Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Isle of Man to announce lifting of all Covid Restrictions today..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

An announcement is expected to be made at 4pm today (Friday) to confirm the decision on reopening, but there is a catch: plans may be halted if any unexplained cases or clusters arise in the meantime.

If nothing changes over the weekend, the social restrictions imposed on January 7 will be lifted:

*Residents will no longer be required to stay at home.

*Pubs, bars, restaurants and non-essential retail outlets can reopen.

*Social distancing and the wearing of face masks will not be mandatory, though they might still be required in some businesses, workplaces and healthcare settings.

*Gatherings will be permitted and members of different households can mix indoors.

*Those identified as clinically vulnerable or extremely clinically vulnerable will no longer be advised to shield.

*All of the island’s school sites will reopen on Monday and pupils are expected to return immediately.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60262&headline=Covid-19%20in%20the%20Isle%20of%20Man:%20A%20summary%20of%20the%20situation%20now&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Happy Day for the Manx and the islanders, will legendary TT still go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Great, I must fuel up the Jetski and head over....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Great, I must fuel up the Jetski and head over....

2 week quarantine with 3 negative tests or 3 week quarantine with no tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

pottokblue wrote: »
    Happy Day for the Manx and the islanders, will legendary TT still go ahead?

Hopefully covid won't interrupt the TT, which is substantially more dangerous than the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

2 week quarantine with 3 negative tests or 3 week quarantine with no tests.

Are we allowed move there, I'd be tempted to pack up the and go, plenty of places to rent.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

nj27 wrote: »
    Hopefully covid won't interrupt the TT, which is substantially more dangerous than the virus.
    Tens of thousands flock to the IOM every year for this. I can't imagine they would want that. In addition all participants, crew etc would probably need to quarantine. I would have thought the chances of this going ahead this year are pretty slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

TT for 2021 was cancelled in December https://www.iomtt.com/news/2020/12/04/tt-2021-cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

TT, Glastonbury maybe Japan Olympics maybe Cheltenham not much left going on in 2021 except the usual birth, life and death.....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Itsaduck1

Read the thread title and presumed the UK had just got the whole Island vaccinated and have let it open up

How come they didn't think of that?

Would have been a great expirement

Only 80,000 on that Island, they could do in a day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I for one would welcome our new Manx overlords

Advertisement