Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leafspy DTC report

Options
  • 09-11-2018 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Using Leafspy I've read the DTC's on my L30 - see attached. I'm not clear what they are telling me though. Can anyone decipher them and advice if they is anything untoward going on?

Also on other threads people keep referring to clearing DTC's one by one. I don't see that option on my screen. It just gives me the option of clearing all DTCs in one go. Is this simply a setting issue?

DTC 181108.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If it were me, I'd just clear all the codes and then see if they reoccur after you do some driving. If they dont appear you've nothing to worry about.

Those errors could be from long before you had the car and are just sitting there with nothing actually wrong.

e.g. When the 12V battery goes low you get a whole load of errors in that screen.

Can you also post a pic of the "Read ECU versions" screen. That will tell you whether you need to get the battery module update done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭creedp

This is the Leafspy ECU Versions Report I ran a couple of days back. Thanks

Leasfspy - ECU Versions.jpg

Yea, you need the battery module update
    The HV battery line is the one to look at
    4NR4A means its the old version.
    After update it will read 4NR4C and you will get more range back.

You need to ask your dealer to get the latest firmware installed on the car specifically the one for the "battery controller". If they telll you they know nothing about it then get onto Nissan Ireland.

This is welll documented in the UK.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

KCross wrote: »

You need to ask your dealer to get the latest firmware installed on the car specifically the one for the "battery controller". If they telll you they know nothing about it then get onto Nissan Ireland.

This is just for L30's yeah?

kceire wrote: »
    This is just for L30's yeah?

Yes.

Some of them show a lower SOH than they should. Applying the new software gives you back, from what I can tell, 2-7% extra SOH back which in turn gives you extra range because the BMS now wont show low battery warnings as early.

The battery itself doesnt change and doesnt have an issue.... its just what the BMS thinks the capacity of the battery is, is wrong.

• Advertisement

Much appreciated KCross

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

They're the codes I was getting when my 12V was low. What is your 12V reading at?

Obviously do what KCross said too!

Per Leafspy normally between 12.96 and 13.04 volts when not being charge by main battery but saw it as low as 12.88v at one point. I need to get one of those testers that plugs into cig lighter for a 2nd opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

Does every Leaf with the older firmware need the update?

podge3 wrote: »
    Does every Leaf with the older firmware need the update?

Only 152/161 30kWh Leafs. Maybe some 162’s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

Only 152/161 30kWh Leafs. Maybe some 162’s
    Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, I'm currently looking to buy a Leaf and if I come across one in that age bracket with the old firmware, is the update definitely applicable to it? Or is it only some cars in that age profile with the old firmware should have the update done?

podge3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, I'm currently looking to buy a Leaf and if I come across one in that age bracket with the old firmware, is the update definitely applicable to it? Or is it only some cars in that age profile with the old firmware should have the update done?

It was an issue in all the early production models of the 30kWh. Once they recognised it they fixed it but its hard to tell exactly where the cutoff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Apologies for jumping on this thread, is this firmware upgrade free from Nissan? I have another recall to get and would like both done whenever I get to go (outside 5km) TIA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I got it done free at service time, not aware of anyone who had to pay for it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement