Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R/TIST in the Spotlight- OONegative

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

OOnegative wrote: »
    Loved a game of naked pool!!!

Supreme talent but a fcukin head case, a few very good mates of mine played with him on the Ballymahon team he won a Longford Senior with. Stories about Frankie were something else, but they all admitted Ballymahon would have never won the county title without him.

His display against kildare in Newbridge in 2003 was unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

25 points between that game and the preceding one against Offaly. Joke that he didn't get an All Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Game was in Portlaoise as it happened D. I remember it well....through the floods of tears leaving the ground :( I remember Kildare were a point up towards the end of injury time of normal time, Brian Lacey had the ball about 30m out. The Da turns and says 'That's it now, we'll hit the road and get out a little early...' as Lacey promptly kicks an effort short into the goalie, Roscommon break out, ref plays on, Dolan kicks an absolutely ridiculous point to equalise from the sideline. A microcosm of my entire life supporting Kildare....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

healy1835 wrote: »
    Game was in Portlaoise as it happened D. I remember it well....through the floods of tears leaving the ground :( I remember Kildare were a point up towards the end of injury time of normal time, Brian Lacey had the ball about 30m out. The Da turns and says 'That's it now, we'll hit the road and get out a little early...' as Lacey promptly kicks an effort short into the goalie, Roscommon break out, ref plays on, Dolan kicks an absolutely ridiculous point to equalise from the sideline. A microcosm of my entire life supporting Kildare....

Knew you’d bite!!

A question from me.....

10. John Doyle 11. Frankie Dolan 12.

13. 14. 15. Dessie Dolan

Finish the forward line from the 3 counties mentioned from players over past 25 years!!!!

• Advertisement

A question from me.....

13. 14. 15. Dessie Dolan

Finish the forward line from the 3 counties mentioned from players over past 25 years!!!!

Always preferred Frankie at 13 B.
    There was a lad who used play midfield/half forward for Westmeath on same team as Dessie who might have been a small bit older, think his name was Martin Flanagan?
    I used to dread him getting the ball in our league games with ye, he was so fast, strong and direct. He'd defo be in my team in half forward line.

Actually tough to call after that! Donie Shine carried our attack for a long time and while lacking pace he always had a knack of finding space and could kick points for fun from either foot.
    I doubt many outside Ros would fully appreciate him but Cathal Cregg is another great speedy ball carrier and can score too.

Than ya have John Heslin, Dermot Earley would have played in half forward line in his early Kildare days. J would know more of the Kildare lads but Kavanagh fella (Brian I think?) was super corner forward for few years under McGeeney.

Your thread B, you call it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

12. Dermot Early 13. Paul Barden 14. John Heslin

Why did I think we were talking Longford? :confused:

skyblue46 wrote: »

Why did I think we were talking Longford? :confused:

I'd throw Niall Buckley in there instead of Barden after a bit of rejigging...

I'd throw Niall Buckley in there instead of Barden after a bit of rejigging...

I believe healy1835’s favourite ever player!!!

Barden's a Longford man S!

• Advertisement

Barden's a Longford man S!

Haha, yeah I corrected it. I don't know where I got Longford from. I was just thinking of Midland Leinster counties ....:rolleyes:

A question from me.....

10. John Doyle 11. Frankie Dolan 12. Dermot Earley

13. John Heslin 14. Senan Kilbride 15. Dessie Dolan

Finish the forward line from the 3 counties mentioned from players over past 25 years!!

My choice!!

I believe healy1835’s favourite ever player!!!

He was class.....there weren't many players that the Dublin fans worried about but he was one of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

A question from me.....

13. 14. 15. Dessie Dolan

Seanie Johnston...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Last question before you finish....

What's your favourite biscuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

What beer would you want as your first post race beer following a big PB in a race?

I’ll always harp back to one of my favourites, Scraggy Bay by Kinnegar, you can’t go wrong.

Tried this last night off the back of that recommendation - great shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Last question before you finish....

What's your favourite biscuit?

I'm with B on this. Jaffa cake is a biscuit to me, a mighty fine one too. Just because cake is in the name doesn't lessen its biscuitness. I'd feel hard done by if it was my birthday and the cake that rocked up was a jaffa cake with a candle in it.

Sorry for hijack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

I'm with B on this. Jaffa cake is a biscuit to me, a mighty fine one too. Just because cake is in the name doesn't lessen its biscuitness. I'd feel hard done by if it was my birthday and the cake that rocked up was a jaffa cake with a candle in it.

Sorry for hijack

I think I'm with P on this...It contains sponge(like in a trifle, which is cake) jelly & chocolate...I don't really consider it a biscuit.

Sorry for hijack

I'm only ball hopping... But...... Its not just the name... The ingredients and texture make it a cake.. Not a biscuit.... So B....... What's your favourite biscuit?!?

I think I'm with P on this...It contains sponge(like in a trifle, which is cake) jelly & chocolate...I don't really consider it a biscuit.

Finally someone talking sense!

• Advertisement

Finally someone talking sense!
    Sure don't I always:P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Lambay island

I'm only ball hopping... But...... Its not just the name... The ingredients and texture make it a cake.. Not a biscuit.... So B....... What's your favourite biscuit?!?

Ok, ill go up to my local supervalue and look for them in the cake section. I might be a while now :)

Ok, ill go up to my local supervalue and look for them in the cake section. I might be a while now :)

Someones a bit touchy about their Jaffa cakes :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Finally something in the A/R forum I feel knowledgeable enough to comment on :pac:

Jaffa Cake - cake is in the name, so you think cake. But you never buy them or serve them as a cake. If you're mad enough to buy the manky things, you're never going to say to someone - would you like some cake - and hand them a Jaffa Cake. You'll sit down and have them with a nice mug of tae. They sit in the biscuit aisle in the supermarket. They sit in your biscuit tin. They may have Cake in the name, but they're treated as a biscuit.

– Jaffa cakes follow the same basic ingredients of a cake, including egg, flour, and sugar mixture which was aerated on cooking and was the same as a traditional sponge cake.
    – The ingredients mix to make a thin batter rather than the thicker dough expected for a biscuit texture.
    – Cakes are expected to be soft and friable while biscuits are supposed to be crispy and able to be snapped.
    – Jaffa cakes have the same soft texture of sponge cake.
    – A Jaffa cake will go hard when it’s stale, like a cake, while biscuits go soft

Thank you Mary Berry

Thank you Mary Berry

Yep it's a cake! If you dunk that in a cuppa sure you will just be drinking tea & cake in a mug:eek:

Yep it's a cake! If you dunk that in a cuppa sure you will just be drinking tea & cake in a mug:eek:

But you'd still give it a go. You'd never dunk a victoria sponge. :D

– Jaffa cakes follow the same basic ingredients of a cake, including egg, flour, and sugar mixture which was aerated on cooking and was the same as a traditional sponge cake.
    – The ingredients mix to make a thin batter rather than the thicker dough expected for a biscuit texture.
    – Cakes are expected to be soft and friable while biscuits are supposed to be crispy and able to be snapped.
    – Jaffa cakes have the same soft texture of sponge cake.
    – A Jaffa cake will go hard when it’s stale, like a cake, while biscuits go soft

Kimberleys don't snap :eek:

• Advertisement

Kimberleys don't snap :eek:

Which kimberleys specifically? ......... This is important. Lol

Advertisement