Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have been meaning to get a pair of the Verso leather look leggings for a while, but they were out of stock before Christmas. Just ordered a pair now! HOpefully they fit! https://versofashions.com/collections/leggings/products/the-harley-leggings

Screenshot_2019-07-11_at_12.16.30_435x.png?v=1575033147

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I have been meaning to get a pair of the Verso leather look leggings for a while, but they were out of stock before Christmas. Just ordered a pair now! HOpefully they fit! https://versofashions.com/collections/leggings/products/the-harley-leggings

I have a few pairs of these - plenty of room while being snug and cosy! I also have the Spanx ones and do feel these suck you in too!

Picked this dress up on RiverIsland for €60. Hope I get a chance to wear it out in 2021. :)

white-long-sleeve-print-tie-front-midi-dress_785180_rollover?$productImageLarge$

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Fab dress, Diane von Furstenberg vibes!

I splashed out on Lululemon leggings and joggers and my god they are so soft and comfortable. I totally get the cult now :pac: Both items were in the "we made too much" section of the online shop where they discount overstock.

LW5BSES_1966_1?size=800,800
    Super comfy, look like trousers but are a stretchy legging material. Sneaky :) Half the price of some of the other colours.

lululemon-lululemon-align-pant-28-lattice-work-emboss-black-047174-335024.jpg
    Some of the more patterned, cropped overstock leggings are cheaper but I was happy to snag these full length subtle pattern ones for €20 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I see Boohoo is to buy Debenhams brand and website.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

@Twee What is the brand name of those leggings?

They're from Lululemon! https://www.eu.lululemon.com/en-lu/home The style of the legging is Align HR.

Twee. wrote: »
    They're from Lululemon! https://www.eu.lululemon.com/en-lu/home The style of the legging is Align HR.

They look great, bit pricey for my liking though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I have 2 pairs from the brand - with side pockets for a phone, that I got in a sale. They were dear but I love them. Strong, squat proof, really comfortable and not all sweaty.

Yes they're silly money! I was feeling very sorry for myself the day I bought them :D I have heard they're very long lasting though, so hopefully a decent investment.

• Advertisement

I have to return those Verso leggings, they don't suit me at all. they were really hard to get on for a start, but the just don't suit my legs and dig in too much so I feel like my legs are fatter than they are.

Another return....

Ah rage :( They're spendy, but I would look out for the Spanx leggings next time Arnotts have their 20% off if you wanted to treat yourself. First time I put them on I was literally like who owns these legs and this ass cos they certainly ain't mine!! I was very surprised at how flattering they were. I've worn them to death, definitely worth their cost-per-wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Ah rage :( They're spendy, but I would look out for the Spanx leggings next time Arnotts have their 20% off if you wanted to treat yourself. First time I put them on I was literally like who owns these legs and this ass cos they certainly ain't mine!! I was very surprised at how flattering they were. I've worn them to death, definitely worth their cost-per-wear.

I saw on Instagram that the website Zalando have a slight reduction on the spanx and if you sign up to Zalando you get an extra 10% off!

I must keep an eye out for them. I was disappointed with the Verso ones. When i opened the package there were loads of bits of thread all hanging off the end of the leg and I found them hard to get on. I shouldn't have gone for the biker style as the just dug into my legs and made them look fatter, which I do not need! I'm a bit fed up of ordering online. Can't wait for the day when we can try on in shops again!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I might treat myself to a pair of these for my birthday next month, as it's not like I'll be spending money on celebrating!! They're very much NOT my usual style so I'm nervous :o. What's the sizing like? I'd normally be a 12/14 on the bottom.

/edit: Also, please feel free to give me tips on how to style them, especially in terms of shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I have to return those Verso leggings, they don't suit me at all. they were really hard to get on for a start, but the just don't suit my legs and dig in too much so I feel like my legs are fatter than they are.

Another return....

I bought the Verso leggings too but in plain black. They are ok but too long in the leg bit disappointed for what I paid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Another return....

You have saved me a purchase - I remember hearing positive reviews about the verso leggings online before Christmas...but they were completely sold out.

I was thinking about buying a pair (just to see what the hype was all about), but purchased some nice leather look jeggings from M&S instead, which were reduced to half price (€13.50) at the time .... unfortunately they seem to have gone back up in price since. I prefer a matte finish rather than shiny...

SD_01_T57_8604V_Y0_X_EC_0?$PDP_IMAGEGRID_1_MD$

Dunnes also have two pairs in stock atm, here and here.

I heard heard great things about the leather look Spanx...particularly that they’re super flattering....
    Do they wear out quickly or hold their shape over time. Do they require a special wash, or can they be washed in a normal 40 degree wash with other clothes?

Faith wrote: »
    I might treat myself to a pair of these for my birthday next month, as it's not like I'll be spending money on celebrating!! They're very much NOT my usual style so I'm nervous :o. What's the sizing like? I'd normally be a 12/14 on the bottom.

/edit: Also, please feel free to give me tips on how to style them, especially in terms of shoes!

Sure this is it, might as well get something nice! I bought them when I was a size 12 and got the medium and they fit me well. They look really small but they do fit, just need to wrangle them a little! They are skintight so don't be put off about how small they look! I will say though, they are so tight the stitching on the Moto ones will leave dents (?) on your skin for a few minutes when you take them off :o I've heard the quilted ones aren't as comfortable due to all the stitching.

I've literally worn them with runners, heeled ankle boots, flat biker boots, and if I wore high heels I'd wear them with those too! Tops wise, I like a little bit of coverage. Have worn with white shirts, denim shirts, long tees, glam silky shirts/tops. Soft knitwear would be nice too I'd say!
    I heard heard great things about the leather look Spanx...particularly that they’re super flattering....
    Do they wear out quickly or hold their shape over time. Do they require a special wash, or can they be washed in a normal 40 degree wash with other clothes?

Mine have stayed in shape. You've to wash at 30 degrees as far as I remember, and air dry. I did get a drop of foundation on them that was a pain to get out. Whatever the fabric is it's really tightly woven and the makeup got right in there. Lesson learned, put them on AFTER you're ready with everything else :mad:

I got mine in Arnotts in November when there was 20% off. You wash them in cold water and dry flat. I love them, I was worried I'd feel stuffed into them and be dying to take them off at the end of the day but they are so comfortable and very soft, not leathery at all really.

I've also had the verso ones a year or 2 ago, grand for the price but they started ripping away at the crotch area very easily, but like I did wear them to death!

I search on instagram for ideas on how to style my spanx, search #spanxleggings etc. I got a pair of vejas at Christmas that I'll prob wear a lot with them, haven't worn them yet as I'm (like most) am living in slippers these days :p

You have saved me a purchase - I remember hearing positive reviews about the verso leggings online before Christmas...but they were completely sold out.

I was thinking about buying a pair (just to see what the hype was all about), but purchased some nice leather look jeggings from M&S instead, which were reduced to half price (€13.50) at the time .... unfortunately they seem to have gone back up in price since. I prefer a matte finish rather than shiny...

Dunnes also have two pairs in stock atm, here and here.

Funny you mention the M&S ones, I was just looking at them last night. They are only €27 but sold out in most smaller sizes. I have heard they are quite good, so must keep an eye on them!

I did see a pair of coated ones in Dunnes recently, they weren't leggings, as they had a button, but I never got a chance to look at them properly. They weren't so shiny, which I prefer actually. I must check the website again.

• Advertisement

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I got mine in Arnotts in November when there was 20% off. You wash them in cold water and dry flat. I love them, I was worried I'd feel stuffed into them and be dying to take them off at the end of the day but they are so comfortable and very soft, not leathery at all really.

I've also had the verso ones a year or 2 ago, grand for the price but they started ripping away at the crotch area very easily, but like I did wear them to death!

I search on instagram for ideas on how to style my spanx, search #spanxleggings etc. I got a pair of vejas at Christmas that I'll prob wear a lot with them, haven't worn them yet as I'm (like most) am living in slippers these days :p

Oh I am on the look out for a pair of Veja trainers!! LOVE them ;)

Oh I am on the look out for a pair of Veja trainers!! LOVE them ;)

I've not broken them in yet but love the look of them, I got the V-12 White/Emerald pair from Office.......signed up with a new email address to avial of 10% off :D

I found a coated pair on Dunnes website so I've done a click & collect for them

2517106_black.jpg

the biker boots that I ordered previously were back up on sale and had a size 6 again, so I chanced my arm and reordered them! I have a feeling they may refund but they had them for sale so who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Treated myself to a new coat today. I have absolutely no idea when and where I'm actually going to get to wear it, but fukkit.

https://redmillsstore.ie/collections/welligogs/products/welligogs-demelza-womens-wool-coat-in-chocolate

I actually really, REALLY wanted the Oxford one, but alas, sold out in everything but size 6 and not being restocked.

Lovely coat, really nice and timelessly stylish..... I bought a coat & a jacket over the last 10 months or so and worn them both once :pac:

I picked up my order from Dunnes this evening. The coated jeans are lovely on, although I might have gotten away with the size down, but they fit nice.
    The boots arrived too, although not 100% sure if I'm keeping them. The left one doesn't zip up the whole way, it seems tighter than the right around my calf, so not sure why that is. They are nice, but if they won't close properly it might be pointless keeping them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Has anybody every ordered clothes from Vavavoom? I saw this coat on somebody on insta yesterday but the sizing is 10/12 and 12/14 - I hate sizing like that cos you don't know if it's big sizing or not...there's no size guide either.

Oh and just after seeing that the bloggers picture of her in the jacket is already on their website and the 12/14 is gone :eek: Looks like I won't be taking the chance of 10/12

I can't believe I've bought another pair of trainers!! (don't judge!!)

I spotted these on Nike and eventhough they are for an older child, they had a size 6 and reduced to €28! So cute and lovely for spring/summer.
    md-runner-2-vintage-floral-older-shoe-gwqK5q.jpg

https://www.nike.com/ie/t/md-runner-2-vintage-floral-older-shoe-gwqK5q/BQ7030-100?fbclid=IwAR1_ZwP3q2EG4M7nPC7v3qTEulI-GHnUdpBpaLL-DfXHFhu4L2VuQcbWv5M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

leahyl wrote: »
    Has anybody every ordered clothes from Vavavoom? I saw this coat on somebody on insta yesterday but the sizing is 10/12 and 12/14 - I hate sizing like that cos you don't know if it's big sizing or not...there's no size guide either.

Oh and just after seeing that the bloggers picture of her in the jacket is already on their website and the 12/14 is gone :eek: Looks like I won't be taking the chance of 10/12

Gorgeous jacket - great price. I hadn't seen that site before, you may have caused me to go spending (again):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

leahyl wrote: »

That's identical to a white one I bought from iclothing last winter!!
    Here's the khaki: https://www.iclothing.com/lilly-stripe-lined-raincoat-in-khaki

Advertisement