Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a platform

• 11-01-2021 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend a platform for me as I’m losing my mind with Coinbase.

Every time there is a dip and I try to buy it fails on me, it’s bloody ridiculous!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Dnxncofiruwvx

Can someone recommend a platform for me as I’m losing my mind with Coinbase.

Every time there is a dip and I try to buy it fails on me, it’s bloody ridiculous!

Kraken isn’t as user friendly as Coinbase but other than that I find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Kraken was down today aswell tho??
    That’s what I read on Twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Binance for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Dnxncofiruwvx

Kraken was down today aswell tho??
    That’s what I read on Twitter!

Oh really? It’s never been an issue for me, I know Coinbase is notorious for going down but I thought Kraken was a bit more reliable, maybe not though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Oh really? It’s never been an issue for me, I know Coinbase is notorious for going down but I thought Kraken was a bit more reliable, maybe not though!

Coinbase goes down more than Junior Soprano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I use Kraken and Coinbase. I recommend using the "pro" versions of coinbase and kraken as you buy at better prices. They are no more difficult to use than Degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Kraken used to have a few issues about 3/4 years ago - but consistently stable and accessible for me since

*I wonder if I should get commission from Kraken for this post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

CoinMetro. They didn't go down at all when coinbase/kraken did. Think of them like Coinbase but much more customer focused. Thank me later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭alanbk

Elessar wrote: »
    CoinMetro. They didn't go down at all when coinbase/kraken did. Think of them like Coinbase but much more customer focused. Thank me later :)
    Moved over to CoinMetro. Much better. Thanks for the advice. They only seem to support a few cryptos though or am I missing something? Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

alanbk wrote: »
    Moved over to CoinMetro. Much better. Thanks for the advice. They only seem to support a few cryptos though or am I missing something? Thanks again.

Good move! I've been with them since the start, their support and community is second to none. The CEO will personally respond to you on telegram and does a weekly AMA. And they're doing some incredible things in this space that nobody else is doing.

They do have a small selection of alts at the moment but it's growing all the time. The generally only list projects they see as having potential. They were the first to list PRQ for example (which has exploded in price). They are adding more all the time, one or two more due next week I believe. They want to make sure they have good liquidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Huobi and Kucoin have a huge number of markets, plenty of low MC tokens to get onto early before they go mainstream on Coinbase and the regular man on the street knows about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Anybody know whats going on with the address verification on Coinbase - I have been using the app for a while and early last week I was blocked from buying crypto until my address was validated. Sent proof of address but have been waiting 12-13 days and still no access.
    Doesn't seem right to me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anybody know whats going on with the address verification on Coinbase - I have been using the app for a while and early last week I was blocked from buying crypto until my address was validated. Sent proof of address but have been waiting 12-13 days and still no access.
    Doesn't seem right to me

I had verified in the past, but they hit me for verification in October..... only took them 5 weeks to sort it. No response on support tickets. Once it was resolved, I withdrew my crypto and moved to Kraken.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

thanks - yeah I have raised a couple of support tickets about this and different items in the past with zero response.
    Like you I will be moving to a different service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

thanks - yeah I have raised a couple of support tickets about this and different items in the past with zero response.
    Like you I will be moving to a different service

Yeah get your crypto out of there imo. I did the same few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I had verified in the past, but they hit me for verification in October..... only took them 5 weeks to sort it. No response on support tickets. Once it was resolved, I withdrew my crypto and moved to Kraken.

Best of luck

Do you mind if I ask if you moved any ethereum? I moved my xrp to kraken but held off on moving ether because I didn't understand how much it would cost.

But from hearing the issues people have been having with coinbase maybe it's worth the cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask if you moved any ethereum? I moved my xrp to kraken but held off on moving ether because I didn't understand how much it would cost.

But from hearing the issues people have been having with coinbase maybe it's worth the cost...

You should see the fee quoted when you set up the transaction.

Google Coinbase fees and you should see the fees for different coins .

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

I use bitpanda. Easy to use but not transparent on fees and does not list all coins.

Advertisement