Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 22 Captains poll

• 02-02-2021 10:39am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For me it's between Salah, Fernandes or Gun Duggan, unsure at the minute.

GW 22 Captains poll 107 votes

Fernandes(SOU)
    67% 72 votes
    Ings(mun)
    4% 5 votes
    Wilson(CRY)
    0% 0 votes
    Gun Duggan(bur)
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling(bur)
    0% 0 votes
    City defender(bur)
    1% 2 votes
    Maddison(ful)
    2% 3 votes
    Bamford(EVE)
    1% 2 votes
    Grealish(WHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Antonio(ast)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah(BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    Son(CHE)
    20% 22 votes
    Other - mention in thread
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Salah (C), Sterking (VC) if I bring in the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I'd expect Salah to be heavily captained this week and I'm going to go along with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

You have to captain Salah if you have him this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You have to captain Salah if you have him this GW
    Bruno hasn't stopped being a great fantasy asset overnight. I don't think it is THAT clear. If Salah hadn't done it on Sunday, we'd be apprehensive about both. No reason Bruno can't do it today.

I'll still probably edge Salah but it is close.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭505_

Is there not a decent chance of Salah being rested? Klopp said before West Ham they had to give Firmino a break to avoid what happened to Mane repeating. With City at the weekend it could be Salah’s turn for a rest.

• Advertisement

505_ wrote: »
    Is there not a decent chance of Salah being rested? Klopp said before West Ham they had to give Firmino a break to avoid what happened to Mane repeating. With City at the weekend it could be Salah’s turn for a rest.
    Not if Mane is injured tomorrow. You can't go into a game against a Brighton team who looked great on Sunday against Spurs with Shaqiri, Firmino, Origi really. No point in being well stocked for the City game at the weekend if you've dropped 2/3 points during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

505_ wrote: »

I don't believe Salah will be rested but imporant to note this regardless given the shítshow of (C) at the weekend.

Obvious to most but your VC choice is just as important as your (C) choice IMO, moreso this season with the potential of postponed games, positive covid tests, etc.

Best to avoid having picks from the same team and try steer clear of rotation risks. Lottery at the best of times unless they've just been rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

CSF wrote: »
    Bruno hasn't stopped being a great fantasy asset overnight. I don't think it is THAT clear. If Salah hadn't done it on Sunday, we'd be apprehensive about both. No reason Bruno can't do it today.

I'll still probably edge Salah but it is close.

One assist in 5 gameweeks would suggest he has, I know Salah went through a rough patch as well but he seems to have turned the corner and his returns havent been flukes, he has looked far hungrier. Fernandes looks tired to me - has any midfielder played as many minutes as him this season? Pogba's form and move to the centre has definitely affected his returns and added to this there has been a general reduction in the number of penalties in the premier league.

He is absolutely capable of getting a big haul at any stage and Southampton haven't impressed me in the last few weeks but all logic dictates its a clear choice of Salah if you have both unless looking for a diffential and if you are looking for a differential to close gaps in money leagues etc then a player owned by 55% plus is probably not the best option.

Captain Salah and VC Bruno was one of the easiest decisions of the season for me and never gave it a second thought.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    One assist in 5 gameweeks would suggest he has, I know Salah went through a rough patch as well but he seems to have turned the corner and his returns havent been flukes, he has looked far hungrier. Fernandes looks tired to me - has any midfielder played as many minutes as him this season? Pogba's form and move to the centre has definitely affected his returns and added to this there has been a general reduction in the number of penalties in the premier league.

He is absolutely capable of getting a big haul at any stage and Southampton haven't impressed me in the last few weeks but all logic dictates its a clear choice of Salah if you have both unless looking for a diffential and if you are looking for a differential to close gaps in money leagues etc then a player owned by 55% plus is probably not the best option.

Captain Salah and VC Bruno was one of the easiest decisions of the season for me and never gave it a second thought.

My point is that people would have said Salah was a poor option on Sunday after 6 consecutive blanks, but the reality is with how good he is, he is never anything but a great option.

Salah and Fernandes are guys that can always be relied on (and yet still won’t always perform like any player), and while Salah now has the very recent form to work on, Fernandes has the better fixture based on xGc.

Southampton have all kinds of defensive issues at the moment also whereas Brighton come into this game on the back of having conceded 1 goal from the last 4 games against Man City, Tottenham, Leeds and Fulham.

I think I will be going Salah aswell, my point is merely that it is not clear at all. It is very close if you break it down, especially with Fernandes having a slightly higher expected goal involvement for the season. Salah wins on form, but it is only one game’s form after all.

Salah wins on form, but it is only one game’s form after all.

You don't get any points for it but why or how would you ignore the Cup game? It's not just one game.

They are clearly the one and two choices this week and we can agree on that and I did acknowledge your point re Southampton as well, they look very ropey. It's still a very clear choice for me.

• Advertisement

You don't get any points for it but why or how would you ignore the Cup game? It's not just one game.

They are clearly the one and two choices this week and we can agree on that and I did acknowledge your point re Southampton as well, they look very ropey. It's still a very clear choice for me.

I ignored the cup game because you did. Bruno scored in it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Salah (C) Grealish (VC)

I don't have the balls to capt Barnes twice in a row but think he'll do well again this week.

Edit: Actually no, grealish will be my VC, he's at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

The prophet (c) Bruno (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Between Bruno + Raheem. Bruno for the minute
    Could also do a city defender as el capitan

I ignored the cup game because you did. Bruno scored in it aswell.

How very noble of you!

Sometimes the obvious choice is just that, the poll results here alone would seem pretty conclusive, even more so when you consider that Bruno has a higher ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sully123

TAA
    Trying something different

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

sully123 wrote: »
    TAA
    Trying something different

Likewise I’m very tempted for something different. Thinking of Cancelo but could chicken out and go Salah.

How very noble of you!

Sometimes the obvious choice is just that, the poll results here alone would seem pretty conclusive, even more so when you consider that Bruno has a higher ownership.

I wouldn’t say noble, I just figured you didn’t deem it relevant.

I would agree that Salah’s likely EO makes him scary to not captain if you’ve a high rank. On the flip side I think it means that if you’re not doing as well as you’d like, Bruno is a huge opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The only worry with Salah is Brighton defending very well and rarely loosing by more than 1 goal lately.

If I wasn't worried about rotation in City I would give the armband to Sterling, but given the ownership of Salah, Sterling could be a bit of differential anyway.

So many will captain Salah after his last game that it is just obvious choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Salah has effectively scored 5 (2 in cup and one ruled out for Firmino handball) in his last 3 games and looks sharp. But for all the reasons given he's no sure thing. Still think it's the sensible choice this week.

• Advertisement

Liverpool will want to beat Brighton after only drawing last time out. Hope they go out for revenge and paste them

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was close to picking Sterling but I've gone for Salah.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Gone Bruno. Cancelo vc
    Bamford in as first sub
    These rotations at chelsea and city i really need to boost that bench

If I could have seen those lineups in advance I would have captained Bruno without question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hawaii501

No love for one of the best players in the league Jack Grealish?
    Went with him for captain and Salah vc, plays most minutes and west ham couldn't defend on Sunday.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Liverpool will want to beat Brighton after only drawing last time out. Hope they go out for revenge and paste them

Are there games where they dont want to win :confused:

Are there games where they dont want to win :confused:

Well what I meant was that they might have an added desire after what happened the last time they met.

I wouldn’t say noble, I just figured you didn’t deem it relevant.

I would agree that Salah’s likely EO makes him scary to not captain if you’ve a high rank. On the flip side I think it means that if you’re not doing as well as you’d like, Bruno is a huge opportunity.

I hope I didnt put you off, bizzare game!

I hope I didnt put you off, bizzare game!

Nah, I went Salah and I think with the EO I was probably always going to. I can handle Bruno getting that kind of return while just owning him. He’s the only player I owned in all the games tonight and I’m only down to 28k from 22k.

If Salah did the same tomorrow and I hadn’t him captained my high rank that I’ve built over weeks and weeks would be gutted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement