Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online Lighting Stores - Germany

Options
  • 27-01-2021 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I use UK online lighting stores quite a bit. But with all the hassle of customs etc I wondered if anyone knew of online outlet stores in Germany or anywhere else in Europe.

I know plugs will be two pin but that won’t bother me.

I find lighting very expensive in ireland. Always get it cheaper by a lot in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

karlitob wrote: »
    Hi all

I use UK online lighting stores quite a bit. But with all the hassle of customs etc I wondered if anyone knew of online outlet stores in Germany or anywhere else in Europe.

I know plugs will be two pin but that won’t bother me.

I find lighting very expensive in ireland. Always get it cheaper by a lot in the UK.

Irish website but they are German and ship from Germany

https://www.lights.ie/lampenwelt-com

I've bought two lights from them two years ago; excellent Quality and still functioning great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭karlitob

LenWoods wrote: »
    Irish website but they are German and ship from Germany

https://www.lights.ie/lampenwelt-com

I've bought two lights from them two years ago; excellent Quality and still functioning great.

Thank you. I actually spotted them after this post. Stuff looks good. Good to know they’re good quality.

This Brexit craic is making the small things hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

There's also LampAndLight.ie again with an Irish domain but the company is Dutch and ships from Netherlands. Most of these companies would have routed product through the UK prior to Brexit but not sure if they've adopted to using the France-Ireland direct sailings yet. Haven't used them so can't vouch on shipment times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

Have bought many fittings from both of the baove companies and found them very good. Had an external sensor light malfunction after about 4or5 months and they issued a replacement fitting no questions asked... I was impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭karlitob

Doop wrote: »
    Have bought many fittings from both of the baove companies and found them very good. Had an external sensor light malfunction after about 4or5 months and they issued a replacement fitting no questions asked... I was impressed!

Have you bought much from uk sites? Do they compare well price wise?

So much of the lighting I have in the house is from UK. I have found all of our main fixtures for 50% of the price in the UK. It’s really stark the difference.

Stupidly I didn’t get cracking with my to do list last year of finishing the house. But there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

karlitob wrote: »
    Have you bought much from uk sites? Do they compare well price wise?

So much of the lighting I have in the house is from UK. I have found all of our main fixtures for 50% of the price in the UK. It’s really stark the difference.

Stupidly I didn’t get cracking with my to do list last year of finishing the house. But there you go.

I've not to be honest so couldn't comment price wise. However I've always found the prices reasonable enough... they have full range price wise and the range of fittings is huge... you'd need to clear an afternoon to get through them!

Advertisement