Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for 1990 Defender

• 28-01-2021 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Having trouble insuring a 1990 Defender.
    Can I insure a Classic Jeep privately or commercially, without having to get classic insurance as I am not 25, I live on a farm so would I be able to get farm jeep insurance for a 30 year old keep?
    Has anyone heard of anyone under 25 even having classic insurance? Or is there any way around this at all ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

As far as I know you need to have a main vehicle insured in you own name to get classic insurance. Did you consider registering the jeep in your parents name as a classic with you as a named driver on their policy ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikebyrne99

mikehn wrote: »
    As far as I know you need to have a main vehicle insured in you own name to get classic insurance. Did you consider registering the jeep in your parents name as a classic with you as a named driver on their policy ??

Sorry forgot to mention that I have my own main car insured in my name too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

you won't be able to get a Classic policy under 25 easily. You may find someone willing to help if you shop around. Probably depends how much under 25 you are.

Normal insurance on an old car is supposed to be difficult to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikebyrne99

Sorry forgot to mention that I have my own main car insured in my name too

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get insured as a named driver on a classic policy while I’m under 25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

doubtful, they know all the dodges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get insured as a named driver on a classic policy while I’m under 25

Y won’t get classic insurance as you’ll be using same for farming/work. Classic is for social domestic & pleasure or some schemes restrict for going to shows/events.

Axa have a basic policy for vans for farm use on older vans/jeeps but you’ll have to be new owner, have min 2yrs ncb in own name. Trying to cover jeep under parents name will be looked as fronting & save yourself the heart-ache and avoid as could affect parents own insurance also.

Advertisement