Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brexit Strawberries

• 29-01-2021 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Is it just me or are most strawberries either on the turn or gone off in the shops for the past 3 weeks or so.
    While they're all "in date" they either have fur on them or are gone soft. Since they're not in season here they're coming from places like Egypt and you'd wonder if they're going stale on the longer journey.
    Just a thought, anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭50HX

It's January , not being smart but you'very stated it aleady....Egypt ......that can't be good eating

• Registered Users Posts: 27 e04bf097

50HX wrote: »
    It's January , not being smart but you'very stated it aleady....Egypt ......that can't be good eating

Yes of course but in previous years they haven't been near as bad, regardless of whether they are from Egypt or not.
    They've got a longer journey to travel now that its not shipped through the channel tunnel. They're shockingly bad.

I'm just wondering has anyone else noticed this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I got some strawberries last weekend and they were actually pretty decent! Obviously not as tasty as what you'd get during the summer, but they were reasonably ripe and didn't go mouldy. I bought them on the Saturday, ate the last few on Friday nearly a week later. I keep mine in the fridge though, so that would obviously extend the shelf life.

Advertisement