Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Vaccine Debacle - Are We Now Paying the Price for Sacking Phil Hogan?

• 30-01-2021 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

I think that we are.

Big Phil was, in spite of many people’s opinion of him, a very cute politician whose voice was listened to in the higher levels in Brussels

I reckon that this issue over the Northern Ireland protocol would never have gotten as far as it did had Phil stayed on as trade commissioner. Phil would have prempted this and Ursula would have listened to him.

That’s my thoughts on it anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Phil Hogan was an advocate of Mercosur. Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

He was a gas man with his important documents

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Someone can draw alot of parallels in life. Someone may remember damaging clergy members being moved to another parish far, far away. Others remember damaging politicians being moved to another governmental role far, far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

I am guessing OP is related to Big Phil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Big Phil is a pantomime villain - he is hated in Ireland because he was front and centre when the water charges were an issue.

Let's face it, that episode was 10+ years ago and nobody, including yourself OP, has a notion what impact he has had (good or bad) since then.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,779 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have no idea what purpose this thread serves, other than to resurrect all the dross that was being spouted around Golfgate

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement