Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March Rifle Scopes

• 02-02-2021 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Has anyone had any experience with March rifle scopes?
    If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Given their price tag, I would assume that they are a step above a Vortex/Delta, but don't quite measure up to a Swarovski, Zeiss, S&B, etc.?

I'm considering one of these: https://www.marchscopes.co.uk/product/march-2-5x-25x42-rifle-scope/ - an all round, versatile optic, to be used for foxing and target shooting out to 400 metres...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭badaj0z

I have that model. Excellent versatile scope. Lighter than many of it's competitors without sacrificing any performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Ghost Recon

badaj0z wrote: »
    I have that model. Excellent versatile scope. Lighter than many of it's competitors without sacrificing any performance.

How does it compare to a S&B, or a Zeiss/Swaro?
    Or is it equivalent?
    Or is it below par?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭badaj0z

The Bench rest people think it is the best scope available. All scopes involve trade offs. Magnification versus field of view versus clarity versus reticle etc. You pays your money , you makes your choice. There is no such thing as the perfect scope for everyone. You have to decide what you want it for primarily and then spend time analysing what is available. I have March, Leupold, Vortex, S&B, Sightron and Weaver Scopes. Each one is the best at what I use it for, in my opinion. Not everyone would agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

I have that exact scope on my stalking rig. March make some of the best scopes money can buy.

However it's gonna be surplus to requirements soon as I have a Pm2 ultra Short on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭JP22

patsat wrote: »
    I have that exact scope on my stalking rig. March make some of the best scopes money can buy.

However it's gonna be surplus to requirements soon as I have a Pm2 ultra Short on the way!

Lucky you, must check me lotto numbers.

Those March and Pm2's are jaw dropping money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

JP22 wrote: »
    Those March and Pm2's are jaw dropping money.
    The prices seem to be down from when i first seen/used them.
    Back then the 10-80 was about €3,699. It seems to be discontinued, not surprising as its over 10 years ago, but the prices i checked on the March site don't seem overly bad compared to other brands. I mean how much does a Swarovski or Zeiss V6 run these days? €3K+
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement