Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FWC - Jan 2021 thanks to Blue5000

• 23-01-2021 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭

Fantasy Watch Competition Time again.

Rules this month

1. €25k total spend excl shipping,
    2. All made pre 1990,
    3. Can be any brand,
    4. Made anywhere.
    5. Usual EU/UK available on Chrono 24 at time of entry.

Remember trying to get as close to the 25k total as possible will be the decider in the case of a draw. Entries to Fitz II before end of Jan and I will let the poll run for a week in Feb.

Winner pick next months rules.

Good Luck:D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ahh Jaysus Fitz, this was made for my oddballness and my mind's just gone blank. :) Well blanker than usual...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ahh Jaysus Fitz, this was made for my oddballness and my mind's just gone blank. :) Well blanker than usual...

When in doubt go for the classics Wibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is it 5 picks again?

banie01 wrote: »
    Is it 5 picks again?

Yep 5 picks, UK is open but that may change in upcoming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nice set of parameters there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Looking forward to trying to guess your entry. I'm not going to enter this month, but hopefully more folks will have a go this month. It takes a fair bit of time for Fitz to put this idea together, thanks.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

blue5000 wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying to guess your entry. I'm not going to enter this month, but hopefully more folks will have a go this month. It takes a fair bit of time for Fitz to put this idea together, thanks.

Ha Wibbs will be the easiest to spot because it will be the one with great war trench watches with frickin armour plating. Everyone else will just have Colombian drug dealer dual tone date justs 😉

This is another really good one that requires a bit of effort. Hoping to take part this month.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

redlead wrote: »
    Ha Wibbs will be the easiest to spot because it will be the one with great war trench watches with frickin armour plating.

1z5i0z.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Due to lack of interest I am suspending this one, only one entry. I will revisit the fantasy watch collections again later in the year, think people are jaded at the moment.....

Feck. :( sorry Fitz it completely slipped what passes for my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Feck. :( sorry Fitz it completely slipped what passes for my mind.

Ditto Fitz, it completely slipped my mind.
    That said, medical issues and college are combining to leave me zero time for Chrono24 envy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Win by default - I demand a recount - :D - actually even in China you get to vote amongst multiple individuals in local elections (all from the same party mind ;) )

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Win by default - I demand a recount - :D - actually even in China you get to vote amongst multiple individuals in local elections (all from the same party mind ;) )

All Hail glorious leader Thirdfox, "Service for the People"

Thirdfox wrote: »

Congrats and happy new year, the year of the metal ox, might be good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

I have enjoyed this competition.

I wasn’t over enamoured with this set of rules......as it pushed me outside of my comfort zone and I have to date tried to pick watches I like, rather than watches I think others will like and vote for (and maybe that’s the perspective everyone has taken)

But I forgot to enter! Perhaps let it rest for a month or two and then pick this one up with this set of rules again.

I think we should move it to fantasy pens

Fitz II wrote: »
    I think we should move it to fantasy pens

Maybe just ask admin for a posh pen forum? Parker jotter does me, and I take my own bic 4 in one into the co-op when I have to sign a docket, you just never know who else used the one on the counter these days:eek:.

Advertisement