Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 20071061

Arrived with the postman this morning. Ordered Sunday night.
    Currently I am on a One Plus Nord and wanted this as a backup.

Great piece of kit, almost as good as the OPN but at a fifth of the price.
    Can confirm unlocked and with NFC. Camera very good
    A skin case also included, Very handy that you don't have to buy credit upfront.

Happy out.
    Did you buy from Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Hmmmmm...... 2 users...... One comment...... I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hmmmmm...... 2 users...... One comment...... I wonder...

That was sloppy quote attempt :)@20071061 wants to know if @Setanter bought from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

grogi wrote: »
    That was sloppy quote attempt :)@20071061 wants to know if @Setanter bought from Vodafone.

Awww I see it now

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

My order was cancelled twice. No email or any notification both times. Went onto their live chat and after 20 mins they couldn't help at all or provide any reason and I was told to ring the helpline which I assume is pointless since I wont be able to order it over the phone. Have to say their whole website is shockingly slow and buggy and cancelling orders without informing customers is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got mine on Tuesday.

I ran Miui Debloater straight away. I'm a bit pissed that Facebook and it's services are integrated into the operating system, I do not use any of it's services... willingly. I have dismissed all privileges.

Before I switch from my Huawei P10, there are a few things I can't figure out.
    On the P10, I can switch between apps with a swipe of the thumb pad, I can't seem to figure out how to do that on the Redmi... any pointers? I need this feature.
    I can't seem to make the time and weather app larger on the screen... well not noticeably to me anyway. I bought this phone as I need a bigger screen as my youthful charm is maturing... my eyesight is not as good as it used to be :)

Other than that, It's a good phone, the misses has a Note 5, she may still get the Note 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

20071061 wrote: »
    Arrived with the postman this morning. Ordered Sunday night.
    Currently I am on a One Plus Nord and wanted this as a backup.

Great piece of kit, almost as good as the OPN but at a fifth of the price.
    Can confirm unlocked and with NFC. Camera very good
    A skin case also included, Very handy that you don't have to buy credit upfront.

Happy out.
    Did you buy from Vodafone

Yes, Vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got mine on Tuesday.

I ran Miui Debloater straight away. I'm a bit pissed that Facebook and it's services are integrated into the operating system, I do not use any of it's services... willingly. I have dismissed all privileges.

Before I switch from my Huawei P10, there are a few things I can't figure out.
    On the P10, I can switch between apps with a swipe of the thumb pad, I can't seem to figure out how to do that on the Redmi... any pointers? I need this feature.

I can't seem to make the time and weather app larger on the screen... well not noticeably to me anyway. I bought this phone as I need a bigger screen as my youthful charm is maturing... my eyesight is not as good as it used to be :)

Other than that, It's a good phone, the misses has a Note 5, she may still get the Note 9.

Have you tried full screen gestures?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/h06bbh/miui_12_navigation_gestures/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

GBX wrote: »

I tried Poco launcher as recommended in that thread, its solved the main problem I had with flicking between open apps.

Thanks for the headsup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Mine dispatched and is with An Post - I got a free sim from 48, didn't pay for any plan and stuck it in an old phone, used that 48 number to 'port' to Vodafone and get 100 off, they texted the old phone a confirmation code and dispatched it the next day, thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Is this unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Is this unlocked?

Yes. Unlocked, dual SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Vodafone's checkout is the buggiest and sh1ttiest I've seen in over 20 years e-commerce involvement.
    I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Recommendation for best SD card and what size storage to buy?
    it can go to 512GB is it worth to spurge?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

Recommendation for best SD card and what size storage to buy?
    it can go to 512GB is it worth to spurge?

We are not mind readers - we do not know what you plan to store on your phone, which would dictate the size (or indeed, if any) extra storage is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Am in the process of buying from Vodafone site, the 20 euro top up is added to basket, any way to avoid this??
    Edit: as someone previously stated, reverts back to 99 euro after going through checkout process, hopefully will arrive as using a 48 sim for this which is still active but not used.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

glog wrote: »
    We are not mind readers - we do not know what you plan to store on your phone, which would dictate the size (or indeed, if any) extra storage is required.

Ok sorry should be clearer.
    Will go max 512GB for pics videos and docs etc.
    Best brand to buy from for reliability no gltiches?
    Upper end San Disk €150 to lowest i could find on mymemory.ie Samsung Evo €75.
    TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Vodafone's checkout is the buggiest and sh1ttiest I've seen in over 20 years e-commerce involvement.
    I give up.

Really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psawyer

Hi all,
    I used a Lyca mobile sim to order this yesterday and it was dispatched this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 gfaces

Does the Xiaomi redmi Note 9 vodafone are selling come with NFC? It seems from xiaomi website availability can vary between markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭GBX

gfaces wrote: »
    Does the Xiaomi redmi Note 9 vodafone are selling come with NFC? It seems from xiaomi website availability can vary between markets.

Yes. I got one from Vodafone and it does.

Brilliant was a bit worried. Have ordered from voda so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tandcapply

gfaces wrote: »
    Brilliant was a bit worried. Have ordered from voda so fingers crossed
    I've tried to order a few days ago (3rd time) but can't log on to vodafone.ie on either the app or the website to see if it got cancelled (again) or not.
    Anyone able to log on to their app or website?

tandcapply wrote: »
    I've tried to order a few days ago (3rd time) but can't log on to vodafone.ie on either the app or the website to see if it got cancelled (again) or not.
    Anyone able to log on to their app or website?

Yes I was able to log on to the website. Had to register and they sent me a security token. Had to resend the security token multiple times as when it finally arrived it had expired. Terrible website for sure.

On a brighter note the redmi note 9 arrived this morning. Seems like a nice phone and can confirm NFC is included. Currently looking into xiaomi debloater.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I bought the Note 9 from Vodafone after checking it had NFC. I got round to setting it up for Google Pay with no issues. However it was declined in store and further checking reveals this phone is not approved for Google Pay. I'll dig into it some more but just a heads-up for anyone else hoping to use it for NFC payments.

Instructions for how to check your phones Play Protect certification status:
    Open the Google Play Store app.
    Tap Menu Menu then Settings.
    Under "Play Protect certification," you'll find if your device is Play Protect certified.

Daibheid wrote: »
    I bought the Note 9 from Vodafone after checking it had NFC. I got round to setting it up for Google Pay with no issues. However it was declined in store and further checking reveals this phone is not approved for Google Pay. I'll dig into it some more but just a heads-up for anyone else hoping to use it for NFC payments.

Under "Play Protect certification," you'll find if your device is Play Protect certified.

Thats interesting. I actually got this phone for my son. We havent tried to use it to pay for anything. However I just checked the phones certification status on google play and the phone we got is Play Protect certified (at this point in time). I did remove alot of Xiaomi bloatware on arrival not sure if that made a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's it hard to remove the bloat...

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

Daibheid wrote: »

Mine was working with pay up until the last fortnight, something must of updated that upset NFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Asus1 wrote: »
    Mine was working with pay up until the last fortnight, something must of updated that upset NFC

I noticed after a recent slew of updates that the phone is slow. Even moving the camera shows a delay in the onscreen image. So maybe it just needs a new up date. I'm on MIUI Global 12.0.2

I've emailed Xiaomi Ireland about it.

Advertisement