Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Transfers

• 31-01-2021 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭

No massive fires to put out at the moment, mght bite the bullet and get Martinez in.

Big ownership, great form, and a good few DGW's coming up.

Pity it took me so long to get him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Was going to do Robinson to Watkins which would give me a frontline of him with DCL & Bamford but instead I think I'll do Sterling to Salah as on paper Brighton home is easier than Burnley away and well I cant get pepped 2 GWs in a row because I'll crack!
    Seems logical?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

bantee wrote: »
    Was going to do Robinson to Watkins which would give me a frontline of him with DCL & Bamford but instead I think I'll do Sterling to Salah as on paper Brighton home is easier than Burnley away and well I cant get pepped 2 GWs in a row because I'll crack!
    Seems logical?

With sterling "rested" yesterday ... Would it not be more logical to keep him, even with pep roulette, he is more likely to play than not.

I would wait until after today's game to decide - see if Salah can pass the eye test, he looked decent against spurs but he has also blanked in 6 premier League games in a row, if he does well today I may need to take a points hit to get Salah in, he should get double digits returns soon....might even be today against West ham... With all the focus on Liverpool's defence and how patched up it is, Salah/mane etc could get scores, ideally Robbo too.... although I think Antonio will get one at the least.

With sterling "rested" yesterday ... Would it not be more logical to keep him, even with pep roulette, he is more likely to play than not.

I would wait until after today's game to decide - see if Salah can pass the eye test, he looked decent against spurs but he has also blanked in 6 premier League games in a row, if he does well today I may need to take a points hit to get Salah in, he should get double digits returns soon....might even be today against West ham... With all the focus on Liverpool's defence and how patched up it is, Salah/mane etc could get scores, ideally Robbo too.... although I think Antonio will get one at the least.

Agreed,will wait until after today's game for sure but I think if both play, Salah has more points potential and Liverpool then play Man City at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

bantee wrote: »
    Agreed,will wait until after today's game for sure but I think if both play, Salah has more points potential and Liverpool then play Man City at home.

And for that game sterling may put the extra effort in and get points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I wouldn't be losing any City players at the moment, good chance they have 3 doubles in 3 weeks in the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

And for that game sterling may put the extra effort in and get points.

Sterling has generally always done terrible against Liverpool.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be losing any City players at the moment, good chance they have 3 doubles in 3 weeks in the next few weeks

I have Stones and Cancelo already so will probably do Zaha to Gundo for the doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Getting Ings back in.

He looked dangerous against Villa and if he can stay fit I see solid returns for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Getting Ings back in.

He looked dangerous against Villa and if he can stay fit I see solid returns for the rest of the year.

Thats a big if though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Probably Raphinha to Grealish, and/or Brewster to Watkins/Ings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I need a replacement for Mitchell or Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »

May be better to re-organize the 3 players you want for DGW. Ederson is very unlikely to be dropped. so maybe Ederson + 1 of stones/Dias/Cancelo is a better approach than 2 of those defenders - as we've seen this GW Pep is likely to rotate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Will see how the rest of the GW goes, but looking at Bruno to Grealish and maybe Son to Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ace2007 wrote: »
    May be better to re-organize the 3 players you want for DGW. Ederson is very unlikely to be dropped. so maybe Ederson + 1 of stones/Dias/Cancelo is a better approach than 2 of those defenders - as we've seen this GW Pep is likely to rotate.

Ederson pretty much has a ceiling of 6pts though and as all three defenders mentioned have a much much higher ceiling I would personally prefer to take my chances with Pep Roullette.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

When is the next double GW and will there be a few more double GWs before season finishes(Covid aside)?
    Have got 3 villa players now in and looking at a city midfielder maybe...

Can't be bothered looking through the fixtures so hoping one of you already have the answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trying not to rage sell Digne or DCL. Would like Grealish but midfield is Salah, Son, Gundo, Bruno and Soucek. Not sure who I'd sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

All aboard the Alonso bandwagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

eh i dunno wrote: »
    All aboard the Alonso bandwagon?

eh I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Ah Na seriously tho I’d probably wait another gw or 2 as it seems TT is playing everyone at the min to give them all an opportunity to see how they perform

• Registered Users Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kane replacement is the plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking of Chilwell to Holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Taylor to Dallas I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Sterling to Salah I think . 20 points behind in my main league so don't want to risk loosing ground to salah...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I might actually reverse the Bamford to DCL move out of rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭eggy81

Think CHO looks the pick of the first 2 games under tuchel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I might actually reverse the Bamford to DCL move out of rage.

Tempted by this but might just keep DCL for one last game.

Might do Maddison > Salah and captain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Time to get Mo back. Got away with it for 3 weeks. Not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    Time to get Mo back. Got away with it for 3 weeks. Not today.

Think I'll sell Bruno (for 11.3M) for him instead of Soucek so I avoid benching Watkins/Antonio/Bamford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Palace really stand out on the fixture ticker.
    Anyone Mr P considering PVA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Was going to keep wood as he's a handy kind of bench guy who is easy to leave out but gets 90 and might get you something.. now he's injured I'd say :(

Salah out not happening. TAA staying for now and it will be a bank this week. Same lineup next week but mo captain!

Advertisement