Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last Year LPT

• 29-01-2021 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

For the last few years we have paid our property tax through deduction at source, it comes out of my husbands wages every week and we've never had a problem.

We are selling our house and need the statement from the revenue to prove we've paid it. Its still saying its waiting on his employer to submit the tax returns for last year to verify it, does anyone know roughly when this is usually done?

We've paid 2021 LPT upfront and if needed can pay last year in a lump sum and then claim back the overpayment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You should be able to sign in online to your LPT account and get a printout of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

For the last few years we have paid our property tax through deduction at source, it comes out of my husbands wages every week and we've never had a problem.

We are selling our house and need the statement from the revenue to prove we've paid it. Its still saying its waiting on his employer to submit the tax returns for last year to verify it, does anyone know roughly when this is usually done?

We've paid 2021 LPT upfront and if needed can pay last year in a lump sum and then claim back the overpayment.

Log in with your Property ID and Password and you can download a PDF statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TattooedLady

Gumbo wrote: »

We have done this and paid for 2021 that way but 2020 is still showing as deducted at source but not amount. It's saying the company has to file tax returns but in the meantime we can get a statement from the company saying how much was paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Gumbo wrote: »

Any idea how to find out your property pin number if cant find any record of it and have no letters from revenue with details of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Any idea how to find out your property pin number if cant find any record of it and have no letters from revenue with details of it?

Ring the LPT section in Ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Noddy33 wrote: »

01 738 3626

https://www.revenue.ie/en/contact-us/customer-service-contact/local-property-tax-lpt.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 17 N2017

Just wondering what to do in the situation when the tax rate band for value of the property was calculated incorrectly.

We had a statement from the revenue LPT section with payments of 344 € for each year from 2013 ( some year it was more thought) , my ex partner resided at the property so im not sure how LPT was calculated as he never paid property tax and i have picked up the bill when he left ( both our names were registered on the title deed). It was agreed with the revenue that the payments were deferred till circumstances change. At the end of 2017 I have paid off for the first 2 years in a lumpsum and agreed the payment plan on the arrears.

In 2017 there was a statement outlining the amounts due with Interest 0% under deferred refence. Arrangements were made after the statement received as i wanted to clear the debt.

I logged into my gov.ie account couple of months ago and find out that the DD payment plan was only arranged for for the years 2018 onwards, and the amounts outstanding for the years 2014-2018 have accumulated huge interest ( apprx for a 1200 owed almost 1000 in interest !). Contacted the LPT section and was told that since the deferral agreement ended the interest applied for each years outstanding is calculated from the year the tax was due + on the accumulative basis.

Raised this question with the revenue and was told to just pay the amount...

What confused me was why such interest was applied to the arrears when it was originally agreed to defer the payment and then DD was arranged for clearing of the money owed ? It was not clearly made to me that the monthly repayment under the DD was covering only the current year ( although started from 2018 ) and the outstanding amount was not taken into consideration yet interest was applied.

Contacted the customer service recently and was asked what rate band is applicable for the tax estimate for 2022.

Turned out that the rate band that applied all these years was wrong ( The band rate 3 was applied as the house was bought just before the financial crash and at the time the purchase value was more than double from what it was from 2010 onwards, but the tax office automatically applied the purchase value as a valuation of the property and sent out the statement ( ex partner was living at the property at the time and never even looked at the statement), it should of been rate band 2 or even 1 for some years

When i picked up the bill i presumed this is what had to be paid. But here I find out that the valuation of the property comes under self assessment.

So the wrong rates were applied for each of these years + the interest charged on the top of that!

Not sure where to even start here. But how do i prove that the value of the property was considerably less, therefore the LPT amounts calculated by the revenue office were also incorrect.

Am i entitled to the refund?

Advertisement