Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Christmas food left?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

3 boxes of mince pies in freezer. 2 christmas puddings in press. Tin of USA. Tin of Choc Kimberly. Tin Roses. Tin of Q/Street

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

3 boxes of mince pies in freezer. 2 christmas puddings in press. Tin of USA. Tin of Choc Kimberly. Tin Roses. Tin of Q/Street

You've reminded me ive 18 mince pies in the freezer.... can see some of these being defrosted this weekend as a treat for getting through January!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

i'll buy your roses of you for €4 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I fecked up with 2 boxes of mince pies. Went out of date in the press so I was glad I had put the others in freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The last of the actual grub is finally gone, gone, gone.

But we were given nice bottles of gin for Christmas pressies -- the family know what we like, lol; my husband makes the BEST gin-and-tonic. And there's always tonic in the fridge and a lemon in the fruit-bowl.

So we have one on a Sunday and the nice bottles of Christmas gin will last us quite a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,226 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pouches of Roses for sale in my local Centra for €5

Autosport wrote: »
    Pouches of Roses for sale in my local Centra for €5

The mark up on that is scandalous.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,226 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

DvB wrote: »
    The mark up on that is scandalous.

They were the large pouch though ;)

Still. Even the packaging is cheaper on the pouches I'd wager.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Large pouch of quality street in Dunnes for €2.50 so I agree with DvB the markup is silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

I have no sweet stuff other than a few mince pies in the freezer but have started again on the leftover I froze after Christmas, made some fresh stuffing and bread sauce yesterday to have with the turkey and ham I am thawing out this week :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

phormium wrote: »
    I have no sweet stuff other than a few mince pies in the freezer but have started again on the leftover I froze after Christmas, made some fresh stuffing and bread sauce yesterday to have with the turkey and ham I am thawing out this week :)

Nice!!!

We had roast ham, roast potatoes, sprouts & roast veg yesterday for dinner, close enough to a christmas dinner for it to be mentioned by one of the kids... was delighted with myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I finished the last if my Christmas food yesterday. 1 slice of christmas cake and then the last of my pudding with Custard. That's it. New month and a new me less suger lol. Will see how that goes lol. Suger free February here we go.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    I finished the last if my Christmas food yesterday. 1 slice of christmas cake and then the last of my pudding with Custard. That's it. New month and a new me less suger lol. Will see how that goes lol. Suger free February here we go.

wait till lent starts... pancake Tuesday coming up and Valentine's day coming up :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

sporina wrote: »
    wait till lent starts... pancake Tuesday coming up and Valentine's day coming up :D:

Good points. Ye I think your right. Can't miss Pancake Tuesday. That other day is a none event in my world. Just another day. I am cutting down on the amount if crap I eat do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

got the last pouch of Roses in LIDL today €4.. not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Still eating away on ferrero rochet and celebrations that were bought for us as presents. It's never ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Had a tub of Roses last night. I messed up dinner, burgers and chips turned into just burgers so promised extra movie treats. Feel we still have enough to do that many more times.

tscul32 wrote: »
    Had a tub of Roses last night. I messed up dinner, burgers and chips turned into just burgers so promised extra movie treats. Feel we still have enough to do that many more times.

awe sounds sweet :)

speaking of Roses - got a tub in Mace in Glanmire for €6.. not bad... been enjoying them during TV intervals :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Gave a box mince pies and a Christmas pud to my folks. They were going out of date in a couple of weeks and we are still trying to be healthy and didn't want them to go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

still have 3 boxes of mince pies left, best before the week before Easter so might stretch one to Easter with a bit of custard.
    also found a box of chocolates today, will try to finish them before Wednesday, don't worry its a small box!!!

still have 3 boxes of mince pies left, best before the week before Easter so might stretch one to Easter with a bit of custard.
    also found a box of chocolates today, will try to finish them before Wednesday, don't worry its a small box!!!

gee v long shelf life on your mince pies? where did you get em? couldn't be too wholesome lasting that long (no offense)

sporina wrote: »
    gee v long shelf life on your mince pies? where did you get em? couldn't be too wholesome lasting that long (no offense)

I have 3 boxes of them myself, but mine are in the freezer. Did it last year and when defrosted during the April/May lockdown last year were a delicious treat when heated up & served with some vanilla ice cream!!

Will be breaking open some of them around Paddys day I suspect as I'm taking a few days off & may well treat myself!

In a gesture of irony we defrosted a box of mince pies & had them with vanilla ice cream over the weekend for dessert after a BBQ... delish!! I still say they should be available all year round 😁

We gave our last box of Christmas biscuits to our neighbor for keeping an eye on the house and watering hanging baskets while we were away.

Christmas cupboard is empty now.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

My Mams Christmas pudding. Only finished pudding from 2019 last Christmas & usually have a piece of pudding in September and finish it off at Christmas. Always tastes better when a year old. She’ll be starting her puddings in the next couple of weeks. Love the smell in the house when she’s boiling them.

We're down to our last 4 mince pies now, they've all been defrosted so we'll need to eat them all in the next day or 2... 😯

Challenge accepted!!😛

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Two Christmas puddings still upstairs 🎅 🎅 The only problem is that the OH doesn't eat it so if I open them,

Im going to have to finish it myself and the waist band is already stretched😂

Trivial problem I know😀

• Advertisement

Advertisement