Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garden shed to store motorcycle?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pegdrums

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

pegdrums wrote: »
    That's a fine job indeed. I really like the rebated floor. I think that's the right term. The kinda stepped idea.

Think they call it a ring beam

Nodster wrote: »
    Think they call it a ring beam

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

Nice looking shed alright. Mind me asking what company you got it from?

Yes MCD sheds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

pretty heated issue between steel or wood it seems!

looked at a few steeltech sheds there at the weekend....they seemed sturdier than i had imagined. nice looking bit of kit. Putting a window in is almost 300 quid though. Insulating them seems harder and after just working out the cost of a concrete base is more expensive than I thought I'll be staying wood I think.

my budget is around the 2k mark.

I like the idea of adding a sheet of marine ply to the floor. one company said they could add extra floor struts too.

how do youanage access with the marine play installed? did ya build a ramp?

Fcuuuuuk......mine cost about 1500..with all the insulation, French doors ,2 Windows and drylined.......ok I built myself tho...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What's that shed sitting on fatbast? Looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

MojoMaker wrote: »
    What's that shed sitting on fatbast? Looks well.

Its on blocks on gravel which has a dpc in it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Any issues with your bike insurance if it's wood or brick shed?
    I'm always asked if bike is stored in a brick shed, seems to be an issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I got a Shanette Shed about 2 years ago. Its got 40mm insulation even in the roof and sitting on a concreate base. No problems even with the snow and heavy frost recently. I'm in the process of lining it with 12mm OSB for added sound proofing and insulation.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I got a Shanette Shed about 2 years ago. Its got 40mm insulation even in the roof and sitting on a concreate base. No problems even with the snow and heavy frost recently. I'm in the process of lining it with 12mm OSB for added sound proofing and insulation.

They do look good alright but beyond me money wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭robbie_63

Same here, I'll be lucky to get a small timber shed to store mine in.

I'm jealous of all these proper sheds \ workshops

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Same here, I'll be lucky to get a small timber shed to store mine in.

I'm jealous of all these proper sheds \ workshops

The cost can spiral quickly alright. One nights excited googling had me looking at 1500k region sheds then suddenly I was trying to justify 5-6k worth of shed. tHERE'S DREAMS AND THERE'S REALITY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 PadraigBr

Wooden shed works really well, many people are using wooden sheds with roof and wall insulation with a little more investment and if it has ventilation then good as well, also you have the option to customise it based on your requirements so that vehicles fit in easily, also the floor will be fine if using the good quality of ply and screwed it down properly, also you can use concrete base laid to make it a bit more strong.

Cheers for that man.

We are getting a bunch of work done on the house also (hence my € restrictions), so I'll be getting the insulation from the dormer and re-using it in the shed which is a bonus. I'll probably re-use the flooring from the dormer too instead of throwing it out, to keep insulation in place and it'll be toasty. And free.

As far as I know the shed Im favouring has decent ventilation, 1 vent at each gable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

zubair wrote: »
    Well a wooden shed will rot.

A properly installed and maintained wooden shed will not rot.. not in your lifetime anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mloc123 wrote: »
    A properly installed and maintained wooden shed will not rot.. not in your lifetime anyway

How are folks painting the back and sides of it when it's up against a wall ? Skinny children ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Nabidana

listermint wrote: »
    How are folks painting the back and sides of it when it's up against a wall ? Skinny children ? :P

Spray it from top of the wall?

Using one of these babies...
    https://www.screwfix.ie/c/decorating/electric-paint-sprayers/cat830802

My fence panels lift up so I'll prop them up and send a child in that way!

Its a nice easy system for thieves too

Advertisement