Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance

• 17-01-2021 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Best reccomended cheapest non nargc providers. who are yous using and how much as individuals not group rates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kjl412

Country Sports Ireland - €40 for a year individual membership.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

About the only one i can think off too. There was another but they pulled out of Ireland i believe.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnner2

Thanks lads, yep Im looking at them just wasn't sure about the rest, ifi, I think there used to be one 3c'or something like that and countryside alliance Ireland from what I gather they are gone from the Republic��

Johnner2 wrote: »
    .... and countryside alliance Ireland from what I gather they are gone from the Republic��
    Thats the one. CAI. Gone now afaik.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭JP22

See also IFA Countryside.

https://ifacountryside.ie/membership/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paulireland

As a matter of interest I have insurance with Country sports.Its only €40 a year. When I went to put my shotgun on house insurance for damage.theft etc they said I would have to have a monitored alarm.Company policy for any firearm.
    Anyone had the same problem

As a matter of interest I have insurance with Country sports.Its only €40 a year. When I went to put my shotgun on house insurance for damage.theft etc they said I would have to have a monitored alarm.Company policy for any firearm.
    probably better of just saying sporting equipment

JP22 wrote: »
    See also IFA Countryside.

https://ifacountryside.ie/membership/
    yep that's the one I meant when I said ifi. I think there nearly twice the price heard €70 somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kunekunesika

Had the same crack. Even asked if it was a legal firearm??? Worked around it as sporting item under 2000e

Thanks for that

• Advertisement

Yes and no.

My insurance wanted a monitored alarm but i already had it in place.

I'd think carefully about how you list the items. Insurance companies are known to cancel policies or not indemnify them if anything is other than what was stated when the policy was enacted.

Good point Cass
    If you make a claim they will ask what sporting item it was and when you say firearm they will tell you its not covered as no alarm:(

Just be careful. Think of it like this. You go for car insurance (and i'm referencing a case of a chap i knew) and they ask "Any modifications or alterations to the car". He answered no. At the time he didn't. Roll on 8 months later and he has a crash, trying to avoid a car. It was him and a wall. He claimed of his own policy (fully comp) and when the assessor came out to inspect the van he noted the different wheels to the factory ones and the insurance company voided his policy saying he did not declare this and the wheels are not factory standard, not declared and hence the policy is moot.

He is still fighting with them, but if they can make life difficult over something as innocuous as new wheels what will they do if they think you tried to circumvent the policy. Other than the guns not being covered what if they decide to nullify the entire policy.

Not attempting to scare you into spending well over a grand on a monitored alarm but perhaps seek out a new company that will allow firearms as part of your content cover (perhaps even without the need for the monitored alarm).

Advertisement