Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slim frame internal glass doors

• 13-01-2021 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to remove a set of wooden internal doors and replace with glass doors. The room is quite dark as these doors block light from kitchen (which is mostly glazed).

Any recommendations on products with glass and a slim frame? Not looking for bog standard oak with glass panels as there is still a lot of frame in those.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

dubstepper wrote: »
    I'm looking to remove a set of wooden internal doors and replace with glass doors. The room is quite dark as these doors block light from kitchen (which is mostly glazed).

Any recommendations on products with glass and a slim frame? Not looking for bog standard oak with glass panels as there is still a lot of frame in those.

thanks

What about frameless glass doors or maybe crittal doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Googling those they look quite good. Are they expensive, would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Anything off standard will be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

dubstepper wrote: »
    Googling those they look quite good. Are they expensive, would you know?

Very expensive, im currently putting one at home 1500mm wide (Door & Side Light) 2800mm High crittle style and its looking in the region of €3.5k min, id imagine the glass type being far cheaper, any frame less glass shower door company should be able to do it for you

Thanks Jimmy. Great to get an indicative price for crittal. My dimensions would be smaller but not far off .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

JimmyMW wrote: »
    Very expensive, im currently putting one at home 1500mm wide (Door & Side Light) 2800mm High crittle style and its looking in the region of €3.5k min, id imagine the glass type being far cheaper, any frame less glass shower door company should be able to do it for you
    Do you mind sharing who you are using for the crittal style doors. Pm will be good

I got a quote from an irish company to do steel crittal doors for 3.7k. Very nice but am now thinking of getting a different style of this

Advertisement