Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO competition 2020?

• 27-01-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks, looking at the thread about the HEO competition that kicked off last March, and wondering if there are any informed opinions about when or if there'll be another competition this year.

Any thoughts? Too much to ask maybe :L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭LordBasil

Hi folks, looking at the thread about the HEO competition that kicked off last March, and wondering if there are any informed opinions about when or if there'll be another competition this year.

Any thoughts? Too much to ask maybe :L

The current competition expires 30 April 2021 so it's very likely there won't be another Interdepartmental HEO competition launched until early 2021 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whatsupdoc89

LordBasil wrote: »
    The current competition expires 30 April 2021 so it's very likely there won't be another Interdepartmental HEO competition launched until early 2021 at the earliest.

Thanks very much for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

If it’s like the last/current competition, it could run earlier as some panels may be exhausted.
    There’s an snippet about a forthcoming competition in the current union magazine-talks ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

I was at a career prep day back in Sept and they said they aimed to have one in the 1st quarter of 2020 in our dept. Maybe they meant 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Grinchy88 wrote: »
    I was at a career prep day back in Sept and they said they aimed to have one in the 1st quarter of 2020 in our dept. Maybe they meant 2021?

It might be an internal competition for your Dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

This has started now: https://www.gov.ie/en/circular/b1a1d-192020-interdepartmental-competition-for-promotion-to-higher-executive-officer-heo-in-the-civil-service/

Is there another thread, because I couldn't find one. I want to know what test providers they're using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

lucat wrote: »
    This has started now: https://www.gov.ie/en/circular/b1a1d-192020-interdepartmental-competition-for-promotion-to-higher-executive-officer-heo-in-the-civil-service/

Is there another thread, because I couldn't find one. I want to know what test providers they're using.

They haven’t said yet but I am in the middle of another internal HEO competition and first test was SJT by SHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Milenauno wrote: »
    They haven’t said yet but I am in the middle of another internal HEO competition and first test was SJT by SHL.

Is that a new provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

cw67irl wrote: »
    Is that a new provider?

No, two years ago I did AO competition and test provider was SHL as well

https://www.shl.com/shldirect/en/practice-tests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Milenauno wrote: »
    No, two years ago I did AO competition and test provider was SHL as well

This is possibly a stupid question but Il ask anyway. From any CS tests iv sat in recent years the format has been similar apart from the 2020 EO competition. Is SHL the original provider does anyone know?

• Advertisement

cw67irl wrote: »
    Is that a new provider?

No, I did the AP Open in June and SHL were the provider for the situation judgment test but it was Cut-e for the verbal and numerical. I'm pretty sure that was the case for other competitions too. But I'm going to invest in a test prep pack for verbal and I just want to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Samson14

What does the HEO online test consist of? I have recently completely and been assigned EO so just wondering is it the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Samson14 wrote: »
    What does the HEO online test consist of? I have recently completely and been assigned EO so just wondering is it the same?

Normally these psychometric exams follow the same patterns. Verbal and numerical comprehension followed by a job simulation exercise. For interdepartmental competitions, it's possible that they will drop some elements of this given that they're recruiting from within.

Still no news about the company they're using. I expected a message this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

lucat wrote: »
    Still no news about the company they're using. I expected a message this week.

The assessment test link isn't due until Feb 5th so I wouldn't expect any communication from them until end of next week and possibly even early the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dagner88

Got message on public jobs with a pre-test for heo numerical and verbal test. Think deadline to have proper one is Feb 10th.

Anyone have any idea what Stage 1(b) and Stage 2 will entail? It looks like we're not doing a SJT at all, which is unusual....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

I'd say stage 1(b) is the SJT, think that's the way the latest EO competition was ran. Stage 2 either and e-tray or video interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DarDee

Has anyone taken these exams on a tablet rather than a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Hi folks in case ye don't know there is another thread on this topic with a lot more input.

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

FYI - if ye want to give it a follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Hi all,

Is there a link/thread to the 2021 HEO Inter- D

Think it was 1st advertised in Jan/Feb 2021

Thank you!!!

Advertisement