech 4-5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Darc19 wrote: »
    Anyone sending parcels abroad should use DPD or GLS parcel shops.

They use road and sea and no delay

Near Europe is 3-4 days, Italy 7 days, Poland, Slovakia, Czech 4-5 days.

I use UPS for posting abroad. I find them the best value in most cases. DPD can sometimes be cheaper but GLS never are. There's no extra charge for collections either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

My parents and my brother sent my Christmas gifts to me in Germany (I didn't go home this year) on December 7th. Most recent update is the 10th December. One is in Portlaoise, one in London Heathrow.

Neither have arrived yet, and An Post on Twitter have been the exact opposite of helpful trying to recover them or send them on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I sold a phone on ebay and posted it with tracking on 8th Jan.
    Its still stuck in Dublin Mail Centre.
    I posted a return to Reebok on the same date. It left, went to the UK, onto Germany and has been delivered.
    I have bought small packages from China since the 8th Jan which have been delivered.

Buyer filed a non receipt of item and got a refund.
    An post cant retrieve my parcel without a Garda warrant.

Nightmare.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Being a phone they may have stopped it for the battery. An Post won't take them usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

whiterebel wrote: »
    Being a phone they may have stopped it for the battery. An Post won't take them usually.

It's listed as electronic goods. But customer service said anything up to 20 working days delay at the moment before it leaves ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

brightkane wrote: »
    I posted a return to Reebok on the same date. It left, went to the UK, onto Germany and has been delivered.
    I have bought small packages from China since the 8th Jan which have been delivered.

Nightmare.

I posted a parcel, tracking to the US 31st December. It was processed 'through Dublin facility' on the 5th Jan. Arrived NY facility 22nd Jan, and now is at the local post office as of today for delivery. So very very slow. This is a replacement item for a previous one I posted end of November without tracking.
    Also posted a parcel to Belgium 12th December, it arrived today. I run an Etsy shop, but have closed it for now as post is just too slow and unreliable from Ireland.

Still waiting for 2 parcels to Germany sent first week in December to arrive.

Nightmare.
    Phones with batteries are prohibited items to send by post (here and most countries)

I suspect that's the problem.

Or Brexit and a false declaration on the cn22 form

I'm surprised the post office accepted it unless you didn't say it was a phone and therefore made a false goods declaration.

You can send phones via DPD or GLS and they'll be fully tracked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I received a parcel from Germany today. Ordered on the 19th of this month, despatched on the 20th. Delivered by An Post at 8:30am (26th).
    However there are 2 other parcels outstanding that were posted from Germany before Christmas.
    Looks like current mailings are moving again, but we'll still have to wait for them to deal with the backlog.

Same here, shall we have a race?

THEY ARRIVED!

My parents and my brother sent my Christmas gifts to me in Germany (I didn't go home this year) on December 7th. Most recent update is the 10th December. One is in Portlaoise, one in London Heathrow.

Neither have arrived yet, and An Post on Twitter have been the exact opposite of helpful trying to recover them or send them on their way.

ONE HAS ARRIVED!

The secondis still in Dublin but hopefully it'll be on its way soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Sent a tracked letter to Mexico on January 6, sorted in Athlone on the 7th. Hadn’t budged since :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Curlybap2012!

Hi, I posted a birthday present to my brother in Turkey on 13th January. The last update was the 14th January saying it has left Portlaois Mail Centre. Nothing after that. I have checked on the international carriers website and it isn’t showing on that at all so does that mean it is still in Ireland and hasn’t left nearly 4 weeks later. I understand there is delays but the lady in the post office actually said the delays are easing now and it should take 7-10 days. It was a real personal present and I’d hate to think it’s lost

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Two small parcels posted 15 Dec - one to Latvia, one to Poland. Tracker shows nothing after leaving Ireland the following day. Have not absolutely given up hope, hearing about the German ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Same, sent a parcel on the 10th of December ot Germany.. Scanned leaving Ireland on the 15th and nothing since..

Arrived last tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Nightmare.

There's an option to set Dispatch time time on eBay listings - I had to change mine to the maximum of 30 Business Days. This way eBay won't/shouldn't let a buyer open an 'item not received case' too soon.

I almost had to give a €330 refund for an item I sold taking 6 weeks to get to The Netherlands :( Thank feck the buyer was incredibly patient and understanding, but I've had a couple of see-yous demand a refund probably in the know they'd get BOTH the refund and the item. Track and insure anything and everything of value!

Oh - I submitted an online missing post claim and got a letter back IN THE POST to say they were going to investigate :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Pair of football socks took from the 10th of December to the end of January to reach Cologne from Ireland.

It is what it's.

Advertisement