Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Rumble 2021 *Spoilers*

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If you think that Adam Cole is the reason why NXT isnt performing well in the ratings, you're mistaken.

And pointing to Goldberg and Ziggler as the best thing Ziggler has done , its a low bar. (By the way his feud with Otis was better... a low bar though)

But if you wanna see more of the mid 50s Goldberg, power to ya. Its all subjective and Im glad someone enjoyed his matches. Youre one of the very few.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If you think that Adam Cole is the reason why NXT isnt performing well in the ratings, you're mistaken.

And pointing to Goldberg and Ziggler as the best thing Ziggler has done , its a low bar. (By the way his feud with Otis was better... a low bar though)

But if you wanna see more of the mid 50s Goldberg, power to ya. Its all subjective and Im glad someone enjoyed his matches. Youre one of the very few.

Agreed, still think ziggler doing the black Knight impression was fantastic.

I enjoyed something different, would I want every match like that? Not even remotely, but it has its place, and unfortunately lads like Keith lee and damien priest insist on doing cruiserweight stuff, it's why I'd love to see Walter on the main roster.

Adam cole is good, I cannot stress this enough, I've been watching his stuff since czw, but anybody who thinks that he should smash up goldberg in his debut is clearly playing too much ewr.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No one said he should smash up Goldberg, they said a better use of Goldberg would be to put someone new like Cole over.

I personally believe Goldberg not wrestling is a better use if him. But if WWE insist on using Godlberg it should be to put someone over. Clean and definitively.

A small man vs Big man match is pure pro wrestling story telling. Told the right way, a prime big lad could easily battle a smaller lad as talented as Cole and make it work with the smaller lad going over.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    A small man vs Big man match is pure pro wrestling story telling. Told the right way, a prime big lad could easily battle a smaller lad as talented as Cole and make it work with the smaller lad going over.

Yeah, agree - though Goldberg is not a prime big lad so I'd just prefer he went away like you said, or if he absolutely has to be there let him smash up the old guys like say, Cena - or Triple H, etc. Away from the top of the card anyways.

Given the... format of Big Bill's matches I can't see anyone pulling a classic performance out of him - never could really, it was never what he was about to be fair to him.

Now an interested Brock on the other hand - that could be much more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I wouldn't even have Adam Cole in the ring against Rhea Ripley.

He's the size of an average Junior Cert student.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't even have Adam Cole in the ring against Rhea Ripley.

He's the size of an average Junior Cert student.

What?
    Sure he's 6 feet tall

https://m.imgur.com/r/wrasslin/JNhekll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

TNA had it right with their legends title!

WWE have about 468 championships as it is, one more for the older boys wouldn't harm.

Have them show up for big shows 3-4 times a year and defend it. All the dream matches you could have and not sacrifice a younger star.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was the speculation around the 24/7 title at one stage that it was a Legends title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Haha Cole is pretty short alright, met him in Korakuen Hall as he was getting warmed up for his entrance and I towered over him. Half the Japanese fans thought I was a random wrestler too cos of my wild look so it was pretty funny.

Sirsok wrote: »
    TNA had it right with their legends title!

WWE have about 468 championships as it is, one more for the older boys wouldn't harm.

Have them show up for big shows 3-4 times a year and defend it. All the dream matches you could have and not sacrifice a younger star.

If the Saudi shows were a goer, it'd be perfect for them, half the audience don't care, the other half are so happy for live wrestling they'll cheer anything, perfect for the old lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Half the Japanese fans thought I was a random wrestler too cos of my wild look so it was pretty funny.

Ever thought about lacing them up? What’s wild about your look, intrigued now!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ever thought about lacing them up? What’s wild about your look, intrigued now!

I have a crazy hairstyle and dress kinda punk all the time. I have considered it but very out of shape. There's a school or two here in Seattle now so might give it a crack once things are back to normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Haha Cole is pretty short alright, met him in Korakuen Hall as he was getting warmed up for his entrance and I towered over him. Half the Japanese fans thought I was a random wrestler too cos of my wild look so it was pretty funny.

How tall are you?

How tall are you?

6' 2 but have Wayne static style hair so technically can be anywhere up to 6' 7 depending how long I have it :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

6' 2

"Billed at 6' 6"

Advertisement