Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Congratulations and well done!! And there you were getting bothered when you were deciding whether to accept or decline Limerick. All good things come to those who wait!!! Have you got a start date?

I was offered Limerick also for the Taxation panel at the beginning of December but also declined as it wouldn't have been my preferred location. Thankfully, I was in a position to refuse as I reached high in other locations on that panel as well as the Accounting one.

What number were you for Cork in the Accounting panel? I reached 1 for Taxation & 4 for Accounting for Cork but haven't heard anything yet. I wonder what the difference is in the job spec for each panel? Would anyone know.

Best of luck in your new role;)

Monkeylover10 thanks.
    It was Kriordan22 who had the decision whether to take limerick, thankfully not me.
    No start date yet, all documents gone in so waiting game still.
    No clue what the difference job spec is for the diff panels, maybe different areas in Revenue.

I was only on the Accounting panel as even though I had done Taxation as a major subject in my final year of the BBS Accounting degree, Revenue told me I wasn't eligible for the Taxation panel.
    I was 2 on the Accounting panel. You will be either be 1 or 2 for Cork once hopefully all my documents are ok (fingers crossed) & I start.
    But ud expect movement on the Taxation panel soon enough too so hopefully not too long before an offer comes for where you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

3002 wrote: »
    Monkeylover10 thanks.
    It was Kriordan22 who had the decision whether to take limerick, thankfully not me.
    No start date yet, all documents gone in so waiting game still.
    No clue what the difference job spec is for the diff panels, maybe different areas in Revenue.

I was only on the Accounting panel as even though I had done Taxation as a major subject in my final year of the BBS Accounting degree, Revenue told me I wasn't eligible for the Taxation panel.
    I was 2 on the Accounting panel. You will be either be 1 or 2 for Cork once hopefully all my documents are ok (fingers crossed) & I start.
    But ud expect movement on the Taxation panel soon enough too so hopefully not too long before an offer comes for where you want.

Oh apologies!!! :rolleyes:

Yes, maybe there is a difference for different areas, but in Audit & Comliance work??

Hopefully I'll hear soon. At least there is another 9 months left in the panel so theres a good bit of time yet.

Again, best of luck & well done to you. Hope you get your start date soon.

Oh apologies!!! :rolleyes:

Yes, maybe there is a difference for different areas, but in Audit & Comliance work??

Hopefully I'll hear soon. At least there is another 9 months left in the panel so theres a good bit of time yet.

Again, best of luck & well done to you. Hope you get your start date soon.

Best of luck & well done to you too.
    I'll give an update on here when I know more about the work ðŸ‘

Best of luck & well done to you too.
    I'll give an update on here when I know more about the work ðŸ‘

That would be great, thanks 3002 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Got an offer for donegal on accounting panel. In two minds about taking it. Just starting to get a lot more responsibility in my current job and recently got a decent pay bump. Taking AO slot would mean a pay cut.

I think the job would do my career wonders 10 years down the line, one day I hope to open my own practice and I think this would be exactly what I need. But I don't think I can afford the up front financial hit I'd have to take.

The job is right on my doorstep too. Which makes it an even harder decision

Did you decide to take the role? Did you get a start date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Did you decide to take the role? Did you get a start date?

Yes, just decided in the last couple of days that I will take the job. I have only provisionally been offered it. HR are currently working through my references so it will probably be another few days before I get a formal offer (assuming my references don't throw a spanner into the works).

No indication of start dates but I'm contractually obliged to give 8 weeks notice so I hope Revenue have some flexibility there. I work in a group of Nursing Homes and, given the current circumstances, would rather oversee a timely transition than leave them high and dry.

Yes, just decided in the last couple of days that I will take the job. I have only provisionally been offered it. HR are currently working through my references so it will probably be another few days before I get a formal offer (assuming my references don't throw a spanner into the works).

No indication of start dates but I'm contractually obliged to give 8 weeks notice so I hope Revenue have some flexibility there. I work in a group of Nursing Homes and, given the current circumstances, would rather oversee a timely transition than leave them high and dry.

Congratulations, I'm sure you feel relief after making your decision. From what I know they are very accommodating when it comes to start dates etc. Where you on any other panels or just Accounting?
    Best wishes in the role!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Congratulations, I'm sure you feel relief after making your decision. From what I know they are very accommodating when it comes to start dates etc. Where you on any other panels or just Accounting?
    Best wishes in the role!

Thanks. Yeah, for sure. I think I'd have been relieved no matter what decision I had made, for no other reason than to not have it hanging over me. But certainly looking forward to a fresh start. Yeah, I've done a bit of research and asked a few people in the know, I don't think a delayed start date will be an issue thankfully.

I was on the accounting panel only. Best of luck with your own application. Guess you're top of the pile now. Hopefully your number is next on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

Just wondering if anyone has heard if there has been any movement on the Data analytics panel for Cork?

No Blossom11, only movement I've heard for Cork is the Accounting Panel so far. Hopefully some1 else might know something or you will hear something yourself shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

No Blossom11, only movement I've heard for Cork is the Accounting Panel so far. Hopefully some1 else might know something or you will hear something yourself shortly.

Thanks 3002. Fingers crossed. Have you got a start date yet?

No start date, waiting game still. Garda vetting was complete b4 New Years & the Verification Documents were sent in Xmas wk. I've heard nothing since.
    Anyone else who got a prelim offer just b4 Xmas,has anyone got a start date or has started?

I got offered Tipperary yesterday from Taxation panel & accepted. Delighted as was my preferred location ��

I got offered Tipperary yesterday from Taxation panel & accepted. Delighted as was my preferred location ��

Fantastic news monkeylover10, delighted for you. Its great to see movement in the panels after the hard work everyone put in. Best wishes for the new job.

Fantastic news monkeylover10, delighted for you. Its great to see movement in the panels after the hard work everyone put in. Best wishes for the new job.

Thank you. It'll probably be February/March (or later!!!) before I get a start date, when all the verification checks have been made. Looking forward to it & delighted to have it over, it was a long process!!
    Have you heard any update since your offer?

Thank you. It'll probably be February/March (or later!!!) before I get a start date, when all the verification checks have been made. Looking forward to it & delighted to have it over, it was a long process!!
    Have you heard any update since your offer?

I'm thinking the Xmas & New Years leave is a reason why mine might be taking so long. Hopefully yours won't be as long a wait.
    No update since the start of January. Hoping this week I might hear.

Congrats on your offer, you must be delighted! Its well earned after a long wait.

A note to others, have you received any correspondence from panel placing since after Xmas? I have emailed a query but no response yet..

Congrats on your offer, you must be delighted! Its well earned after a long wait.

A note to others, have you received any correspondence from panel placing since after Xmas? I have emailed a query but no response yet..

Not Panel placing but I have emailed Open Assignments & no response either. They prob very busy but hopefully we'll hear back shortly.
    Has anyone who accepted an offer start the AO role yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

When is this panel closed please?

Thanks!!

When is this panel closed please?

Thanks!!

This panel is due to expire on the 28th October 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

This panel is due to expire on the 28th October 2021.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GalwayGirl2020

Hi Folks 🀗Has anyone from the accounting panel started work yet? What does the job entail?thanks in advance

Hi Folks ��Has anyone from the accounting panel started work yet? What does the job entail?thanks in advance

Hi GalwayGirl2020
    I have been offered a position off the Accounting panel but no start date as yet. Waiting on my contract & letter of acceptance to be sent to me, & hopefully ill know the start date then.
    There were people ahead of me on the panel so maybe they might have more info for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MindhackDiva

Hi GalwayGirl2020

Did you get an offer from the accounting stream?

Hi Folks 🀗Has anyone from the accounting panel started work yet? What does the job entail?thanks in advance

Hi GalwayGirl,

The job is very much dependant On what area in Revenue you are placed. They all vary so much.

Hi GalwayGirl2020

Did you get an offer from the accounting stream?

Hi Mindhack Diva

I got an offer with the accounting stream last week but it is in the midlands. I am so very grateful to have got an offer, don't get me wrong but I am sad that it is not within my beloved Galway. I know if I turn down this offer there is big risk I wont get Galway or Limerick (my 2nd choice) even though I am still within the top 5 in the panel for each county. Don't know what to do. Did anyone hear anything from the Galway or Limerick panel for accounting stream? If I do accept the midlands then I believe I am taken off the Galway and Limerick Panel. And apparently one cant transfer within revenue to other locations until they have completed two years of service :(:( I am so confused as to what I should do.

Hi GalwayGirl2020
    I have been offered a position off the Accounting panel but no start date as yet. Waiting on my contract & letter of acceptance to be sent to me, & hopefully ill know the start date then.
    There were people ahead of me on the panel so maybe they might have more info for you.

Congrats delighted for you :):):):):):) Well done. Fair play. What location have you been offered? Wishing you all the very best and more :):):):):)

Hi Mindhack Diva

I got an offer with the accounting stream last week but it is in the midlands. I am so very grateful to have got an offer, don't get me wrong but I am sad that it is not within my beloved Galway. I know if I turn down this offer there is big risk I wont get Galway or Limerick (my 2nd choice) even though I am still within the top 5 in the panel for each county. Don't know what to do. Did anyone hear anything from the Galway or Limerick panel for accounting stream? If I do accept the midlands then I believe I am taken off the Galway and Limerick Panel. And apparently one cant transfer within revenue to other locations until they have completed two years of service :(:( I am so confused as to what I should do.

Hi there,
    Congrats on the offer, I feel for your decision however. You're correct when you say you aren't eligible for transfer (mobility) until you have 2 years done in your role/location. There is no guarantee that you would get moved immediately as you are on a list essentially so if others are in the list looking for Galway aswell it depends on what number you are, there is then a sequence of appointments ie 1 from open panel 1 from mobility (I'm not sure of the sequencing for AO roles).
    It depends alot on your life circumstances and what a role in the Midlands would mean for that. When have you to give a response?

Hi Mindhack Diva

Well done on the offer GalwayGirl2020,

It’s very hard to make a decision when the location is not your 1st choice. You cannot predict if positions will be filled from the accounting panel for Galway or Limerick before the panel finishes.
    Relying on mobility to move locations is a risk too as it can be a long wait.
    I suppose you need to weigh up if the commute is doable and long term you could have the possibility of a transfer.
    There has been movement on both the Limerick and Galway panels but it’s hard to know how many more AO vacancies there will be.
    One other thing to bear in mind is after 2 years you would be eligible to apply for internal Revenue HEO which could give you the move back to Galway.
    Good luck with your decision.

• Advertisement

Well done on the offer GalwayGirl2020,

It’s very hard to make a decision when the location is not your 1st choice. You cannot predict if positions will be filled from the accounting panel for Galway or Limerick before the panel finishes.
    Relying on mobility to move locations is a risk too as it can be a long wait.
    I suppose you need to weigh up if the commute is doable and long term you could have the possibility of a transfer.
    There has been movement on both the Limerick and Galway panels but it’s hard to know how many more AO vacancies there will be.
    One other thing to bear in mind is after 2 years you would be eligible to apply for internal Revenue HEO which could give you the move back to Galway.
    Good luck with your decision.

Hi
    Just on your point about applying for internal HEO, I was under the impression that AOs were not applicable to apply for HEO as they point end on the same point on scale? In the most recent inter I'm nearly sure that was the case, but is it different for internal with revenue?

Advertisement