Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes Stores Vouchers No More?

• 04-02-2021 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Just back from a ship in Dunnes where I spent over 50 euro and used an existing 10euro voucher. I noticed that I didn't get 10 euro off 50 spend for my recent shop.

Are the vouchers gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just back from a ship in Dunnes where I spent over 50 euro and used an existing 10euro voucher. I noticed that I didn't get 10 euro off 50 spend for my recent shop.

Are the vouchers gone?

Did the €50 spend include alcohol?

https://www.dunnesstores.com/content/valueclub-promotions

"Offer excludes Restaurants/Coffee Shops, clothing, homeware, tobacco products, medicines, lottery products, first stage infant milk formula, checkout bags, gift vouchers, gift cards, saving stamps, mobile top-up and from 11th January 2021 alcohol items."

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

john4321 wrote: »
    Did the €50 spend include alcohol?

https://www.dunnesstores.com/content/valueclub-promotions

"Offer excludes Restaurants/Coffee Shops, clothing, homeware, tobacco products, medicines, lottery products, first stage infant milk formula, checkout bags, gift vouchers, gift cards, saving stamps, mobile top-up and from 11th January 2021 alcohol items."

No alcohol, I was able to use the 10 euro voucher I had on what I bought that was just over 50euro. That'wouldn't have been accepted if I had bought a bottle of wine, for example.

I did buy a baking tray but that was located in the Grocery section and never had a problem buying mop heads, etc. and getting a voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I didn’t get one for my last trip either, I didn’t get into a conversation about it at the till but I could hear a couple ahead of me questioning something about vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Been doing Aldi for ages. Any chance of me returning to Dunnes completely gone over this.

I know its government etc but the bottom line remains the same. Aldi never do vouichers, theyre just cheaper all the time so get around this stupid gov rule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Still going. I'd say it would be big news if it stopped. https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/fresh-food/grocery/in-store-offers

• Advertisement

Been doing Aldi for ages. Any chance of me returning to Dunnes completely gone over this.

I know its government etc but the bottom line remains the same. Aldi never do vouichers, theyre just cheaper all the time so get around this stupid gov rule

Same as, Aldi for most shopping. Usually make it a personal competition of mine to get as close to over 50 as possible, buying branded products like ground coffee, laundry detergent, etc.

I didn't get any addition vouchers in the post before Xmas, as I was still a regular shopper there.

I've found that the prices have increased since the pandemic, Dunnes are really taking p*ss with this, but never hear of complaints as they're a "National Institution".

Off to Tesco for me anymore for branded essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I got my usual €25 vouchers yesterday for spending €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

My wife was in the other day and they wouldn't allow her to buy trousers for our 9 month old lad, but all the older kids stuff was available to buy. They have ladies fashion tops hanging from the end of the food aisles for anyone to purchase. Vouchers or not I won't be spending a cent with them ever again, as previous posters stated Aldi have the majority of what we need and Tesco for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Are the vouchers gone?

Nope, got them over the weekend.

Some of your purchases must not have been eligible, and that put you under the €50 limit.

If that was the case, then I would not have been able to use my existing 10 euro off 50 voucher as I spent just over the 50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

If that was the case, then I would not have been able to use my existing 10 euro off 50 voucher as I spent just over the 50 euro.

I've seen it before, that they accept a voucher when they should not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No alcohol, I was able to use the 10 euro voucher I had on what I bought that was just over 50euro. That'wouldn't have been accepted if I had bought a bottle of wine, for example.

I did buy a baking tray but that was located in the Grocery section and never had a problem buying mop heads, etc. and getting a voucher

Baking tray wouldn't count towards the €50

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I got my usual €25 vouchers yesterday for spending €100.
    How did you get a €25 off? I spend over €100 every week and I use two €10 off €50 vouchers, but I never received a €25 off €100 voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

SeamusFX wrote: »
    How did you get a €25 off? I spend over €100 every week and I use two €10 off €50 vouchers, but I never received a €25 off €100 voucher.

Sometimes I get 2 €10 & a €5, the €5 one usually has to be used within a couple of days so I never use that one as I only go to Dunnes once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t know if they’re gone or not, but I find them a total false economy. Dunnes prices are so high that the voucher just negates the jacked up prices, and you’ve to keep going back every week to hold onto the voucher that lets you purchase things at the same price as anywhere else. Great for making people keep returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

screamer wrote: »
    I don’t know if they’re gone or not, but I find them a total false economy. Dunnes prices are so high that the voucher just negates the jacked up prices, and you’ve to keep going back every week to hold onto the voucher that lets you purchase things at the same price as anywhere else. Great for making people keep returning.

Where I do my groceries, Dunnes, Aldi, Lidl and Tesco are all within a 5min walk of each other.
    If you shop wise, you'd notice that there are certain items(milk,real butter,some fruit and veg etc) where the prices are fixed across all these places. Using a €10 off €50 then ain't false economy.

Ps, when Dunnes has all the aveeno stuff on offer plus the vouchers, they do work out at very good value. We go through a load

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

I got two 'generous' €10 vouchers last week having spent €100. However, just two of us here, cupboards, fridge and freezer full to the gizzards now so can't see myself spending €50 next week in order to gain the use of even one €10 voucher. These are probably designed for large families. I'm not happy with the Lidl vouchers as (a) I don't use my mobile for internet so can't get any vouchers and (b) I normally wouldn't spend enough anyway to benefit unless I get a family member to add their groceries on as well, too much hassle for me. Lidl don't seem to be interested in offering vouchers to older people on their own or older couples. Aldi are looking more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SK12

I was told that if the 50e you spend included, some of the non grocery items, like the baking trays, saucepans etc, you would not be eligible to get a new 10e off voucher but would be able to redeem the one you had.

So if I want to get those items now I just use the 5e off mid week and keep the 10e off for the grocery shop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I got two 'generous' €10 vouchers last week having spent €100. However, just two of us here, cupboards, fridge and freezer full to the gizzards now so can't see myself spending €50 next week in order to gain the use of even one €10 voucher. These are probably designed for large families. I'm not happy with the Lidl vouchers as (a) I don't use my mobile for internet so can't get any vouchers and (b) I normally wouldn't spend enough anyway to benefit unless I get a family member to add their groceries on as well, too much hassle for me. Lidl don't seem to be interested in offering vouchers to older people on their own or older couples. Aldi are looking more attractive.

You don't need to spend a certain amount to get money off with the LidlPlus app. You get money off a selection of certain items each week, then a new set the next week. There's a weekly choice between one out of a selection of two free items and some €1 off your spend vouchers. Maybe by spending more you get more than €1 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

You don't need to spend a certain amount to get money off with the LidlPlus app. You get money off a selection of certain items each week, then a new set the next week. There's a weekly choice between one out of a selection of two free items and some €1 off your spend vouchers. Maybe by spending more you get more than €1 off.

Ah, I didn't realise that, thanks for the info. Probably won't bother though as I don't use my phone that much, just WhatsApp-ing my family members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

SK12 wrote: »
    I was told that if the 50e you spend included, some of the non grocery items, like the baking trays, saucepans etc, you would not be eligible to get a new 10e off voucher but would be able to redeem the one you had.

So if I want to get those items now I just use the 5e off mid week and keep the 10e off for the grocery shop
    Voucher does work with none grocery items.
    I bought printer Ink that came to over €50 and handed in a voucher to get €10 off which came off the bill.
    Receipt for the ink included another €10 off a €50 spend.
    This was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

screamer wrote: »

You can kind of about around for different bulk buy necessities which are on offer to bump up your final bill. But you need a lot of storage space.

Advertisement