Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

series vs UAE and Afghanistan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭minitrue

271-9, Tucker out for 83 off 96 when there were 15 balls left (and 35 needed, he'd put on 18 off his last 5 balls having finally got hold of a couple while the feed was down AGAIN). That Rashid innings just killed us really but it was only once Delany had failed to smash on some quick runs that I really felt it was probably gone. All in all I wouldn't write us off from bouncing back and winning the next 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fergiesfav

As is often the case the death overs killed us. Until we uncover a quick that can bowler tight overs at the end this side will struggle to restrict teams to less than 250.

Decent effort with the bat, Tucker especially. But again big issues to sort out. KOB is not an opener, crazy to try him there at his age. McCollum needs to play. Delaney at the minute is offering nothing, bowls a couple of overs for a lot and doesn't ever look like he's comfortable batting.

Id have McCollum in for Delaney with KOB dropping to 4. I'd like to see Tector bowl some overs. He has a good record with the Wolves

Same pitch and we won the toss and are batting. Same team, let's hope at least 1 of the top 3 can get stuck in and make a score this time and I haven't just cursed them!

Well it's not going to be KOB, edges his second ball to slip off the offie Mujeeb :( I blame myself ;)

And Balbirnie LBW sweeping after the longest DRS ever cause they had issues with ultraedge (Balbirnie's reaction said he didn't hit it anyway though it was extremely close to the glove). Balltracker says he didn't get outside the line and it didn't turn enough so it would have smashed leg. 20-2 off 4 and Tector in to join Stirling. Me and my big mouth!

• Advertisement

50 off 47 for Stirling having survived the most marginal Umpire's Call view off Nabi! Tector just keeping him company on 13 off 27. 70-2 off 14.2

Tector falls after doing a good job keeping Stirling company (including a good review off his first ball from Rashid, a googlie that was beating leg according to ball tracker), 24 off 58 and succumbs like Balbirnie in the last game chipping a slower ball to mid-wicket. 104-3 off 24.5 so a good recovery but a lot to do. Campher joins Stirling in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Harry Tector is out, I watched him a few times and he is technically correct but struggles to rotate the strike, harmless enough looking player but will get lots of chances and may turn out OK. Also his father strikes me as a bit of a tulip, was he any good? 104/3 now, no momentum in the innings

Now there is a bit of momentum, Stirling with 3 boundaries 123/3 off 28, 13 from the over

It's the same pitch and it was tough enough the first time out!

I don't think Tector Sr was much of a player but in more recent times he's been the man behind the quality of most of the (good) streams for non-televised games here.

• Advertisement

minitrue wrote: »
    It's the same pitch and it was tough enough the first time out!

I don't think Tector Sr was much of a player but in more recent times he's been the man behind the quality of most of the (good) streams for non-televised games here.

Good on him, I wasn't slating the chap, just wondering, Stirling has reached a ton now, he's 105* out of 176/3 off 37

And Campher falls for 47 (off 51), smashing a Rashid full toss straight to cover :( He's really helped kick on this innings though, 210-4 off 41.3. Tucker in now with Stirling on 125 off 127. 8.3 overs to see if we can get to a big total.

And Campher falls for 47 (off 51), smashing a Rashid full toss straight to cover :( He's really helped kick on this innings though, 210-4 off 41.3. Tucker in now with Stirling on 125 off 127. 8.3 overs to see if we can get to a big total.

Pity about that, was a rubbish ball, good stand though, need a finishing kick to get 275+

And now Stirling flays a wide one into covers hands :( 128 off 132, darn good knock and made sure we are in this fight! 226-45 off 44.3 and Delany in now with 5.3 overs to go, fireworks or bust you would think ;)

Tucker looks to lift one over the square leg boundary but doesn't really get hold of it/give it enough and an easy catch for Nabi to send him packing for 17 off 19. Singh in now and 233-6 off 46

Tucker looks to lift one over the square leg boundary but doesn't really get hold of it/give it enough and an easy catch for Nabi to send him packing for 17 off 19. Singh in now and 233-6 off 46

I have revised my target to 260, hard going against the spinners

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Navanboyo

Thanks for the updates. One question if you dont mind, is the boundry the same as the last game? There were comments the last time that it was brought in or smaller than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Is it been streamed somewhere

Honestly I'd have taken the 250 from the start, but I'd like a big last over! McBrine tries but bowled first ball and Singh had glover a slow ball bouncer behind but no hat-trick ball today for Naveen! McCarthy at the non-strikers end for the last over with Delany facing ... well they certainly both like to go big, but Delany just slaps the first ball out to the cover sweeper to put McCarthy on strike! He tried to go big but it goes up a long way but not far enough and caught maybe 5y inside the boundary by Rashid :( At least they crossed so 4 balls for Delany to find the middle of the bat while Young watches on? Finshes 2, 2, 1 and Young faces the last ball (#11s dream) and tries a sneaky flick but misses and they run a leg bye so 259-9. Take our chances and I fancy it's enough, let them have chances and it won't be.

Boundary is in quite a lot, maybe not quite as extreme as last time.

You have to sign up to it but https://www.freesportsplayer.tv/ is the official way to watch (yes, at least as of last game it said UK only but it works fine here).

• Advertisement

It's on Premier sports 1, if you can't get that, try YouTube, just type in Ireland v Afghanistan cricket, and it's 3 or 4 down on the first page.

lol I forgot about the official tv coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

I am looking at it on FB, just type it in, perfect reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Thanks

Slow start then some quick runs so McCarthy on first change and strikes LBW with his 5th ball, looked stitched and no review. 44-1 off 7.5

And BOOOM, Gurbaz gone LBW to Camphers 3rd ball and he instantly wastes a review! 48-2 off 8.3

Afghanistan have rebuilt a bit too well for our liking and McBrine not getting the same amount of turn today. 99-2 off 17 at drinks, we'd really like another double strike now straight after drinks!

Afghanistan have rebuilt a bit too well for our liking and McBrine not getting the same amount of turn today. 99-2 off 17 at drinks, we'd really like another double strike now straight after drinks!
    Need a few quick wickets, Afghanistan looking comfortable

Time to run through the bowling options, Delany, Stirling, Tector, Balbirnie and feck it, if that doesn't work let's see what Tucker can do and bowl all 11!

• Advertisement

Finally, 232-3 off 42 as Hashmatullah skies one off Singh looking to try and get to his century (82 off 100) and Young gets around and takes it diving at long-on. Be some miracle from here if we can get anything out of this with them needing 28 off 48 and Shah still there on 96 (off 102). A million to one now he's brought up his century guiding a gift from Barry down to the fine leg boundary.

The only bright side of sorts is I don't think we missed any chances, the pitch just did nothing except be slow and they new how to ground it out. And as I type that Tector flies through the air and can't hold on to a chance to get Shah (wasn't impossible but would have been good)! And then next ball Delany puts down a pretty regulation chance at mid-wicket/cow to leave McCarthy fuming! It really is all my fault :-o

Advertisement