Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

GBX wrote: »
    Also see that Three are doing an offer on this phone as well if you port your number to them: €129 when you post (€50 off) for those that may miss out on the Amazon/Vodafone offer.

https://www.three.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi-redmi-note-9.html

That's the 64GB version

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Oops - didn't notice that

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Also see that Three are doing an offer on this phone as well if you port your number to them: €129 when you post (€50 off) for those that may miss out on the Amazon/Vodafone offer.
    Is the 3 phone open, or locked to the 3 network?

Lmkrnr wrote: »

Not sure. Ive bought mine from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Back down to £139 on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Do they have fast charging? The global versions have and it's a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Lmkrnr wrote: »

Typically unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I ordered one yesterday with a free Eir sim I had. Used that to port to Vodafone to get the offer. Not putting any money on the new sim, its going into the bin. Gonna stick my regular sim into the new phone work away. Not paying any extra.

Is the phone from Vodafone locked to Vodafone or unlocked?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have the Redmi Note 9S for 8 months, i had intended it as a short term solution to my samsung S20 going boom.
    In the end i was so happy with the redmi i got a refund for the S20.
    Battery is actually insane on this thing, im getting 3 days from general use.
    Actual day to day use it does everything the S20 could do and feels just as quick in the users hand.
    Highly recommend.

Is the phone from Vodafone locked to Vodafone or unlocked?

AFAIK unlocked. Was mentioned in the VF Black Friday thread about them being unlocked - that was from somebody who had bought and tried a non VF sim.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058031922 - its in there somewhere! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 psawyer

Hi everyone,
    Would anyone know if an an post sim would work on this as a throwaway? It’s the only sim I can get my hands on to use at minute.
    Thanks

psawyer wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Would anyone know if an an post sim would work on this as a throwaway? It’s the only sim I can get my hands on to use at minute.
    Thanks

Just try to order and see if it works.

Hi everyone,
    Thanks

Don't see why not - Postmobile to VF (or 3) requires a port.

glog wrote: »
    Don't see why not - Postmobile to VF (or 3) requires a port.

Vodafone did cancel migration orders from sims they consider throw-away...

grogi wrote: »

How would they know?

Before Xmas I had an order cancelled for a Samsung A21 - I think it was the volume of orders - It was coming to €39 once you ported. I just reused the sim I used for that order (Virgin). They were not accepting

I posted this in the Vodafone thread:

VF aren't accepting numbers from Tesco, Lyca or 48. So an Eir or three SIM are the only options" Order an Eir sim. Should have it 24/48 hours

How would they know?

How would I know?

They might for instance cross-reference the number with the history of calls available in their systems. Very unlikely that an actively used SIM never connected with another VF number.

How would I know?

They might for instance cross-reference the number with the history of calls available in their systems. Very unlikely that an actively used SIM never connected with another VF number.

Sorry - this sounds like urban legend.
    I don't believe they would be able to distinguish 'throw away' numbers from any other number.
    Plenty of people use sims as backup's or electric gates that have no apparent activity but remain active with minimum top ups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Sorry - this sounds like urban legend.
    I don't believe they would be able to distinguish 'throw away' numbers from any other number.
    Plenty of people use sims as backup's or electric gates that have no apparent activity but remain active with minimum top ups etc.

You have to specify which network it is.

You have to specify which network it is.

I don't get what point you are making ?

Are you saying they just blanket ban all numbers of a certain operator?
    If so, then that is different to refusing 'throw away' numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

For what it's worth, I ordered and paid for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 from Vodafone yesterday using a Lyca SIM (with no usage history). They just sent a text to the number asking for verification.
    Haven't received the phone yet, but have the An Post tracking No. and bank account was debited...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Hi everyone,
    Thanks
    I tried using a post mobile sim before Christmas, it wouldn't go through. I got a message saying "the number was a Vodafone number" therefore wasn't egilible for the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psawyer

Yep. Can confirm it won’t work with postmobile sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Will it work with 48?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kyleboy

pm1977x wrote: »
    Will it work with 48?

Worked for me, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

It is confirmed that the VF Note 9 version has NFC and dual SIM? The specs on the website are useless lol.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

morgana wrote: »
    It is confirmed that the VF Note 9 version has NFC and dual SIM? The specs on the website are useless lol.
    The one I bought from VF is dual-SIM and has NFC.

For some reason, the second IMEI # printed on the box has a sticker covering it, which might make you think it's single-SIM, but it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Cool. Pulled the trigger on the order. Used Lyca Mobile and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Do you have to sign up to a monthly vodafone top up for this offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

kaltz wrote: »
    Do you have to sign up to a monthly vodafone top up for this offer?

No. 99.99 in total for the phone delivered.

Advertisement