Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Pottery Throw Down - BBC 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Rich isn't it? He is delectable.

Sue pryke and melanie were last yrs judges ?

Sue was the judge. With crying Keith, who remains.

Melanie presented, being replaced by the school principal nun from Derry Girls (guess what, I can't think of her name! Siobhan something). Never took to Melanie, so looking forward to Sr Michael!!

I'm liking the new crew so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sr Micheal is great !! Enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Really enjoyed that, totally wouldn't mind being in a bubble with Rich :)

Really liked sals doggies and the bees.

Peter reminds me of harry rednapp abit :)

Rose's bowtie annoyed me way more than it should, also the length of her skirt I was convinced she was going to snot herself on the stairs. (I appreciate it might be a throw back to bygone yrs but looked like an accident about to happen)

Does anybody else get really nervous when they are carrying the trays of stuff into the drying room??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

That new Irish wan...NOOOOOOOOO.......shut the fcuk up your not funny....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

I so enjoyed last night, it is fast becoming my favourite of this genre of shows, I think it has knocked GBBO off the top perch! I really enjoyed Siobhan in it, I thought she added the humour that was lacking in previous years. Enjoyed Rich as a judge, I never was keen on the previous judge, thought she lacked personality. I loved Sal's dogs and the bees, the woman who did Route 66 was also good. I was disappointed with the one that was supposed to be an Alpine night sky, loved the idea but the execution was poor. Think the right person went home though, he was fairly poor compared to the others.

That new Irish wan...NOOOOOOOOO.......shut the fcuk up your not funny....
    I thought she was great! And will hopefully grow into the role.

A lot better, with a lot more personality, than Melanie anyway.

So delighted it's started up again, just what we need in these gloomy months :)

Sara cox all day long...Melanie was wooden..this wan i find just annoying, dressed like a clown.......i'd love to see the list of celebs they asked and turned down....

Sara cox all day long...Melanie was wooden..this wan i find just annoying, dressed like a clown.......i'd love to see the list of celebs they asked and turned down....
    I agree, Sara was the best - but Siobhán is a fine substitute for my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Loved that first episode!

Sal was a brilliant first winner, I would love the dog and cheese set.
    Lee's set with beehive was amazing as well.

I do love a Keith cry.

Not minding the new host Siobhan at all she is very different and quite loud compared to Mel but I think she will grow on me. Pretty funny

Also on a side note really nice to see a trans person on a TV show and it not being made a big deal of.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Loved that first episode!

Sal was a brilliant first winner, I would love the dog and cheese set.
    Lee's set with beehive was amazing as well.

I do love a Keith cry.

Not minding the new host Siobhan at all she is very different and quite loud compared to Mel but I think she will grow on me. Pretty funny

Also on a side note really nice to see a trans person on a TV show and it not being made a big deal of.

Which one is trans?

Which one is trans?
    Rose the new technician

gmisk wrote: »
    Rose the new technician

Oh right, I didn't know that.

I still think her bowtie and skirt are ridiculous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

These buildings look fantastic so far!

These buildings look fantastic so far!

They really do!! Dying to see how they all turn out.

I absolutely loved the brick challenge, that just looked like the best fun!!

Its exciting waiting for the building to come out
    Did we all gasp when the curly haired lads almost fell .

There's a boardsie "Mike litoris" I think , he makes similar stuff, you can see his stuff in the arts and crafts forum.

Sal is definitely one to watch.

I loved the mushroom dudes one.

I think Suz is extremely lucky , she has got by just by the fact others have had a slightly worse week than her.

The Asian girl her designs are very underwhelming, not much imagination in this or last week's challenges.

I think sal , mushroom dude and the nurse will go far.

Alon ? was lucky imo....his drawing looked like a house on a whale..in reality it looked like Downton abbey....on a goldfish.."disaster" was used but only for his bricks he survived...Irina was unlucky i think...and that fantasy building was a clear winner...imo...

Its a bit like Portrait/Landscape artist...i never pick the winner...

Alon ? was lucky imo....his drawing looked like a house on a whale..in reality it looked like Downton abbey....on a goldfish.."disaster" was used but only for his bricks he survived...Irina was unlucky i think...and that fantasy building was a clear winner...imo...

Its a bit like Portrait/Landscape artist...i never pick the winner...
    I would think the fact he won the brick challenge saved him too tbh.
    It was certainly ambitious as well.
    Suz was in bother but you could see if the door in and the wording had holes would have been brill.
    Irina's looked a bit simple in comparison to the rest.
    The one I thought that was poor was the town hall one in oxford Shenyue? It had no colour!

Sal extremely close to winning again she is so strong, surprised Adams amazing fairy house didn't get any tears it was brill!
    Jodie good winner though, the detail was amazing, plus she is lovely

Love love love this series!

Abit underwhelmed tonight.

I wouldn't have put shenyues piece as the winner, but then none really stood out.

I liked the vine leaf as the bowl and the grapes were fab.

Shame sals dragon fruit didn't work out.

Can't remember his name , olan maybe? Is starting to bug me abit....while it's good to push boundaries he's not executing them well, he needs to calm down and keep it simple.

Liked peter's bag.

Suz deserved to go, third week she's been very weak.

• Advertisement

Abit underwhelmed tonight.

I wouldn't have put shenyues piece as the winner, but then none really stood out.

I liked the vine leaf as the bowl and the grapes were fab.

Shame sals dragon fruit didn't work out.

Can't remember his name , olan maybe? Is starting to bug me abit....while it's good to push boundaries he's not executing them well, he needs to calm down and keep it simple.

Liked peter's bag.

Suz deserved to go, third week she's been very weak.

I thought Alons “ bowl “ was simply awful

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I thought Alons “ bowl “ was simply awful

Could you imagine that in the middle of the dining room table.

He's trying too hard to be edgey and out there or something....he needs to reign it in as I think he probably does have the talent.

Earlier I said to hubbie that I thought Shenyue was regretting her decision to go with all green. Clearly I know nothing about pottery or art :)

I thought Suz's "wood" bowl was fantastic. As was the Polynesian one, but we hardly got to see it.

Alon def needs to calm it down a bit, he sets himself up for a fall every single week! He def has talent, but a bit over ambitious.

Shenyue annoyed me at the end (well, she annoys me most of the time tbh) saying "well, I've worked really hard this week so basically I deserve this" or words to the effect - yeah, love, everyone worked really hard, not just you!!

In saying that, she had by far the best blindfold round, so have to say she deserved the win.

Not the best week by a long shot, and it promised so much!

I'm really loving Siobhan in the presenting role.

Earlier I said to hubbie that I thought Shenyue was regretting her decision to go with all green. Clearly I know nothing about pottery or art :)

Yeah I thought once again lack of imagination, everything the same colour.

Shows what I know :D

I do agree , Heidi, that Suz's board was excellent but I think her fruit were a disaster. A couple of others did the same fruit as her and nailed it so that didn't help either.

Did I miss something..we're they not asked to reproduce "fruit" in a bowl...

Poor Henry..felt he was robbed....

Still don't like Shouty Mc Loudly....don't imagine I ever will....

Some fantastic vases this week...Alon was the winner...but only in my head...the girl that won's vases were probably the least attractive...but i'm not a potter...:o

Again I thought it was abit underwhelming.

Now I do appreciate the skill/knowledge you need for that firing.... realistically I'd set myself on fire if I attempted something like that.

Shenyues approach again I thought unimaginative but it actually worked out very well for her, I thought her vases were up in the top 3 anyway....I think this firing technique "less is more"

I rolled my eyes at Alon when he said what he was doing...there's something "show off" about him, it's like he has to display extra knowledge or something, but the technique did work for him.....though I wasn't gone on the inverted neck.

As an aside .....did anyone find it weird where they stopped filming, like they had completed the task and all that was left to do was announce the winner etc.

Oh wow! Keith is definitely going to cry when he sees these!

• Advertisement

Ah it's a shame they didn't give Lionel Richie, they could have done their take of the "Hello" video :D

Advertisement