Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

• 22-01-2021 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Its man versus Machine....
    Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Terminator-2-620x450.gif

4 evil Terminators have traveled back in time to kill humanity. Their mission? To kill John Connor and everyone he loves.

Two other time travelers have travelled back in time to help save the world.

Who will survive......
    THE GAME :

The game will be split into 2 factions, the village (the good team) and the wolves (the bad guys).

Here are the Village roles :

The Good Guys – (Aka The Village)

John Connor - The chosen one. He is linked to both his mother, Kyle Reece and the good T-800. If all 3 die before John, John gets a secret power.

Sarah Connor – The Village vigilante. You get one shot per night to use as you please. You will also get an extra bullet if John Connor is lynched. If you shot John Connor, however...... you will lose your gun, thus coming an ordinary villager

T-800 (Arnie) – Jack of all trades – This role gives the player 3 actions to choose from each night: Shoot a player /Protect a player/ Action block. Every night starting night 1, you can target someone with one of those actions. You can only use each action once. Once the action is used, it is gone. You can choose to withhold an action on any night of your choosing and you will not lose an action that night. You cannot use your protect action on yourself. Should he protect John or Sarah Connor and should John or Sarah Connor be targeted for munch, he will die saving John.

Kyle Reese – The bodyguard. Kyle can protect one villager per night. Should he protect John or Sarah Connor and should John or Sarah Connor be targeted for munch, he will die saving John.

Miles Dyson - Miles has a killswitch. He may use this only once. If Miles hits the killswitch, the player with the second highest lynch votes will die in the following lynch. Miles can only hit the killswitch between 10pm and 10am.

The evil team – The Terminators

T-1000 (Robert Patrick) – Alpha Wolf - You are the ultimate terminating machine. You have 3 lives. If you are shot or lynched, you will lose a life. But will kill another player at random and assume their identity until all lives are gone. Mechanics of this role are below.

T-1000 mechanics. Example – Jimmy WW is T-1000 and is handled by Beakerjoe. Tammy WW is handled by Necro.
    Jimmy WW is then lynched. He loses a life and Jimmy WW is taken from the game. Tammy WW is chosen at random and Beakerjoe assumes control of Tammy WW and Necro leaves the game. Beakerjoe has 3 lives and is dead on his 3rd lynch/shot. (any questions, just ask) WARNING - Hypothetically players may not be lynched but they may die come lynch time if the T-1000 is killed.

Evil T-800 x3 - 3 evil Cyberdyne Terminators will assist the T-1000 in hunting John Connor. They will be regular wolves.

SOME NEW THREAD RULES[ - PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF FAMILAR WITH THE BELOW/B]

Players shall be allowed 40 posts per day until 6pm. From 6pm each day, post limits wiil be suspended until Lynch. So from 6pm to 9pm you cant post how much as you like.

From 9pm the thread will be closed for 1 hour.

Lynch votes must be in by 9pm. Lynch results will be revealed at 10pm.

All games actions, such as bullets, protects munch shall be actioned at night, between 10pm and 10am.

Munch will take place at 11am.

The thread will again be closed from 9am to 11am. Each day will begin at 11am.

Daily Competition

Each day at 1pm a competition for in game prizes will commence. These days are not essential to the playing experience but can enhance it. Players will win items that they can use to play the game.

General Game Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM BEAKERJOE , or if you have a backroom raise any issue there. ill respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted.

3. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins as soon as the mods say IT IS DAY, with lynch thread opened immediately thereafter. Note that voting is live and will be conductedVIA google form (Link will be provided.) thread. Lynches take place at 9pm, Munches will take place at 11AM (depending on sleep for the game mods). All Night Actions are due by 10am every morning. The first lynch is Monday at 9pm. When the mod says the thread is closed, the thread is not open to posting.

To voting will be done via the google form provided. Form will be available from 11am each day. You may vote when ever you liek from 10am and you may change your vote as the day goes on. No one can see your vote until after lynch. Voting results will be available after lynch at 930pm.

There will always be the option for players to vote for 'No Lynch'.
    Game mods also wish to inform players that there is a 5 post minimum requirement per day, which will begin from Monday morning at 10am.

There will be no missed votes in this game. Failure to enter a valid vote by the deadline will result in a penalty vote against yourself in that lynch. Failure to meet the posting requirements in a cycle will also result in the same punishment, a penalty vote against yourself in the next lynch. This will increase incrementally as follows:
    1 missed vote OR missed posting requirements = 1 self vote
    2 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 2 self votes
    3 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 4 self votes
    4 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 8 self votes
    etc.

4. Lynch rules: You can use the google form provided on Monday to vote. Whoever has the most votes will be killed an exit the game. This will be revealed at 930pm each night. The votes WILL be published in this game following lynch. at 10pm. THERE WILL BE NO ORDER TO TEH RESULTS RELEASED.

In the event of a tied vote: the lynch will be resolved by the game mod using a randomizing method.

5. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until kills are announced or until I ask you to stop posting. You are not officially dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the dead room where you can discuss the game. Please aware, you may die suddenly without warning. Please dont post if this happens.

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

7. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in the world of the Terminator Saga. Try to forget about everything going on in the outside world.
    You may claim a role, but be careful...... role claims can cause consequences.

Win Conditions:

The Wolves/ Terminators need to gain parity with the good team to win. The Good team need to eliminate all Terminators to win.

The game is an anonymous game. Get into your anonymous game accounts and have at it

PLAYERS

1. Tegan WW
    2. Steve WW
    3. Frank WW
    4. Lucy WW
    5. Conor WW
    6. Isla WW
    7. Doris WW
    8. Gabriel WW
    9. Jake WW
    10. Orla WW
    11. Patrick WW
    12. Nigel WW
    13. Barbara WW
    14. Angus WW
    15. Fiona WW
    16. Derry WW
    17. Phil WW
    18. Emily WW
    19. Vernon WW
    20. Katie WW
    21. Gertrude WW
    22. Mary WW
    23. Eva WW
    24. Brendan WW
    25. Clodagh WW

GAME THREAD IS CLOSED...... ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE PM ME OR POST IN THE SIGN UP THREAD.

PMs will be issued before 6pm on Sunday
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Roles issued.......

First action will be at 1pm (Skynet codes challenge)

Post freely until 10am tomorrow ( when post count limits begin - 40 per player until 6pm)

giphy.gif

GAME OPEN

Lynch form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3eA5Tg0VjX98nXCLjMUt7kia_RBqDdwcISgZshfKOBE3KVg/viewform

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Anyone want to own up to being a furball?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Quiet start so far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Evening all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Quiet start so far.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

So judgement day has made everybody lose their sense of humor?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Good evening!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Hi everyone.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Good evening!
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Fluffy posts can be dangerous , Nice safe opening post.

SkinnyOpenKilldeer-small.gif

Should have come in with sod yez all. I'll know next time.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Evening

Check In

Scan

Orla WW wrote: »
    Should have come in with sod yez all. I'll know next time.

This is judgement day, there won’t be a next time. :(

Check Out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

4bC3.gif

Sup with the whack sup

I'll be back

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, mushy peas, stuffing , broccoli , gravy - get the f*ck in, I’m starving and really looking forward to it.

Only thing Is that I’m usually knackered after such a feast so I may not be back...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    I'll be back

https://images.app.goo.gl/9XLMGPZFhiZxdqtr5

Lucy is suss

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

To Fanny,

I cry your mercy—pity—love!—ay, love
    The day is gone, and all its sweets are gone.

Yours truly,
    Lamia

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hi all, its a bitter one this evening.. cold outside also

Emily WW wrote: »
    Roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, mushy peas, stuffing , broccoli , gravy - get the f*ck in, I’m starving and really looking forward to it.

Only thing Is that I’m usually knackered after such a feast so I may not be back...

Where was this feast?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Hi all :)

Barbara WW wrote: »
    To Fanny,

Yours truly,
    Lamia

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Needs a steak on the side

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

To Fanny,

Yours truly,
    Lamia

Interesting opening.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

No croquettes??

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

sup y'all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

No croquettes??

I’m having them :)

• Advertisement

Chicken Fillets, pasta and onion rings here for my dinner. Twas B E A Utiful

Advertisement