Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is that 20GB via an add on?

Sorry only 10GB but hardly use it as I said. iirc its one of the old €20 for 10GB of data and €20 call credit. No coverage at home so never use the call credit. Last time I checked I had over €200 in credit.

I'll see if I can log in from this computer and check.

Edit> Double checked and its the Data Value Plan 10GB Data and keep your €20 call credit and if not used sooner the 10GB can be used over 56 days.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Changed from Three this week and no issues either. Porting over only took about 10 minutes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Sorry only 10GB but hardly use it as I said. iirc its one of the old €20 for 10GB of data and €20 call credit. No coverage at home so never use the call credit. Last time I checked I had over €200 in credit.

I'll see if I can log in from this computer and check.

Vodafone have a 5GB / 28 day add on for 5 euro and free web text which is occasionally useful for international SMS.

Skip a week or month between add ons if not using the allowance.

Can PM call credit be used for add ons?

Is VF the only signal available?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

brianomc wrote: »
    I can't get tethering working on an iPhone anyway. I contacted them last night so will see what they say.

Any reply? I asked today too, no response either.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

No reply today, I will try again tomorrow. But a few pages back someone said they got a reply that it doesn't work on iphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

No reply today, I will try again tomorrow. But a few pages back someone said they got a reply that it doesn't work on iphones.

Works perfect on my Samsung android phone

Yep, I saw that. I'll have to stick with Gomo it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

I switched from Vodafone to post mobile yesterday, the €15 a month plan.

Requested a sim Wednesday and it arrived Friday.

Phoned them yesterday to port over and while they said it could take up to 48hrs it was done in 15 minutes.

For those wondering I've no issues with using the phone as a hotspot for my kids tablets when out and about.

I've set up auto top up and so far everything seems fine.

As I was already with Vodafone I haven't seen any difference in quality of signal. Internet is a bit faster but my Vodafone plan limited me speedwise.

The only worry I might have is the fair usage as my kids would hotspot a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

Hi

Does anybody know if this plan with an post mobile supports calling over WiFi. Signal not great where I live, with any carrier.
    Some carriers only offer it to billpay customers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

AidenL wrote: »
    Yep, I saw that. I'll have to stick with Gomo it seems.

The replied today to say its not possible for iPhones. They havent replied to my next question which was asking for a reason why it doesnt work.

• Advertisement

Notmything wrote: »
    I switched from Vodafone to post mobile yesterday, the €15 a month plan.

Requested a sim Wednesday and it arrived Friday.

Phoned them yesterday to port over and while they said it could take up to 48hrs it was done in 15 minutes.

For those wondering I've no issues with using the phone as a hotspot for my kids tablets when out and about.

I've set up auto top up and so far everything seems fine.

As I was already with Vodafone I haven't seen any difference in quality of signal. Internet is a bit faster but my Vodafone plan limited me speedwise.

The only worry I might have is the fair usage as my kids would hotspot a lot.
    Not an iPhone I presume?

The replied today to say its not possible for iPhones. They havent replied to my next question which was asking for a reason why it doesnt work.

Same to me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Unless you submit a formal complaint, they will just give vague reasons without resolving the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

AidenL wrote: »
    Not an iPhone I presume?

Sorry should have mentioned that, no, android.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

My 50GB limit ran out and they just disable mobile broadband altogether. I got a text saying to contact them. I sent an email a few weeks ago requesting to raise the limit , but no answer. I havent had time to ring them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Offer extended until end of March.
    You'd love to see take-up figures? I'd say very low.

TheDriver wrote: »

No iPhone customers anyway. Id have signed up if it was possible to hotspot on an iPhone.

I sent the email 3 weeks ago, still no reply. I rang them today - there is nothing they can do to raise the allowance. They can only sell me add-on. No thanks.

I think ill try Clearmobile.
    My 50GB limit ran out and they just disable mobile broadband altogether. I got a text saying to contact them. I sent an email a few weeks ago requesting to raise the limit , but no answer. I havent had time to ring them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭deezell

I sent the email 3 weeks argo, still no reply. I rang them today - there is nothing they can do to raise the allowance. They can only sell me add-on. No thanks.

I think ill try Clearmobile.
    If you just top up early, won't that just reset you daya bsck to 50G?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

ordered a sim Friday will see how porting goes, the value with 48 was very good, but I'm only getting 3G locally or one bar LTE, so need to move away from 3's coverage for a bit. With the free month, it'll cost the same over the first 3 months anyway ( I was on the old tenner a month for 48, not the newer 7.99 one)

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    If you just top up early, won't that just reset you daya bsck to 50G?

Yes it would. But then its like 25 eur per month

Yes it would. But then its like 25 eur per month
    If you use more than 50GB every month, you probably need a different plan alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

If you use more than 50GB every month, you probably need a different plan alright.

All u can eat data on three unlimited

All u can eat data on three unlimited
    3 and eir have bad coverage here (dublin 8)

im still using my 48 sim also, but frequently speed drops to 1 Mbps or so (youtube auto starts at 144p)

Just notified of my second topup since signing up. My data balance on my.postmobile.ie is now 104267521 Kb, or 99.4 Gb. Does the 50Gb limit roll over then, hence fair use is an average of 50 Gb/month. It seems exactly right as I used a measly 0.6Gb stuck at home for the month of Jan, using Wi-Fi all the time. So I could splurge up to 99Gb and not get limited?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just notified of my second topup since signing up. My data balance on my.postmobile.ie is now 104267521 Kb, or 99.4 Gb. Does the 50Gb limit roll over then, hence fair use is an average of 50 Gb/month. It seems exactly right as I used a measly 0.6Gb stuck at home for the month of Jan, using Wi-Fi all the time. So I could splurge up to 99Gb and not get limited?

No. Tomorrow you'll find the month just ended disappears.

No. Tomorrow you'll find the month just ended disappears.

Spot on, 52428786 KB this morning, 49.99999GB !

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

ordered a sim Friday will see how porting goes, the value with 48 was very good, but I'm only getting 3G locally or one bar LTE, so need to move away from 3's coverage for a bit. With the free month, it'll cost the same over the first 3 months anyway ( I was on the old tenner a month for 48, not the newer 7.99 one)
    Porting has now failed for the third time with An Post Mobile!! May just go back to Virgin.

• Advertisement

ebjarrell wrote: »
    Porting has now failed for the third time with An Post Mobile!! May just go back to Virgin.

Maybe 48 are not disconnecting your number, might not be Post Mobile at all. I kept checking my Eir account online, and trying the SIM. They were slow enough to pull the plug, but once they did, PM sim registered and I was up and running within 20 mins once I had the correct config pushed on the phone.

Advertisement