Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TP-Link Deco M5 Gigabit Whole Home WiFi System - Triple Pack - £102.21 Delivered (£

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

bidiots wrote: »
    Daily? not good so. Do you need to power on/off or does it reset itself?
    Did you swap the main unit with a satelite unit to test?
    https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2400/
    That will be my next move I’d say

It resets itself but can take about 10 mins, once so far it was gone for 30 mins and I powered off/on and it came back up. ill actually try switching the main unit with a satellite and see how it does

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Back to £99.99 on Amazon for the m4 3-pack. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dubdad25

Tweaky wrote: »
    I removed the F2000 totally - I plugged the cable from the ONT straight into the back of the M4 . I then went through the set up and there was an option with no router and you just set up VLAN with an ID of 10 and it worked. The F2000 is back in its box.

Hi pal.
    I just got the triple pack of deco m4 today and tried getting rid of the f2000 but got stuck in the process of setting up and now I’m using it with the f2000 router. I hate this thing. Can you guide me through the steps once I select no router. There’s loads of info on these sub screens. I realise it’s just changing the vlan to 10 but this is where I’m stuck. Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Dubdad25 wrote: »
    Hi pal.
    I just got the triple pack of deco m4 today and tried getting rid of the f2000 but got stuck in the process of setting up and now I’m using it with the f2000 router. I hate this thing. Can you guide me through the steps once I select no router. There’s loads of info on these sub screens. I realise it’s just changing the vlan to 10 but this is where I’m stuck. Any help greatly appreciated.

I have a basic enough understanding of these as well so I may not be the best to give guidance
    This is what I did
    Unplugged the F2000
    Plugged the ethernet from the ONT straight into the M4
    Started the App and selected the route where you have no router/ Modem
    You then get an option to set up VLAN
    For Eir The VLAN ID must be 10
    VLAN Priority is 0
    It then asked me to create an SSID - I used the one from the F2000 eir-XXXXXX-2.4G and the password that was used for that. This means all your devices join straightaway and no messing.
    I then set up a guest network for 2.4GHZ only and put older items on that as they can struggle with a network with both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ on the same SSID as the deco has.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dubdad25

Tweaky wrote: »
    I have a basic enough understanding of these as well so I may not be the best to give guidance
    This is what I did
    Unplugged the F2000
    Plugged the ethernet from the ONT straight into the M4
    Started the App and selected the route where you have no router/ Modem
    You then get an option to set up VLAN
    For Eir The VLAN ID must be 10
    VLAN Priority is 0
    It then asked me to create an SSID - I used the one from the F2000 eir-XXXXXX-2.4G and the password that was used for that. This means all your devices join straightaway and no messing.
    I then set up a guest network for 2.4GHZ only and put older items on that as they can struggle with a network with both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ on the same SSID as the deco has.

That is some good guidance thank you. I’ll try it when the kids finish homework. Thanks for the rocket reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

anyone seen any deals lately? There is deco m5 2 packs for 99GBP , and looks like m4 3 packs are 120GBP?

😎

Advertisement